Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba Racing Fiesta ST BOV adapter

Trader history for Boomba Racing (0)

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Boomba Racing Inc is proud to announce our new billet aluminum blow-off valve adaptor for the 2014+ Ford Fiesta ST

This high performance adapter mounts between the OEM bypass valve/solenoid and the stock turbo, causing the unused charge air to vent to atmosphere (VTA) giving off the well known, but distinct sound that all turbo owners know and love! The adapter bolts right in with the included longer bolts, no other modifications or tuning are required. Precision CNC machined out of high quality aircraft grade billet aluminum and available in 4 different colors

Installation is simple and all mounting hardware are included.

Only for use with the Ford Fiesta ST 1.6L Turbo engine.

MSRP: $65.00

Ford Fiesta ST BOV adapter

[video=youtube;InwriOx46aI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InwriOx46aI[/video]

[video=youtube_share;BlbRHYF4fac]http://youtu.be/BlbRHYF4fac[/video]

[video=youtube;pVbzGLnTsn0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVbzGLnTsn0[/video]
[video=youtube_share;ORsQVghQvVo]http://youtu.be/ORsQVghQvVo[/video]

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Thx Rod!

Updated the video, added a few clips of what it sounds like while inside the car, with the windows both up and down.

What's the point? Any benefit other than the 90's turbo sound? Is there any disadvantage to venting to atmosphere?

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
What's the point? Any benefit other than the 90's turbo sound? Is there any disadvantage to venting to atmosphere?
Its a noise maker with no benefits other than for those who want to have alittle fun attention.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
The big disadvantage basing this off other models that are recirc type models is the temporary rich condition that happens. The ECU is programmed for that excess air the the BOV puts back into the Intake path. With it being dumped it will be a temportay rich condition. DSM's sufferred from this doing the exaxct same mod. Car would stumble and at times backfire. Its a noise maker plain and simple.
Yeah there will be more turbo lag with these spacers
Not really. Your saying the excess air helps keep the turbo spinning. With a turbo this small it wouldnt even be noticable. On my GSX no notciable affect took place after changing bovs to Vent to atmosphere except the bogging.

iso100

1000 Post Club
They're pretty and are very well engineered but I don't have a need since the car already has a bypass valve integrated. Great work though!

dyn085

2000 Post Club
The big disadvantage basing this off other models that are recirc type models is the temporary rich condition that happens. The ECU is programmed for that excess air the the BOV puts back into the Intake path. With it being dumped it will be a temportay rich condition. DSM's sufferred from this doing the exaxct same mod. Car would stumble and at times backfire. Its a noise maker plain and simple.

Not really. Your saying the excess air helps keep the turbo spinning. With a turbo this small it wouldnt even be noticable. On my GSX no notciable affect took place after changing bovs to Vent to atmosphere except the bogging.
But weren't DSM's a MAF setup? The USDM FiST is a MAP setup and should be *relatively* immune to the sudden rich condition by comparison.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
But weren't DSM's a MAF setup? The USDM FiST is a MAP setup and should be *relatively* immune to the sudden rich condition by comparison.
Correct. However that air is compensated for somwhere in the ECU system. Id be interested to see a the AFR after during shifts. There is a reason they did it this way. Im sure turbo spool wasnt a reason.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12
We appreciate everyone's comments and questions, the adaptor is designed to produce the distinctive noise of a vent to air bov, we have ran it on our shop FIST for close to 500 miles now with no negative changes to the performance of the vehicle. We are also working on releasing other products in the near future that definitely have a huge impact on the way the vehicle performs stay tuned!

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
If you want the noise... This is a cheaper and louder option than a air intake. And it does look like its built to a quality standard.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
As for turbo lag.

I have had this discussion before.
I have built turbo systems before and have dumped both to intake and atmosphere.
I have seen little or no difference.

What most people forget is that at the other end of the intake tube, there is a very BIG hole that goes directly to atmosphere.
So there is no way to maintain any pressure in the intake tube.
I have not yet seen a "ONE WAY" air filter.

If it was possible to maintain pressure in the intake tube, when the throttle plate was re-opened, you would have an instant LEAN condition.
This is because the injector pulse width is at minimum due to the closed throttle plate.
The lean condition would cause MORE of a turbo lag than rich.

In actuality, all BOVs are dumped to atmosphere.
However, putting it into the intake tube, controls the noise much better.

BTW, the FiST uses both MAF and MAP.

Dave

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
As for turbo lag.

I have had this discussion before.
I have built turbo systems before and have dumped both to intake and atmosphere.
I have seen little or no difference.

What most people forget is that at the other end of the intake tube, there is a very BIG hole that goes directly to atmosphere.
So there is no way to maintain any pressure in the intake tube.
I have not yet seen a "ONE WAY" air filter.

If it was possible to maintain pressure in the intake tube, when the throttle plate was re-opened, you would have an instant LEAN condition.
This is because the injector pulse width is at minimum due to the closed throttle plate.
The lean condition would cause MORE of a turbo lag than rich.

In actuality, all BOVs are dumped to atmosphere.
However, putting it into the intake tube, controls the noise much better.

BTW, the FiST uses both MAF and MAP.

Dave
Gd post.

iso100

1000 Post Club
MAF on the Fiesta ST is only used for the IAT signal. Mass air is unused.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
MAF on the Fiesta ST is only used for the IAT signal. Mass air is unused.
True in the NA market but the ST being a ROW car or rest of world car they do it different at the German factory .. less doors and diff tuning

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Are there any photos or install instructions?
I know that it would be easy to install but,
Can it be gotten to without removing the engine?

Dave