Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba Racing Fiesta ST BOV adapter

Trader history for Boomba Racing (0)

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #81
Just got mine in the mail. Fast shipping. Very impressed. Now, I'm a very crappy mechanic, Ive read that this is very easy to do, so i thought I'd give it a go. A few questions.

1. Do I access it from above or underneath the car?

2. An Allen key and socket wrench is all that's needed?

Thanks
Thank you for the quick response! we are also going to be uploading a official installation manual to our website and it will be included in every new purchase of the adapter :)

Thank you for the quick response! we are also going to be uploading a official installation manual to our website and it will be included in every new purchase of the adapter :)
That would be very beneficial, I'm mechanically stupid, so a step by step or video tutorial is right up my alley. If you wouldn't mind posting here when the manual is completed, I'd really appreciate it.

I won't have time to install today, gotta visit the in laws, but I should have it installed by end of week, and I plan to upload a video, may even do a comparison stock vs BOV.

Thanks

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #83
Not a problem at all, we appreciate the support and anyone who has any questions please, don't hesitate to ask!

Because I just did this I can share some insight. You get access through the passenger side from underneath. Remove passenger side wheel. Only tool you need is a 5mm hex head bit. Make sure you have plenty of extensions and wobble sockets. Haha
Thanks for the quick response. I didn't get a chance to work on it yesterday, should have it done by end of week. Your tips will make my life much easier.

LT Berzerker

Please do! We'll show ya around! We can rev up the shop car so you can hear for yourself! We're here till 5:30pm mon-thurs, and till 3:30pm on fridays!
Ahhh, that's why no one answered when I called Friday ;)

Hmm might have to cancel some OT on Thursday or possibly take a sick day in the near future :rolleyes:

SICKESSS-ST

Because I have been asked more than once now.
Here are the tools I used for this install.
In addition another FiST owner came here to install his adaptor and used the same tools.

These can be purchased at most auto parts stores.

Dave

That someone would be me! Like Dave said, not too difficult, only a little hot because I drove the car and didn't let it cool down. Dave was great with his advice, and the piece looks very solid, good quality work made in the US.

The sound is just addicting, IMO, it turns heads everywhere I drive, lol.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
When I first got my bpv adapter, lol I almost took it off after a week. The more I drive the car the more I want to keep it on. It is loud and at first it take a little bit to get used to, lol. Very well made and for those that care...I have been dataloging quite a bit lately and have found no adverse issues caused by the adapter.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Also, the way I installed it was to use a small 1/4" drive ratchet, a 2-3" extension and a #5 Allen key bit. When I jacked the car up, I turned the front wheels to the left to give me head room. May have taken 10 minutes including jacking the car up and putting it on Jack stands.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Lol, with my many years of doing things the hard way, I tend to look for the easiest way now.not the easy way out, but the easiest way to get it done right.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #93
When I first got my bpv adapter, lol I almost took it off after a week. The more I drive the car the more I want to keep it on. It is loud and at first it take a little bit to get used to, lol. Very well made and for those that care...I have been dataloging quite a bit lately and have found no adverse issues caused by the adapter.
Great to hear! Thanks for the update!

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #94
We've got all colors in stock and ready to ship out! All of our BOV adapters are precision CNC machined out of high quality billet aluminum!

Finally installed this beautiful BOV on Saturday night. My god is it loud, I love it. My neighbours are going to hate me, I give it a week, before it starts to annoy them.

I giggle like a little girl every time it goes off.

Thanks Boomba!!

I'll upload a video shortly.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #97
Finally installed this beautiful BOV on Saturday night. My god is it loud, I love it. My neighbours are going to hate me, I give it a week, before it starts to annoy them.

I giggle like a little girl every time it goes off.

Thanks Boomba!!

I'll upload a video shortly.
2014 Fiesta ST - Boomba Blow-off Valve sound: http://youtu.be/ORsQVghQvVo

Here's the video!
Cool video! Thank you for sharing and thanks for choosing Boomba! Glad you're enjoying it!! Mind if we add the vid to the OP and share on our website?

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #99
Plenty in stock and ready to ship! If anyone has any video of of their installed, post em up and lets hear that sweet sweet sound!

just placed my order for one of these. looking forward to it. hopefully the install isn't too bad. I'm a noob.