Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

For those changing the cabin filter on a Fiesta ST...I salute you

2 weeks ago I changed the cabin filter on my Fiesta ST. Saw the location and a video in Youtube. Did not have a Torx little wrench and the placement of those screws!!!! Yikes!!!1 hour in the florida sun.later.....i bought the torx keys to take those screws off..the video in you tube had missing steps and the placement to get them loose...A pain....Alas..is done....Just wanted to share my experience. Had anyone done it here???

Regards.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Almost everyone has here at one point in time there Buddy! welcome to the club! Its a real Gem! [wrenchin]

OP
L
Thread Starter #3
Sure was man!!!! Lol.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm getting ready to do mine again! Yay!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

KKaWing

Nice, rest up your poor twisted back... you'll need it for the blend door next [hah] (I still need to do mine)

DBLE

So, did you end up finding a better video? I need to do mine soon and could use a guide... I THINK I have all the tools.
One tool you will need is a ray gun to shrink yourself so your arm will be able to snake through the dash to get to the bolts. [:(!] I still have literal scars on my right wrist after it got all scraped up. I did go onto Amazon after and buy a slim ratchet screwdriver with torx bits. I won't know if it will truly make the job easier the next time, but I feel like it will now that I know the process.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
One tool you will need is a ray gun to shrink yourself so your arm will be able to snake through the dash to get to the bolts. [:(!] I still have literal scars on my right wrist after it got all scraped up. I did go onto Amazon after and buy a slim ratchet screwdriver with torx bits. I won't know if it will truly make the job easier the next time, but I feel like it will now that I know the process.
Good to know, this may be the ONE thing I have the dealer or Goofy Lube do for me, hehe...

Spork1569

Never have I curse so much as when I was installing that filter lol. Same when I was installing interior LED's and accidently dismantled the glove box rig while changing it out.

What I expected to be a 15 minute job turned into an hour and a sore back the next day.

Still love the car but some of these design quirks surprise me at times.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Wow it's really that bad? I must've been spoiled, I've never owned a car that took more than 5 minutes to swap the filter.

[not counting cars where I didn't bother doing it, have flipped a bunch of cars I never had long enough to swap the filter].

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
My Wife's Mazda uses two filters that stack on top of each other that's a pain. You have to get the top one in first it has a groove that it slides into, and then the bottom one slides into the top filter.
my mom's Hyundai sonata is the easiest one I've ever seen. All you have to do is drop the glove box 2 clips pull out the filter install done.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
L
Thread Starter #15
It is a pain in the ass.....the most difficult I have ever seen.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
...and this is why that my 20k dealer service is only the cabin filter and a brake inspection, coming from a guy who pretty much does all his own work and maintenance, LOL.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
It wasnt bad with the right tool setup and pulling the glove box completely. I put an auto parts store unit in. Apparently the stp replacement also fits a new charger, lol.

It's not that bad, get a set of 1/4" drive torx sockets for the access door, makes it way easier