Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST rear caliper vs 2012 Focus Rear caliper

Jerickson88

Last edited:

SST

oh, i wish we can fit the 2-piston 2011-2014 Mustang GT caliper + 13" rotors in our car, maybe Massive can make us an adaptor?

OP
Jerickson88

Jerickson88

Thread Starter #3
oh, i wish we can fit the 2-piston 2011-2014 Mustang GT caliper + 13" rotors in our car, maybe Massive can make us an adaptor?
The way the owner explained it to me is if someone is in the Chicago area and is willing to leave cars for 2-3 days for measurements, he would like to market a product for the Fiesta community

PunkST

2000 Post Club
I know of karl. I ran the 2012 rear kit and his upper camber arms on my old zx3. He's a good guy. Ive actually bought a lot from him for that old car.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
On the rear? That's too heavy and would need some sort of balance adjustment. I'd be happy with a non-slider aluminum caliper from somewhere. Most of the street calipers are sliders. The racy-er calipers don't have support for parking brakes. Even the Wilwood rear BBK, which does have meh support for a parking brake, is a single-piston slider (and expensive).

My ideal rear setup is a fixed aluminum caliper with parking brake support from something that is popular enough that I can buy 2-piece rotors. Porsche 986? Even better would be an adaptor kit that would allow me to swap knuckles from right to left to place the caliper inside the wheel base..., cuz RACECAR!

SST

no, if you read the link, the mustang is for the front on that focus

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
no, if you read the link, the mustang is for the front on that focus
Ah, the title was re. rear upgrades. That's a big-ass, cast iron, custom machined rotor for the front of our little cars. Ron@Whoosh is working on a more reasonable 986 transplant for the front. The single best improvement to the ride of my FiST was taking 11# off of each front corner with the Wilwood BBK and another 1# by removing the NVH weight (and, then, another 9# with lighter wheels and aluminum lugs). The last thing I'd want to do is increase unsprung weight.

Re. the article and the rear of the FiST, we can already run the Focus SVT rear brackets and rotors. You won't get quite the braking power of a full SVT rear setup due to the smaller pads, but it's close and restored balance after adding the Wilwood kit.

OP
Jerickson88

Jerickson88

Thread Starter #8
I agree about the SVT rear brackets, but they are hard to find. I'm wondering if this kit will be a substitute for that, if I or someone is willing to test to see if it will fit.

super6

If you check Rock Auto or similar, you can easily find unloaded rear SVT calipers which include the needed brackets. For what some are charging for the brackets (take-offs), you can buy rebuilt calipers and brackets. I built a quick 2007 Focus, which I still have though less radical now, and have lots of parts. If I have a set, I'll post them...cheap.

Ray

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I Found brackets in Oklahoma off an 03 Focus svt....bought them and most likely will powder cat them Red...I may use them or I may not. May be up for sale sometime in the near future if I don't!

I Found brackets in Oklahoma off an 03 Focus svt....bought them and most likely will powder cat them Red...I may use them or I may not. May be up for sale sometime in the near future if I don't!
Wilwood bbk with rear calipers and rotors? You’re already at 2k with the Apollos so why not spend an extra $500 and have a complete bbk?