Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Alignment for track and autox

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Is there any benefit to spacers? 5mm or 10mm, give it a wider track?

I'm talking about the hub centric ones and studs from h&r. I'm happy with the stock wheels at the moment, and wasnt sure if anything could be gained from this as well. I'm talking 10mm spacers all 4 corners

I dont have wheels in the budget for a while.

Coilovers, fmic, rmm, ap3 on the list right now.
Not really. A wider track will increase weight transfer but you’re much better off spending the money on camber bolts or a used 2 point front brace or torsion bar stiffener.

OP
Jerickson88

Jerickson88

Thread Starter #22
I'll skip them then. Thanks again! I'll put the same into some pierce bracing.

A wider track will increase weight transfer but you’re much better off spending the money on camber bolts or a used 2 point front brace or torsion bar stiffener.
A wider track will actually DECREASE weight transfer and help to maximize lateral load before exceeding the tires grip. However on a stock FiST I’d say that these things will be in the noise and would not really be noticeable.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
I noticed 5mm out back for spacer and none up front made the car less tail happy. Which kinda sucks the fun out of autocrossing it, lol.

Bumping an old thread but...

Just out of curiosity, can someone share what the stock alignment specs are? I just picked up a '19 FiST and have a track day scheduled for October then nothing until late next spring. I'm wondering if I should get it aligned to get that -1.5 degree of camber or if I can get away with leaving it with the stock alignment until next spring? I mainly want to be sure I don't completely trash the outsides of the front tires with one track day.

Note: the suspension will stay 100% stock and in all honestly, I don't expect to push the car all that hard on my first day.

Bumping an old thread but...

Just out of curiosity, can someone share what the stock alignment specs are? I just picked up a '19 FiST and have a track day scheduled for October then nothing until late next spring. I'm wondering if I should get it aligned to get that -1.5 degree of camber or if I can get away with leaving it with the stock alignment until next spring? I mainly want to be sure I don't completely trash the outsides of the front tires with one track day.

Note: the suspension will stay 100% stock and in all honestly, I don't expect to push the car all that hard on my first day.
Honestly I love how ford set up the suspension stock and I've been to four track days now with full stock suspension and have felt no need to change anything about it. The thing you want to worry about is acceleration out of corners, with an open diff this car will light up the tires pretty easily. Also, if you haven't done so make sure you swap your brake fluid for something that can handle more heat I use motul rbf600.

Honestly I love how ford set up the suspension stock and I've been to four track days now with full stock suspension and have felt no need to change anything about it. The thing you want to worry about is acceleration out of corners, with an open diff this car will light up the tires pretty easily. Also, if you haven't done so make sure you swap your brake fluid for something that can handle more heat I use motul rbf600.
Thanks @zeddzik. Are you saying you kept your alignment at the stock settings for track days? And now that mentioned brake fluid, are pads necessary?

Thanks @zeddzik. Are you saying you kept your alignment at the stock settings for track days? And now that mentioned brake fluid, are pads necessary?
Yeah alignment was all stock and what came from the factory, but depending on what pads came with your car they will be necessary. If your car came with the pilot sport all seasons u will definitely need to swap the all season pads out, I went through a full front set of pads and rotors on my first track day because of them. But if you don't have the all seasons or you can see an s on the back of the pads when u look through the caliper, u should be good to go.

If you need some track only pads I definitely recommend carbotec xp8 pads, they've held up to lots of abuse and they bite like crazy! Just watch the temps and back off when you feel a lot of fade because on some tracks you can still get the brakes cooking because of the lack of any kind of cooling our brakes have stock.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Yeah alignment was all stock and what came from the factory, but depending on what pads came with your car they will be necessary. If your car came with the pilot sport all seasons u will definitely need to swap the all season pads out, I went through a full front set of pads and rotors on my first track day because of them. But if you don't have the all seasons or you can see an s on the back of the pads when u look through the caliper, u should be good to go.

If you need some track only pads I definitely recommend carbotec xp8 pads, they've held up to lots of abuse and they bite like crazy! Just watch the temps and back off when you feel a lot of fade because on some tracks you can still get the brakes cooking because of the lack of any kind of cooling our brakes have stock.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Yep, I've got the all season tires so I guess I'll be doing pads as well. I was expecting that so it's not a big deal and I feel better about running track-specific pads anyways. Easy enough to do while flushing the fluid. Thanks again for the info.

Ford Community Posts