Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points
    State
    MI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stupidbutt View Post
    Why couldn't we have got the 2 door option here? It is not like anyone can sit in the back anyways.
    My past Mustang rule was that rear seat passengers are only allowed to complain about their accommodations if they spend more than twenty four hours a week sitting back there. Coupe and 3 door hatchback styles are really for two people. I would have chosen a 3door if it was offered. But , I removed the rear seat and fabricated a very light and strong load floor frame covered in automotive carpet. So, all the whiners can just go with someone else now!

Member 127 Rep Points
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points
    State
    AL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stupidbutt View Post
    Why couldn't we have got the 2 door option here? It is not like anyone can sit in the back anyways.
    My kiddos do/did. We rolled 5 deep on a 4 hour trip! I discontinued use of this car for family because it was getting stuffy for real, and I was afraid they were just gonna tear it up. I'm keeping the seats in the event that I do need to drive the car on daily or emergency daily basis.

It does just fine for a pair of kids on short rides, even long ones. Just not enough storage, and I'm not doing a roof rack.
    2016 Shadow Black Fiesta ST
    Pollen magnet

Senior Member 1237 Rep Points TyphoonFiST's Avatar

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 2000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 300 Rep Points Earned First 2000 Posts and 400 Rep Points
    State
    MN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Jerickson88 View Post
    My kiddos do/did. We rolled 5 deep on a 4 hour trip! I discontinued use of this car for family because it was getting stuffy for real, and I was afraid they were just gonna tear it up. I'm keeping the seats in the event that I do need to drive the car on daily or emergency daily basis.

It does just fine for a pair of kids on short rides, even long ones. Just not enough storage, and I'm not doing a roof rack.
    I did a Rocket box with a Thule rack down to Keywest FL from Mpls MN..with Uno Kiddo..not too bad. Got 32.5mpgs when I kept it under 75MPH. It didnt look too bad.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    Is this your bush? Are you king of the forest?

Member 127 Rep Points

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points
    State
    AL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TyphoonFiST View Post
    I did a Rocket box with a Thule rack down to Keywest FL from Mpls MN..with Uno Kiddo..not too bad. Got 32.5mpgs when I kept it under 75MPH. It didnt look too bad.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    We were talking about taking it to Orlando this fall for Disney, so I could see doing this, but could just as easily do it to my wife's 16 Civic Ex. I like that little car. Needs some 18's and flaps lol
    Pollen magnet

Senior Member 1325 Rep Points M-Sport fan's Avatar

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 2000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 300 Rep Points Earned First 2000 Posts and 400 Rep Points Earned First 5000 Posts and 500 Rep Points
    State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Plainrt View Post
    My kids have sat in back of my fiestas for last 5 years with no issues. You sound like a typical suv buyer.......
    Yes, the car's practicality is phenomenal, but WHY could they have not offered BOTH 2 door AND four door options here, like currently in Europe/R.O.W.?

I don't care either way about the usability of the back seat (mine is removed, along with all of the belts/trim/covers), I just like the way the 2 door versions LOOK, aesthetically (much more 'sporting'), over the 4 doors, but I was also never a fan of the looks of the 4 door 'rally cars' (Evo/STI) either.
    Magnetic 2016 Fiesta ST base model

Member 127 Rep Points

Member #
    Medals
    State
    AL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by M-Sport fan View Post
    Yes, the car's practicality is phenomenal, but WHY could they have not offered BOTH 2 door AND four door options here, like currently in Europe/R.O.W.?

I don't care either way about the usability of the back seat (mine is removed, along with all of the belts/trim/covers), I just like the way the 2 door versions LOOK, aesthetically (much more 'sporting'), over the 4 doors, but I was also never a fan of the looks of the 4 door 'rally cars' (Evo/STI) either.
    So basically Ford made 6 trim levels of the Fusion with 9 different motors and 3 drivetrain options, 7 different wheel and tire packages (totally facisious, kind of) and that's why the sedan market failed. Too many options, but yet wouldn't offer a 2 door Fiesta.

I loved my SVTF ZX3, and hated the ZX5 variants and still do, but I prefer my 5 door, and that's with or without kids every day. Weird, I know.
    Pollen magnet

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points
    State
    MI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    [QUOTE=M-Sport fan;345259]Yes, the car's practicality is phenomenal, but WHY could they have not offered BOTH 2 door AND four door options here, like currently in Europe/R.O.W.?

The big advantage of a Fist 3 door is the approximate 130 lbs that is shaved off the curb weight. Think of the things we have done, and the money many of us have spent, just to lose 60 pounds here or 20 pounds there!
    Even if a U.S. version 3 door had only lost 100 pounds of curb weight, that would have made me practically orgasmic with joy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123