Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Transmission issue

I own a 2014 FiST, Recently about a week ago literally, i just got my clutch changed and i dropped 2,000 as the car was used and has 50,000 miles on it. I thought this would help my issue because my clutch pedal went to the floor but now i’m starting to having a issue of my 1st to 2nd seems to shift hard and not smooth at all. As well as I barely commute 20 miles a day. I’ve been driving manuel for a long time now. As this is my 3rd manuel car so i don’t think i’m the reason to be destroying my clutch.
if anyone can help thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I own a 2014 FiST, Recently about a week ago literally, i just got my clutch changed and i dropped 2,000 as the car was used and has 50,000 miles on it. I thought this would help my issue because my clutch pedal went to the floor but now i’m starting to having a issue of my 1st to 2nd seems to shift hard and not smooth at all. As well as I barely commute 20 miles a day. I’ve been driving manuel for a long time now. As this is my 3rd manuel car so i don’t think i’m the reason to be destroying my clutch.
if anyone can help thank you

Sounds like the clutch slave cylinder needs to be bled, or is leaking. Did the shop replace the slave cylinder when they changed the clutch? Who did the work?

OP
F
Thread Starter #3
I got it fixed at a Ford Dealer, they changed the whole clutch assembly.

koozy

3000 Post Club
Got trans oil in the gearbox? They must have drained it to perform the job, did they refill? And if they did how much?

OP
F
Thread Starter #6

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
i should try this out when i have time. lately it’s been a little bit better but i get a few grinds or pop sounds when going in reverse i may take it back to the dealership, but i just don’t wanna be charged the 130 inspection fee

They shouldn't charge you another $130 if something isn't working right after they worked on it. If they try just have a conniption fit and write a scathing review if they do and put it up on YELP and Google. Hell id even call corporate because it should still be under warranty with both Labor and the Part. Good luck...Keep us up to date! [raceflag]

Ford Community Posts