Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stratified aux fuel AN fitting

V_2

I bought a used Stratified Xtra fuel system and the AN fitting that connects the injector top hat spacer and braided fuel line seems to have a very slight leak. Not being keen on fuel ending up anywhere in my engine bay that isn't a combustion chamber, I'm looking to replace this.

The installation instructions imply both ends are 6AN, but there were a couple areas I noticed aren't 100% correct in the documentation. I'm looking for confirmation that something like Aeromotive part 15689 is what I need to purchase.

https://www.jegs.com/i/Aeromotive/027/15689/10002/-1

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I bought a used Stratified Xtra fuel system and the AN fitting that connects the injector top hat spacer and braided fuel line seems to have a very slight leak. Not being keen on fuel ending up anywhere in my engine bay that isn't a combustion chamber, I'm looking to replace this.

The installation instructions imply both ends are 6AN, but there were a couple areas I noticed aren't 100% correct in the documentation. I'm looking for confirmation that something like Aeromotive part 15689 is what I need to purchase.

https://www.jegs.com/i/Aeromotive/027/15689/10002/-1
Did you try to contact the infamous Stratified? I know I have and the phone just keeps ringing and ringing.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
V_2

V_2

Thread Starter #3
Called and emailed. I've heard mixed reviews of Stratified support, so I figured I would poke the community for help.

koozy

3000 Post Club
I never used the plumbing that came with the kit.

The fitting you linked isn’t the same, the fitting is actually attached the hose I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
V_2

V_2

Thread Starter #5
I never used the plumbing that came with the kit.

The fitting you linked isn’t the same, the fitting is actually attached the hose I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hmm... you don't think the hose has a female coupling that the linked fitting threads into? It looks very similar otherwise.

Suppose I will pull it apart to verify if I don't hear back from Stratified soon.

koozy

3000 Post Club
I did away with their plumbing altogether including their fuel tap. I found the hose way too long with unnecessary awkward fitting bends for my '14. Maybe they made their choice on fittings and hose length to cover '16MY + which have a different fuel tap location; and made a one kit fits all years.

OP
V_2

V_2

Thread Starter #10
I'm not super pleased with how long that line is either. I just have the slack running back toward the firewall to make things look tidy up front. Maybe it is the same length as the FoST kit so they can better scale production?

I'll probably trim the hose for better fitment since I'll be replacing the fitting.

koozy

3000 Post Club
I'm not super pleased with how long that line is either. I just have the slack running back toward the firewall to make things look tidy up front. Maybe it is the same length as the FoST kit so they can better scale production?

I'll probably trim the hose for better fitment since I'll be replacing the fitting.
Good call, since you will be taking apart the fitting it's a good time to cut the hose length you see better suited.

I called Strat back in the day about their hose/fitting choice and their response was bewilderment and that they never heard anyone call/email about it. I sent them a picture of my finished line that I posted above and never heard back, LOL.

koozy

3000 Post Club
[MENTION=3967]V_2[/MENTION] since your getting a new fitting, are you considering getting a straight fitting instead of a 90 degree? IIRC, one reason I went straight is to get the hose away from the fan and any potential of contact if in a front end collision. With the 90 I found the hose more in the vicinity of the fan than with a straight fitting and better fuel flow characteristics going straight.

OP
V_2

V_2

Thread Starter #13
[MENTION=3967]V_2[/MENTION] since your getting a new fitting, are you considering getting a straight fitting instead of a 90 degree? IIRC, one reason I went straight is to get the hose away from the fan and any potential of contact if in a front end collision. With the 90 I found the hose more in the vicinity of the fan than with a straight fitting.
Thanks for the heads up...I'll see how clearance would be affected with a straight vs elbow connector. The elbow does a pretty good job avoiding the fan in my bay without a symposer or stock airbox to worry about. However, I'm sure a straight fitting will be a lot cheaper.