Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dash information center going haywire

Okay, so it's driving me crazy in a very unhealthy way. When I start my car, the odometer reading displays as it should. However, if I move or push on the steering wheel, or drive the car, it will cycle through all the info (MPG, AVG Speed, etc.) Seemingly at random. It will also reset all the values that can be reset. Neither the turn signal arm or the button on the cluster itself seems to have any effect when pushed.
This is on a 2016 model.
Anyone experienced this before?
Any thoughts?

OP
Z
Thread Starter #3
I had similar symptoms in a prior car when the alternator was dying. I'd have the alternator checked as a first step.
Thank you very much. I would have never considered the charging system. I had badly corroded positive terminal on the battery. Cleaned it up and took it out for a quick test drive. Looks like you may have saved me a trip to the dealership, a place I like to avoid like they are giving out bed bugs.

UPDATE: For anyone visiting this thread from the future that may be having the same problem. I have found the positive battery post to be damaged and causing a fluid leak around it. This is the source of my corrosion. Since cleaning/tightening the terminal/post I have put about 40 miles on the odometer with no return of the problem.

I could not be happier that this was such a simple fix.

I will be getting a new battery today.

This is why I join enthusiast forums!

Last edited: