Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

20k mile review of my FiST

I bought my FiST back in November 2017 and recently crossed the 20k mile mark. If I were not driving my 2 other cars, I'd probably be closer to 40k by now. That said, I am happy to report the FiST has held up extremely well. I just recently performed it's 4th oil change along with replacing the air filter with an aftermarket one I bought from Cobb. I rotated the tires once already and figure I can probably get another 10k out of them before I need to start looking for replacements. Short of a couple rattles here and there, the car has been flawless. One of these days I will get it out to the track but for now it's my city commuter that nets me a cool 32mpg.

To sum it up, I've been very happy with it and plan to hang on to it for quite some time.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
How are your tires living so long? My stockers were pretty much kaput once I got a tune on the car :p it breaks traction in such a composed manner in first and second gears I didn't realize how often I was spinning.

Are you really getting 32mpg city? Or on the freeway? Either way, glad to see you're liking yours. I am about 19,200 miles on my '17, other than needing a new set of axles (clunking since the day I bought it, replaced under warranty) and what sounds like maybe a cv joint going bad (they probably should've done it when they did the axles) I'm holding up pretty well too.

How's your paint doing? I've sorta given up on taking care of the paint, it seems like a stiff breeze takes paint away.

OP
P
Thread Starter #3
I guess I'm not as much of a hoonigan as I thought I was ;). I'd say more than 50% of my driving is on the highway/turnpike versus on the city streets so that definitely helps too.

32mpg is the overall average. City is just under 30 whereas highway is mid 30's. Funny you mention the clunk - I've noticed this when I first back the car out of the driveway but then it does not happen any more after it's been driven for a few minutes. Hasn't bothered me but maybe I should consider taking it in if it is in fact covered under warranty. Probably one of those things I would wait to do right before the warranty expires. I've got about 1 year/16k miles remaining with the bumper-to-bumper coverage.

Paint is fine. I'm ashamed to admit it but I haven't washed it in over a year. It desperately needs to be claybarred. One of these days...