Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Member 1189 Rep Points koozy's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 2000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 300 Rep Points Earned First 2000 Posts and 400 Rep Points
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by V_2 View Post
    I'm not super pleased with how long that line is either. I just have the slack running back toward the firewall to make things look tidy up front. Maybe it is the same length as the FoST kit so they can better scale production?

I'll probably trim the hose for better fitment since I'll be replacing the fitting.
    Good call, since you will be taking apart the fitting it's a good time to cut the hose length you see better suited.

I called Strat back in the day about their hose/fitting choice and their response was bewilderment and that they never heard anyone call/email about it. I sent them a picture of my finished line that I posted above and never heard back, LOL.

Senior Member 1189 Rep Points koozy's Avatar

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 2000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 300 Rep Points Earned First 2000 Posts and 400 Rep Points
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@V_2 since your getting a new fitting, are you considering getting a straight fitting instead of a 90 degree? IIRC, one reason I went straight is to get the hose away from the fan and any potential of contact if in a front end collision. With the 90 I found the hose more in the vicinity of the fan than with a straight fitting and better fuel flow characteristics going straight.

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points
    State
    TN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by koozy View Post
    @V_2 since your getting a new fitting, are you considering getting a straight fitting instead of a 90 degree? IIRC, one reason I went straight is to get the hose away from the fan and any potential of contact if in a front end collision. With the 90 I found the hose more in the vicinity of the fan than with a straight fitting.
    Thanks for the heads up...I'll see how clearance would be affected with a straight vs elbow connector. The elbow does a pretty good job avoiding the fan in my bay without a symposer or stock airbox to worry about. However, I'm sure a straight fitting will be a lot cheaper.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12