Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Intercooler upgrade without removing front fairing?

Is it possible to do an intercooler upgrade, without taking all the front plastics off?

Also, would you recommend an intercooler upgrade, to fight summer (100+F) heat soak?
I already feel the ST has less power when the temps reach 90F vs when 75F.

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Is it possible to do an intercooler upgrade, without taking all the front plastics off?

Also, would you recommend an intercooler upgrade, to fight summer (100+F) heat soak?
You need to remove the bumper to replace the intercooler because you need to pull it forward to get it out. If you're experiencing heat soak, then upgrading the intercooler is the cure; upgrading the radiator is also a good idea.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

Does a bear poop in the woods? Yes the front bumper comes off during install...very simple after you've done it a few times. I'll put money on it I can remove mine in under 10 mins.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

like others said it is scary the first time but really easy to do. and do yourself a favor get a big enough intercooler the first time. or repeat like I did after a turbo upgrade. just saying....

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
like others said it is scary the first time but really easy to do. and do yourself a favor get a big enough intercooler the first time. or repeat like I did after a turbo upgrade. just saying....
Ditto

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
M
Thread Starter #7
what I really wished, was that they would sell some large fin style aluminum heat sinks that can be connected to the intercooler's top and bottom, using thermal grease and some sort of large zip ties, to give the stock intercooler more cooling power, and so I don't have to remove anything. Just add on some aluminum.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
what I really wished, was that they would sell some large fin style aluminum heat sinks that can be connected to the intercooler's top and bottom, using thermal grease and some sort of large zip ties, to give the stock intercooler more cooling power, and so I don't have to remove anything. Just add on some aluminum.
This is by far one of the silliest things I have heard lately.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Removing the bumper isn't fun, but it isn't difficult either. Just do it!

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Your maximum boost temperatures will take longer to reach, but if you really want to combat high temperatures then meth injection is really the way to go.