Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Factory Direct Source- TD Pro Race 1.2's

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
There is currently no US distributor for these wheels. I got a set of four when there was one, and like them a lot. For those who are not that familiar with wheel options for our cars, the fairly rare 4 x 108 bolt pattern limits your choices considerably. I wanted to go with a stock 17 x 7 size, and as close to the stock offset of 47.5 as possible, and found this was basically my only choice, because you can specify a range of offsets in the TD wheels. I'm conservative with mods, and if I have a car that some smart engineers spent a lot of time thinking about, I don't lightly change what they did. I did however want to save some unsprung weight without paying a fortune for forged wheels, and these wheels save about 5 lb per corner, which is significant.

When I found out there was no USA distributor I got a bit concerned about what I would do in the event I bent one, although they do have a good reputation for durability. I wanted to buy a spare, and none of the previous US retailers who were selling out their stock had the spec that I wanted, so I looked at the website for the parent company, Rimstock, which is in England. Here's what they have listed under their US contact tab-

USA Sales:
Rimstock Team Dynamics Sales
t: +44 121 525 6500
e: usasales@rimstock.com
w: www.rimstock.com

I contacted that email, and eventually heard back from this person who apparently is handling US Direct sales.-
jpugh@rimstock.com
He said I could order direct from them, and that they hope to eventually have another US distributor, but there was no time schedule for that, so I have ordered one wheel from them to keep as a spare. It's probably overkill, but it will give me some peace of mind.
Communication is prompt and efficient, if you're on the geological time scale. In other words, it's slow as crap. You send an email, a week passes, you send another one asking why you haven't heard from them and then they finally respond, so just a warning about that. I ordered it January 9th, and will supposedly find out soon that it has been produced and shipped to me.
They also only accept payment by bank transfer, and my bank charges me $25 for an international wire, which is annoying.
I believe the most recent US distributor was Forgeline. I talked to them and they said they quit selling the wheels because their dealings with Rimstock were getting frustrating. They thought the wheels were great, and never had had any problems with them. So, the process is kind of frustrating, but this is a way to get these really nice wheels if you want to go through it.

Last edited:

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Yeah it’s sad to see no one selling these as I bought like 3 sets for my fiestas. I would love to buy some 15x8s in the future :(

Just an FYI, I ordered a set of pro race 1.2’s 17x7.5 from Forgeline yesterday. I don’t know what kind of stock they have left or if they’re still the US distributor. It took me close to 6 weeks to track these wheels down. I contacted Rimstock as well and received a response within 24hrs. They pointed me to Forgeline. I then called Forgeline directly, spoke with Derek, placed my order and they shipped yesterday. I’ve reached out to Forgeline to find out what type of inventory they have available and if they’re still the US distributor. I’ll update y’all with what I find out.

OP
Capri to ST

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
Just an FYI, I ordered a set of pro race 1.2’s 17x7.5 from Forgeline yesterday. I don’t know what kind of stock they have left or if they’re still the US distributor. It took me close to 6 weeks to track these wheels down. I contacted Rimstock as well and received a response within 24hrs. They pointed me to Forgeline. I then called Forgeline directly, spoke with Derek, placed my order and they shipped yesterday. I’ve reached out to Forgeline to find out what type of inventory they have available and if they’re still the US distributor. I’ll update y’all with what I find out.
Thanks for this information. When I talked to Forgeline a couple months ago, they didn't have the wheels in the spec I wanted, although they did have some inventory they were selling out. They also told me at that time that they were no longer the US distributor, and Rimstock had told me that they currently have no US distributor, so I'd be interested to see if you hear anything different.

OP
Capri to ST

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
I got my wheel today. The process was slow, about three and a half months from order until shipment.
The shipping was incredibly fast, four days from England to here.The wheel was very carefully packed in protective plastic, a plastic rim protector, and two sturdy cardboard boxes. The shipper was DHL, and the outer box was immaculate, it didn't look like it had been sent anywhere.
The wheel cost less than I had paid per wheel in my previous order for 4, the shipping was considerably more since they only offer this air shipment option. The price was pretty good considering it's close to a custom wheel. It has our stock hub bore size, so you don't have to use hubcentric rings to install it, and you can specify offsets within a range from about 15 to 50.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Hmmm so I could get a set of 16x8 +35
I do not recall if you were on here or not at the time (it was even before my time on here by a couple of months), but Chalon @ Perfect Circle Motorsport, who used to be a site sponsor, and the semi-exclusive distributor for Team Dynamics/Rimstock in the states, had tried to get a big, requisite for this to happen, pre-order going for the Pro Race 1.2s in a 16x8 with our center bore, offsets, and PCD.

Sadly, he was unsuccessful in that endeavor. [:(]

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I do not recall if you were on here or not at the time (it was even before my time on here by a couple of months), but Chalon @ Perfect Circle Motorsport, who used to be a site sponsor, and the semi-exclusive distributor for Team Dynamics/Rimstock in the states, had tried to get a big, requisite for this to happen, pre-order going for the Pro Race 1.2s in a 16x8 with our center bore, offsets, and PCD.

Sadly, he was unsuccessful in that endeavor. [:(]
Ya I know one can wish though lol.