Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2019 Fiesta ST Insurance Virginia

Guys,
Have a 2019 Fiesta ST and paying $ 719.00 a year full coverage living here in virginia. To me this seem high? Especially since I have a 2019 Edge ST that was twice as much and it is costing me $ 724.00 a year full coverage. Something doesn't add up here. What kinda of rates do others have and who is your insurance with?

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
I'd imagine insurance companies consider the fiesta st a sports car. That's be my guess on the added premium.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Wow that's cheap. I wish I was paying that little. Feel free to stop complaining. My insurance with a 40% safe driver (over 10 yrs driving accident free) discount is 2450/year. Yes that's canadian dollars, so 1840usd.
Insurance companies don't look only at what a car costs for insurance rates. The SUV is considered a safer vehicle in a collision and the typical driver is less likely to be driving enthusiastically.

OP
vmaxbaby
Thread Starter #4
Wow that's cheap. I wish I was paying that little. Feel free to stop complaining. My insurance with a 40% safe driver (over 10 yrs driving accident free) discount is 2450/year. Yes that's canadian dollars, so 1840usd.
Insurance companies don't look only at what a car costs for insurance rates. The SUV is considered a safer vehicle in a collision and the typical driver is less likely to be driving enthusiastically.
They haven't seen my drive it yet LOL thank you for the update..

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I pay $130 a month for three cars.

That's full coverage with a $250 deductible.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

That is ridiculous cheap. Any one of the 3 cars I insure cost more than that on their own.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
$1320.00 a year for just the FiST, perfectly clean driving/claims record, and a credit rating in the excellent range.
Progressive, and for identical coverage, they beat everyone else by at least $30.00/month.

But, I have minimal deductibles, and high limits on everything (i.e.; zero comprehensive deductible so that I can get a FACTORY OEM windshield replaced when the effing semi on the highway kicks up rocks, and chips and breaks it, no extra charge). [wink]

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
That's a great point so many people have the minimum coverage for everything.

My wife and I have more than minimum coverage I would say we are in the middle.
Of course every state is going to have different requirements for coverage. Some of the minimums are just too low if you hit a expensive car you're going to be in trouble.

Yep, seems pretty normal to me. Iā€™m not much over that for mine, and Iā€™m well above minimum coverage.

If you want to induce a heart attack, plug the VIN of any Audi from the last five years in to a quote.

Michigan is a No Fault state AND we have that mandated Catastrophic Injury Fund we have to support. BTW, that particular aspect is now an option that can be de-selected as of 7-31 but my renewal isn't for another month. With zero points and no collisions on my record I get to pay nearly 1800 bucks a year. About DOUBLE what the same coverage would cost me if I lived in Ohio. Note, back in the late 80's there was a push on by the insurance industry to put No Fault in place in Ohio but that got shot down in flames. Because we had the benefit of being surrounded by No Fault states and heard all the complaints about how promises of lower rates were nothing but lies. Now we have some reps in the state legislature to do away with No Fault and the insurance companies are hating that.

I also have Gieco, I pay $165 a month for 3 cars. So not far off from the poster above. Decent coverage levels too, not the minimum.
My FiST ends up being $595 a year.
Low mileage, only about 6,000 miles a year so that helps

haste

1000 Post Club

That's funny. Same exact here. Wife just looked and its $130.59/month. TWO Fiesta STs, full coverage, $250 deductible and an '02 Focus SVT with just liability.
Progressive here.