Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

21% of 2020 Explorer sales are the ST trim

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I don't understand either.
I will just say my wife and I have a good household income it is slightly into the six figures no kids and I live in the southeast. There's no way on this planet that I would spend that much on a vehicle.
$30,000 makes me nervous.

I live a pretty boring life with a modest home. I do my own yard work, house work, vehicle maintenance, rarely go out to eat don't buy clothes. So the question is where is all this money coming from?

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

I tried to get one but the dealer wouldn't come off the price enough for me to get it. I ended up with the Edge ST because they were taking 12K off MSRP I need to have a SUV for hauling so it was a okay choice I guess but love the looks of the explorer especially one I see around my town that is lowered.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I tried to get one but the dealer wouldn't come off the price enough for me to get it. I ended up with the Edge ST because they were taking 12K off MSRP I need to have a SUV for hauling so it was a okay choice I guess but love the looks of the explorer especially one I see around my town that is lowered.
A 3 year old Edge Sport costs between $20-22K out-the-door with less than 30k miles. Literally the same vehicle without the updated seats and ST rear bumper. What did you pay for your Edge ST?

Brianmc27

I don't understand either.
I will just say my wife and I have a good household income it is slightly into the six figures no kids and I live in the southeast. There's no way on this planet that I would spend that much on a vehicle.
$30,000 makes me nervous.

I live a pretty boring life with a modest home. I do my own yard work, house work, vehicle maintenance, rarely go out to eat don't buy clothes. So the question is where is all this money coming from?

We’re at about the same level when adjusting to CA prices. We’re hopping to spend closer to 25k on a 3 row vehicle if we ever go for kid number 3.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
We’re at about the same level when adjusting to CA prices. We’re hopping to spend closer to 25k on a 3 row vehicle if we ever go for kid number 3.
Completely agree on that budget being reasonable for 3rd row SUV. @vmaxbaby is talking about buying a potentially $50K Ford Edge?? You would need to be making big $$$ to justify that kind of cost on something that is going to depreciate fast as heck. Seems like madness to me when you can get a Macan S for under $30K too.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
No kidding. Our household gross is pretty decent and I couldn’t fathom paying that much for a vehicle.
Truth be told, yes, I am even 'stretching' a bit with my relatively low, 0% interest, monthly payment, even with the long term of my loan for this ride, given my extremely 'fixed' income.

Even with the same terms, I could not have handled anything higher priced than this car, let alone something even in the Focus RS price range. [:(]

So the Edge is loaded with every option except the summer tire package..(live in virginia so need all season) and was MSRP 50K and some change. The dealer sold it to me for 38,300.00. It had 8 miles on it. I sold a fully loaded Escape 2014 for 15,500 and it was paid for so I put that down on the Edge and few more thousand out of savings. My payment on the Edge is 424.00 for 4 years and I have almost one year down and 3 more to go. The Edge was going to be my daily driver because the car under the blanket I did so much to it that it really couldn't be used as a daily so now it just comes out on nice days. Than I bought a used 2012 fiesta SE which of course had no creature comforts, no power, but I loved that little car and than I got on this forum and after a few weeks reading about all your cars...I was hooked..so I decided I needed to sell my SE and get a used fiesta ST. Well when I started looking I only found one that was a virgin and 15K miles on the clock but when I went to buy it they sold it on a thursday night and I was going Friday to buy it. I looked and looked but found the used market had ST's with 25+K miles and mods and I really wanted to be the first to mod it. I found a dealer that had 4 2019 on their lot and they wanted to move them so next thing you know here we are..:( I sold my my 2012 that only had 50K miles for $ 5,800.00 and took more money out of the savings :( to get the fiesta ST. So now I have that payment $ 309.00 for 36 months..I know what your thinking that is just crazy and well your right but in 3 years they both will be paid for and I will be able to go back to eating 3 meals a day again...LOL

Attachments

TemecFist

$50k for an Explorer ST is "not bad" here in San Diego. They are selling Rangers here for $45k.....a fricking Ranger!!!!
I did look at the Explorer ST, and I do have to say....it is nice. A better alternative than a Tahoe for all those stay at home moms that are hopped up on prescription meds and Starbucks.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Not the ST but I respect this guy big time.
He rips the Explorer. Overpriced poor build quality. Brand loyalty is stupid. As much as new vehicles cost you should be getting a happy ending after your purchase.

View: https://youtu.be/emrawH_HsFY

Last edited:
Not the ST but I respect this guy big time.
He rips the Explorer. Overpriced poor build quality. Brand loyalty is stupid. As much as new vehicles cost you should be getting a happy ending after your purchase.
Savagegeese is my favorite automotive journalist.

I would rather take the 400 bucks or so a month and buy a fixer upper house deduct the interest on the mortgage, clean up and improve the house to add value. I could just go buy a good running used Expedition or Excursion and use the shit outta the thing and junk it when it quits! At the end of Five years I think my financial situation would be better.
If I buy a new Explorer, I would just end up with a five year old used SUV.
I don't think people really understand how completely flooded the market is going to be in a few years with used SUV's!
It will be like that red tide of algea that blooms in Florida. Only it's not going to fade away.

Brianmc27

I would rather take the 400 bucks or so a month and buy a fixer upper house deduct the interest on the mortgage, clean up and improve the house to add value. I could just go buy a good running used Expedition or Excursion and use the shit outta the thing and junk it when it quits! At the end of Five years I think my financial situation would be better.
If I buy a new Explorer, I would just end up with a five year old used SUV.
I don't think people really understand how completely flooded the market is going to be in a few years with used SUV's!
It will be like that red tide of algea that blooms in Florida. Only it's not going to fade away.
Even used CX-9s that we’re going for $45k 2 years ago are down to $27k. SUVs are a foolish to to buy new.

I agree better deal to get used saves allot of money my next SUV is going to be a year or 2 old for sure, really like the Jeep Track Hawk but can't afford that new will have to wait for a clean used one if there will be such a thing.

Brianmc27

I agree better deal to get used saves allot of money my next SUV is going to be a year or 2 old for sure, really like the Jeep Track Hawk but can't afford that new will have to wait for a clean used one if there will be such a thing.
I heard one of those with a resonator delete at WOT the other day. Instant boner.

I'm looking at five year old Expeditions. Plenty of life left in many of them. Without having to pay the premium for any pretense of newness. Because I am going to use it like a rented mule.

Ford Community Posts