Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Member 244 Rep Points Capri to ST's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    State
    NC
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Likes

Factory Direct Source- TD Pro Race 1.2's

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    There is currently no US distributor for these wheels. I got a set of four when there was one, and like them a lot. For those who are not that familiar with wheel options for our cars, the fairly rare 4 x 108 bolt pattern limits your choices considerably. I wanted to go with a stock 17 x 7 size, and as close to the stock offset of 47.5 as possible, and found this was basically my only choice, because you can specify a range of offsets in the TD wheels. I'm conservative with mods, and if I have a car that some smart engineers spent a lot of time thinking about, I don't lightly change what they did. I did however want to save some unsprung weight without paying a fortune for forged wheels, and these wheels save about 5 lb per corner, which is significant.

When I found out there was no USA distributor I got a bit concerned about what I would do in the event I bent one, although they do have a good reputation for durability. I wanted to buy a spare, and none of the previous US retailers who were selling out their stock had the spec that I wanted, so I looked at the website for the parent company, Rimstock, which is in England. Here's what they have listed under their US contact tab-

USA Sales:
    Rimstock Team Dynamics Sales
    t: +44 121 525 6500
    e: usasales@rimstock.com
    w: www.rimstock.com

I contacted that email, and eventually heard back from this person who apparently is handling US Direct sales.-
    jpugh@rimstock.com
    He said I could order direct from them, and that they hope to eventually have another US distributor, but there was no time schedule for that, so I have ordered one wheel from them to keep as a spare. It's probably overkill, but it will give me some peace of mind.
    Communication is prompt and efficient, if you're on the geological time scale. In other words, it's slow as crap. You send an email, a week passes, you send another one asking why you haven't heard from them and then they finally respond, so just a warning about that. I ordered it January 9th, and will supposedly find out soon that it has been produced and shipped to me.
    They also only accept payment by bank transfer, and my bank charges me $25 for an international wire, which is annoying.
    I believe the most recent US distributor was Forgeline. I talked to them and they said they quit selling the wheels because their dealings with Rimstock were getting frustrating. They thought the wheels were great, and never had had any problems with them. So, the process is kind of frustrating, but this is a way to get these really nice wheels if you want to go through it.
    Last edited by Capri to ST; 04-08-2019 at 08:38 AM.
    2016 KONA BLUE FIESTA ST
    MP 215, RECAROS, TD PRO RACE 1.2 WHEELS

1995 ACURA NSX-T

Senior Member 317 Rep Points
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    State
    WI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah it’s sad to see no one selling these as I bought like 3 sets for my fiestas. I would love to buy some 15x8s in the future :(

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Likes

Just an FYI, I ordered a set of pro race 1.2’s 17x7.5 from Forgeline yesterday. I don’t know what kind of stock they have left or if they’re still the US distributor. It took me close to 6 weeks to track these wheels down. I contacted Rimstock as well and received a response within 24hrs. They pointed me to Forgeline. I then called Forgeline directly, spoke with Derek, placed my order and they shipped yesterday. I’ve reached out to Forgeline to find out what type of inventory they have available and if they’re still the US distributor. I’ll update y’all with what I find out.

Member 244 Rep Points Capri to ST's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    State
    NC
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by epoch View Post
    Just an FYI, I ordered a set of pro race 1.2’s 17x7.5 from Forgeline yesterday. I don’t know what kind of stock they have left or if they’re still the US distributor. It took me close to 6 weeks to track these wheels down. I contacted Rimstock as well and received a response within 24hrs. They pointed me to Forgeline. I then called Forgeline directly, spoke with Derek, placed my order and they shipped yesterday. I’ve reached out to Forgeline to find out what type of inventory they have available and if they’re still the US distributor. I’ll update y’all with what I find out.
    Thanks for this information. When I talked to Forgeline a couple months ago, they didn't have the wheels in the spec I wanted, although they did have some inventory they were selling out. They also told me at that time that they were no longer the US distributor, and Rimstock had told me that they currently have no US distributor, so I'd be interested to see if you hear anything different.
    2016 KONA BLUE FIESTA ST
    MP 215, RECAROS, TD PRO RACE 1.2 WHEELS

1995 ACURA NSX-T