Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Clutch Clunking Noise

Took it back to the dealer with only 1900 kms on it. Serious clunking in the clutch. When clutch is pressed down about halfway it starts a clunking sound. Doesn't sound good at all. I took it in to dealer today. (Tuesday)They cant look at it until next Tuesday! Wtf??

Took it back to the dealer with only 1900 kms on it. Serious clunking in the clutch. When clutch is pressed down about halfway it starts a clunking sound. Doesn't sound good at all. I took it in to dealer today. (Tuesday)They cant look at it until next Tuesday! Wtf??
Hi there!

I want to loop in your customer service manager. Please message me your VIN, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location.

Meagan

OP
E
Thread Starter #5
Sorry to get back to this thread late.
There was nothing wrong with the clutch. A bolt came loose underneath near transmission housing. This caused a metal plate to vibrate when shifting.
Easy fix once the tech got it up on the hoist.
He recommends that every new car should be brought in and re tighten after the first 1000 or so. Some are factory tight and can come loose in delivery.

It would be nice to know what exactly can come loose during delivery. Sounds like a BS excuse to me... If it can come loose during delivery, what would happen during normal day to day driving on roads that look like they've been testing land mines in them? Here in the northeast the roads are covered in scabbed patches and anything but smooth transport conditions.

no-pistons

I'm also getting a clunk noise. It happens when letting the clutch out in first, second, and reverse. The weird thing is that it doesn't do it everyday. Some days, its pretty much every single time, then some days I hear nothing. [???:)]

me32

1000 Post Club
What's the build date on the car? It seems the the mid/late build st have more issues than the early builds

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Question is, is what is it that the dealer actually tightened? I guess I will go under the car and check all those bolts too in addition to the charge piping when I change my oil every time.

Ive noticed this too going into first and the first to second you can hear a loud noise as it engages gears thats when it happens to me and it doesnt sound good lmk if you guys figured out the problem

yea i hear a small slap ish noise when going from 1st to 2nd. not very loud. it dosent do it if you up the rpms alittle before completly letting the clutch out. mine has 1700 miles on it. u have to have the windows up and no music to hear. very slight

no-pistons

My clunking went away! What did I do? I replaced my powerflex bushings with a brand new RMM from Ford. Not exactly sure what was wrong with the bushings, but I've been in contact with Powerflex USA for the last 3 weeks or so. You can say their customer service sucks big time!