Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Oil on coil packs

DEss

I found a little oil on each ignition coil pack when changing my spark plugs this weekend. Anybody else experience this?

Thanks,
DEss

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Did you remove your valve cover at any point? In addition to the outer gasket, there are gaskets for each spark plug hole. When these gaskets aren't sealed properly, you'll get oil on the coil packs. This happened to my Acura when the dealer did a valve adjustment -- I was totally pissed when I changed my plugs a few months later, coil packs covered in oil.

OP
DEss

DEss

Thread Starter #3
Did you remove your valve cover at any point? In addition to the outer gasket, there are gaskets for each spark plug hole. When these gaskets aren't sealed properly, you'll get oil on the coil packs. This happened to my Acura when the dealer did a valve adjustment -- I was totally pissed when I changed my plugs a few months later, coil packs covered in oil.
The valve cover was never removed. The coil packs aren't covered in oil, maybe a couple drops on each one. Guess I'll have to bring it in for them to check.