Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Thread: Octane adjust Ratio
1 Likes

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Octane adjust Ratio

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hey guys,
    I have been running 93 octane with a 91 OTS tune from Cobb. I did this because I was worried that the 93 octane might not REALLY be 93 octane if you know what I mean. I figured I would err on the side of caution to be safe. For the heck of it, I re-tuned to 93 yesterday and after about 20 mins of driving the OAR gauge on the accessport went from -.74 to -1.00 (right where it should be). Do you guys think that this means it is safe to leave it like it is? Do you think the OAR gauge is a good way to make sure my octane or gas quality is sufficient for the 93 tune? Hope this is not a dumb question but maybe I am overly paranoid about this....Thank you!!

Member 127 Rep Points
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points
    State
    AL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Geebs View Post
    Hey guys,
    I have been running 93 octane with a 91 OTS tune from Cobb. I did this because I was worried that the 93 octane might not REALLY be 93 octane if you know what I mean. I figured I would err on the side of caution to be safe. For the heck of it, I re-tuned to 93 yesterday and after about 20 mins of driving the OAR gauge on the accessport went from -.74 to -1.00 (right where it should be). Do you guys think that this means it is safe to leave it like it is? Do you think the OAR gauge is a good way to make sure my octane or gas quality is sufficient for the 93 tune? Hope this is not a dumb question but maybe I am overly paranoid about this....Thank you!!
    I accidentally filled with 87 on a 93 tune, the OAR was severely diminished. I finished out the tank on the 93 time. Zero issues. If I'm not mistaken, the AP3 and car compensates for this.
    2016 Shadow Black Fiesta ST
    Pollen magnet

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    State
    IN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This far east, you can count on 93 to be 93. You can't even find 91 where I live. Just go with a reputable top tier brand, and if the car seems to like it, keep using it.

I've driven mine on 91 out west, and 93 around here with my OTS tune, and it's a little punchier with the 93, for sure.
    2017 Magnetic, everything but the Recaros. MP 215, mountune shift kit and shift knob, Husky floor liners. That's all I'm doing, I swear!.. OK, I lied. Also added an intake hose and symposer delete. But that really is all, I swear this time! Okay. just one other thing: A mountune RMM. Now I really am done, I promise!

Member 127 Rep Points

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points
    State
    AL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    If remember correctly, one of the tech guys at Cobb told me that's the purpose of the OAR. To make adjustments for inaccuracy of octane and to keep your car safe. Aka fill up with 87 by mistake on a 93 tune and not be on the same timing curve and grenade your motor, kind of like a limp mode. It was a turd for sure. This was also in reference to e30 maps. Basically run e30 on 93 map until you're sure that you are at the e30, switch slots. Then if you fill with 93 afterwards, switch to 93 slot, as the e30 wont effect a 93 map.
    2016 Shadow Black Fiesta ST
    Pollen magnet