Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FS 2019 Fiesta ST - 3,300 miles! (Lease)

Trader history for bschoon55 (0)

It breaks my heart to do this. I have a 2019 Fiesta ST with only 3,300 miles on it. The car is leased and has 28 months left on the lease @ $221.75 a month. I leased it as a secondary but fun vehicle that could be used as a daily driver. I recently acquired a 2018 Mustang GT that has taken all of my time. This FiST desperately needs a place where someone can call it home. Try it temporarily through the lease, and/or buy it at the end of the lease. The car runs just as well as the day it was taken for delivery from the dealership.

I do not regret this car at all, it's an absolute blast and the community around this is absolutely fantastic. Money is tight and this car isn't getting the attention it deserves. Please see the ad here:

https://www.swapalease.com/lease/details/2019-Ford-Fiesta.aspx?salid=1408925

Thank you all

Last edited:

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
It breaks my heart to do this. I have a 2019 Fiesta ST with only 3,300 miles on it. The car is leased and has 28 months left on the lease @ $221.75 a month. I leased it as a secondary but fun vehicle that could be used as a daily driver. I recently acquired a 2018 Mustang GT that has taken all of my time. This FiST desperately needs a place where someone can call it home. Try it temporarily through the lease, and/or buy it at the end of the lease. The car runs just as well as the day it was taken for delivery from the dealership.

I do not regret this car at all, it's an absolute blast and the community around this is absolutely fantastic. Money is tight and this car isn't getting the attention it deserves. Please see the ad here:

https://www.swapalease.com/lease/details/2019-Ford-Fiesta.aspx?salid=1408925

Thank you all
What’s the buyout price at the end of the lease?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the link shows $12.7k buyout. basically you can pay $6200 for 28 months or 28000 miles.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
the link shows $12.7k buyout. basically you can pay $6200 for 28 months or 28000 miles.
OK thanks, didn't see that. So basically only beneficial to someone who would want a lease because $18.9K is a lot for a used FiST these days.

OP
bschoon55
Thread Starter #8
You’re going to pay $222 a month for the next 28 months, and then you’ll give the car back or pay them 12.7k and keep it.
That would be 19k total.
Yup, which I agree is a lot for a used ST. The way I look at it is this, the car only had 3,300 miles on it which is basically nothing. You guys have seen these cars push well over 100k without any trouble as long as it's properly maintained. This car also has had a professional tint job done all around it. I can also throw in a car cover and weathertech sunshade for free. I realize that adds no value, but it's something useable.

This car is really optimal for someone that is looking for the FiST at a cheap price. (It's cheap if you just run it through the lease and trade it in). It works if someone wants it for a few years and that's about it. I had absolutely no intentions of getting rid of this car, I absolutely love it. I've just had some unexpected expenses come up and now I'm just trying to smooth things out.

OP
bschoon55
Thread Starter #9
I actually got some updated numbers, the car is currently $17,473 if someone were to just buy it outright now.

After the lease is up, the purchase price is actually $12,025 not what I had listed on the ad so I will need to update it.

Attachments

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I actually got some updated numbers, the car is currently $17,473 if someone were to just buy it outright now.

After the lease is up, the purchase price is actually $12,025 not what I had listed on the ad so I will need to update it.
It's probably worth $16-$16.5K so you aren't that far in the hole.

OP
bschoon55
Thread Starter #11
It's probably worth $16-$16.5K so you aren't that far in the hole.
Yeah it's not too bad. I've gotten some interest on it already, I'll see where it takes me. I really don't want to lose this car. I love it and the community around it..... just boils down to money literally. The car itself is perfect and I don't regret it one bit. I just wish I could keep it with me.

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Yeah it's not too bad. I've gotten some interest on it already, I'll see where it takes me. I really don't want to lose this car. I love it and the community around it..... just boils down to money literally. The car itself is perfect and I don't regret it one bit. I just wish I could keep it with me.
Maybe sell the Mustang then hehe. Sad to see another fist go but I wish you good luck with the sale

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
In this case, and nearly always, a terrible decision.
Buyout is not always a super terrible thing... If you get a good lease deal on a car with great resale value, it could work out okay. But I agree for the most part. I would think most people don't do the buyout option anyways but they like knowing they have it.

Honestly, I think it's part of the sales pitch for somebody who's less keen on leasing and used to buying their cars.
I was a cunt hair away from leasing a brand new Civic Si just before getting my FiST. I signed all of the physical paperwork and all I had to do was sign the salesman's iPad that goes right to Honda, but I walked away... Why? Because the secondary salesmen that tries to sell you on all the extra shit, wheel insurance fabric protection, blah blah blah....their job is to instill fear in you so you get all of the extra added insurance stuff. But it was a big mistake to do that; he freaked me out; the thought of having something that I didn't own that if I got a scratch or a dent I would be responsible for. I'm a "buy a car" kind of guy. I'd rather own a POS outright, than "borrow" someone's fancy whatever...

I was actually offered a great deal on the lease because I wasn't really interested, lol. They were working me for a good hour and a half, and for some reason I just couldn't walk away, I was tempted at that very moment.

Anyways, leasing a vehicle isn't all that horrible, just depends on the car, the deal you get and ultimately, the needs of the individual leasing it.

Sorry for the run-on post [emoji15]

Good luck to the OP, I'm sorry it didn't work out. If it was me I would keep the FiST, but I admit it would be a hard decision; the coyote is a fantastic engine.

OP
bschoon55
Thread Starter #14
So far I've had 1 person inquire about it and I'm not really convinced they're going to go for it. I drive the car around and quickly remember the reason I got this car. It offers more smiles per mile than any other car out there. I still have it with me. I'm trying to explore ways to make about $150-200 more a month and then I could keep this thing around... which is what I want to do.

Although I could drive this car around easily and be an Uber/Lyft, I really am not a fan of putting strangers in it... I care about it and I don't want them to trash it. If anyone has any ideas let me know. I appreciate you all. It's a great community.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
So far I've had 1 person inquire about it and I'm not really convinced they're going to go for it. I drive the car around and quickly remember the reason I got this car. It offers more smiles per mile than any other car out there. I still have it with me. I'm trying to explore ways to make about $150-200 more a month and then I could keep this thing around... which is what I want to do.

Although I could drive this car around easily and be an Uber/Lyft, I really am not a fan of putting strangers in it... I care about it and I don't want them to trash it. If anyone has any ideas let me know. I appreciate you all. It's a great community.
Don’t waste your time with rideshare. If you run the numbers in extra insurance costs, depreciation, maintenance, and fuel costs (not to mention your time) you won’t be making more than $5 an hour. You need to factor in all expenses when figuring that stuff out.

If you are talking like this you need to ditch a car. Whether it be the fiesta or mustang I can’t say but it’s not worth the stress. I would see if you can buyout the car today and then sell it for $16k private party. You’ll be out $2k but you’ll be out of the debt and don’t need to stress over the monthly payment.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I would dump the Mustang. You bought the FiST because you like it and makes you smile more than any other car. In a nutshell that says it all. I would dump the Mustang and buy the lease out and be happy., The Mustang is just a GT and its not like there are no Mustang GT’s out there. In fact its easier to get one of those than it is to get a FiST now. FiST‘s are becoming rare. No more new ones in SoCal are left and very few across the country . If it was a GT350 I could see it but its just a GT. Lol
You can get a Mustang later on if you still want one. Nothing special going on there.

FiSTs don’t qualify to do Uber/Lyft anymore. I do it, but mine is grandfathered.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
FiSTs don’t qualify to do Uber/Lyft anymore. I do it, but mine is grandfathered.

Ya I could have got mine in under the deadline but never bothered because I still owned my Focus at the time and then decided I never wanted to drive rideshare again . Lol
I occasionally have twinges of desires to cherry pick surge at big concerts from time to time. Lol
Those days were insane. $100 to Long Beach from Pasedena after the Rosebowl, $64 to Hollywood from the Rosebowl after Taylor Swift .
$75 to Santa Monica from DTLA at bar close. $82 to Pasadena from DTLA at Bar close
did a lot of those best single ride though was $125 from DTLA to Huntington Beach on a Sunday night. Lol
Fun times but really sick of it overall.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
how come? Are they too small?
I am not sure about Uber but I know Lyft wanted to look good to customers after the IPO and one of the things they decided to do was cut out all sub compacts. FiST’s Fit’s, Mazda 2’s, regular Fiesta’s Prius C’s , all not eligible fact is most customers could give two fucks they just want a ride to get home.

Though Lyft tends to think they are special just like Uber thinks its better. Lol both companies suck ass and rideshare is a Ponzi scheeme con game being played out on the public as in riders and drivers. Riders either get stupid low fares which are unexplainable profit wise or they get jacked through the roof.

Meanwhile its the only job I ever did where the longer you worked it the less they paid you. Ya they figure out all kinds of ways to screw the drivers and then spend the lions Share on their salaries and advertising to get more riders and drivers . Lol scam if I have ever seen and the only way drivers ever made real money is if we gamed the system like card counters in Vegas. I.E. Cherry picking surge, declining rides, avoiding shared or pools. Etc...

Glad to not be doing it. It served its purpose and the biggest thing to remember is never consider doing it full time, If you do it will burn you out hard. I came in on the 5k bonus from Lyft and got it which led to full time driving for a minute not intended though,
Now? Its not even worth doing full time. It will just make you miserable IMO. Lol