Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Clutch Fluid Flush procedure

b003k

Planning to flush the brake fluid and knowing the clutch system uses a secondary reservoir that pulls from the brake master cylinder reservoir, I was hoping someone could provide insight on how to flush the clutch fluid.
I know there's a bleed nipple near the transmission?

I basically need clarification on the procedure to flush it. For example, do I top the master reservoir and then open the clutch bleed?
Or do I top up the secondary reservoir and then open the clutch bleed?

Also should i flush clutch first then brakes? or brakes then clutch?

Quisp

1000 Post Club
The bleeder for the clutch has a plastic lever you open to let out fluid. I did the brakes first, but I don't see any advantages to either sequence.

Thanks, I'll have a gander.

Edit - Found it - airbox only it seems. Great! Thanks!

Last edited:

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Planning to flush the brake fluid and knowing the clutch system uses a secondary reservoir that pulls from the brake master cylinder reservoir, I was hoping someone could provide insight on how to flush the clutch fluid.
I know there's a bleed nipple near the transmission?

I basically need clarification on the procedure to flush it. For example, do I top the master reservoir and then open the clutch bleed?
Or do I top up the secondary reservoir and then open the clutch bleed?

Also should i flush clutch first then brakes? or brakes then clutch?
I second this request