Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Ford Fiesta ST Performance Edition - only 600 being made and UK exclusive

Why couldn't we have got the 2 door option here? It is not like anyone can sit in the back anyways.
My past Mustang rule was that rear seat passengers are only allowed to complain about their accommodations if they spend more than twenty four hours a week sitting back there. Coupe and 3 door hatchback styles are really for two people. I would have chosen a 3door if it was offered. But , I removed the rear seat and fabricated a very light and strong load floor frame covered in automotive carpet. So, all the whiners can just go with someone else now!

Jerickson88

Why couldn't we have got the 2 door option here? It is not like anyone can sit in the back anyways.
My kiddos do/did. We rolled 5 deep on a 4 hour trip! I discontinued use of this car for family because it was getting stuffy for real, and I was afraid they were just gonna tear it up. I'm keeping the seats in the event that I do need to drive the car on daily or emergency daily basis.

It does just fine for a pair of kids on short rides, even long ones. Just not enough storage, and I'm not doing a roof rack.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
My kiddos do/did. We rolled 5 deep on a 4 hour trip! I discontinued use of this car for family because it was getting stuffy for real, and I was afraid they were just gonna tear it up. I'm keeping the seats in the event that I do need to drive the car on daily or emergency daily basis.

It does just fine for a pair of kids on short rides, even long ones. Just not enough storage, and I'm not doing a roof rack.
I did a Rocket box with a Thule rack down to Keywest FL from Mpls MN..with Uno Kiddo..not too bad. Got 32.5mpgs when I kept it under 75MPH. It didnt look too bad.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Jerickson88

I did a Rocket box with a Thule rack down to Keywest FL from Mpls MN..with Uno Kiddo..not too bad. Got 32.5mpgs when I kept it under 75MPH. It didnt look too bad.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
We were talking about taking it to Orlando this fall for Disney, so I could see doing this, but could just as easily do it to my wife's 16 Civic Ex. I like that little car. Needs some 18's and flaps lol

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
My kids have sat in back of my fiestas for last 5 years with no issues. You sound like a typical suv buyer.......
Yes, the car's practicality is phenomenal, but WHY could they have not offered BOTH 2 door AND four door options here, like currently in Europe/R.O.W.? [???:)]

I don't care either way about the usability of the back seat (mine is removed, along with all of the belts/trim/covers), I just like the way the 2 door versions LOOK, aesthetically (much more 'sporting'), over the 4 doors, but I was also never a fan of the looks of the 4 door 'rally cars' (Evo/STI) either. [wink]

Jerickson88

Yes, the car's practicality is phenomenal, but WHY could they have not offered BOTH 2 door AND four door options here, like currently in Europe/R.O.W.? [???:)]

I don't care either way about the usability of the back seat (mine is removed, along with all of the belts/trim/covers), I just like the way the 2 door versions LOOK, aesthetically (much more 'sporting'), over the 4 doors, but I was also never a fan of the looks of the 4 door 'rally cars' (Evo/STI) either. [wink]
So basically Ford made 6 trim levels of the Fusion with 9 different motors and 3 drivetrain options, 7 different wheel and tire packages (totally facisious, kind of) and that's why the sedan market failed. Too many options, but yet wouldn't offer a 2 door Fiesta.

I loved my SVTF ZX3, and hated the ZX5 variants and still do, but I prefer my 5 door, and that's with or without kids every day. Weird, I know.

The big advantage of a Fist 3 door is the approximate 130 lbs that is shaved off the curb weight. Think of the things we have done, and the money many of us have spent, just to lose 60 pounds here or 20 pounds there!
Even if a U.S. version 3 door had only lost 100 pounds of curb weight, that would have made me practically orgasmic with joy.

Ford Community Posts