Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Modified Ford Fiesta ST 0-60 Times

played with launch control for the first time. definitely need better traction. heard tires spinning into 2nd.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Fucking hell, I really suck. Best I did on Cobb stage 2 was about 7.5 seconds. I can't even do stock numbers! I'm definitely doing something wrong on launch, but I don't know what.

Anyway, car still feels quicker than stock and estimated power figures are quite a bit higher than stock, which I'm happy with, but there's definitely something wrong with me, haha.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Fucking hell, I really suck. Best I did on Cobb stage 2 was about 7.5 seconds. I can't even do stock numbers! I'm definitely doing something wrong on launch, but I don't know what.

Anyway, car still feels quicker than stock and estimated power figures are quite a bit higher than stock, which I'm happy with, but there's definitely something wrong with me, haha.
Nah your alright...its just like currency rate Dollar to Canadian dollar....km to mph....you just need to convert it! Still looks good though Eh! Don't forget your toque....when you go outside fer a rip! Its cold out der! [giggle]

There is a lot more wheel spin than u get with the stock tune...definitely faster and much more power from low RPM in 2nd. Wheels/tires upgrade is what u need to put the power down for faster times

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Hehe, I would be suprised it's a conversion problem!

I'm making sure that I don't spin in first. As you can see, my 60' is basically the same as purityracer316 and Louie23, but I shit the bed after that apparently.

I've been able to do faster than the attached, I just did not take a picture because I'm fucking mad to get above 7 seconds on stage 2. I'm not dissing the car, I'm sure it's my fault.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Hehe, I would be suprised it's a conversion problem!

I'm making sure that I don't spin in first. As you can see, my 60' is basically the same as purityracer316 and Louie23, but I shit the bed after that apparently.

I've been able to do faster than the attached, I just did not take a picture because I'm fucking mad to get above 7 seconds on stage 2. I'm not dissing the car, I'm sure it's my fault.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
I'm just Stage 1 on 93 Stratified flash tune

Does anybody have a faster recorded time than my 6.8? bc I'm only Cobb stage 1

Does anybody have a faster recorded time than my 6.8? bc I'm only Cobb stage 1

soon. let me play with the launch control and get my tire pressure down. And I'll get back with you when i go to the track next week. Found some 22-8.00R15 drag radials but definitely not paying $200 a piece for it.

Jerickson88

I played this AM. I couldnā€™t get my 60mph below 8.8, my charge temps were getting up there around 115* as well. I got a 60ā€™ around 3.3xx, in all seasons street pressure.

All seasons will do that. I picked up like 2 seconds to 60 from going from bad tires to Summer 200 TW autocross tires. Actually doesn't spin till 60 now.

Also turbo swapped, so that probably wasnt helping things. I did do a rolling burnout to 85 MPH in damp weather and beat a previous gen Mustang. He had traction, I didn't. Weight to HP baby.

Jerickson88

All seasons will do that. I picked up like 2 seconds to 60 from going from bad tires to Summer 200 TW autocross tires. Actually doesn't spin till 60 now.

Also turbo swapped, so that probably wasnt helping things. I did do a rolling burnout to 85 MPH in damp weather and beat a previous gen Mustang. He had traction, I didn't. Weight to HP baby.
I rarely romp on my car but I saw this thread and wanted to give it a shot. Iā€™m very conservative with my driving but am not afraid to do a pull or two on the interstate if the challenge arises. I take my kids to and from school in it. I think Iā€™m going to stop at ā€œstage 3 Cobbā€, wheels and springs. I do enjoy easing down some curvy roads. The all seasons have proven to be well rounded. Went to a 215/40-17 federal formoza fd2 over stock Bridgestone. Car feels as responsive if not more in the rain and ride is smoother and more quiet.

Today, charge temps were around 72-74* and saw a 21.16 psi spike on stage 1 ots. Thatā€™s highest to date.

Interesting thread going here. The magazines have pretty quick 0-60 times I don't know how they do it. I have driven so many trucks, cars- with M/T, automatic, etc. A lot of it is to do with reaction time to the light, starting off and traction. The one thing I will say is that my ST feels quicker off the line and in traffic than my 2018 Mustang GT. It really is power to weight. The GT is so heavy to get going. Once it's going though and give it a lot of road, sure it's fast as heck maybe say 0-100. The quickest cars for stop light take off and 0-30 are light weight- with a lot of low to mid range punch. My personal experience is the FIST is pretty quick and even quicker was my 2016 Miata ND. That car would just jump off the line and beat just about anything. But the more road, the higher HP cars would just blast by say after 40 MPH.

CSM

1000 Post Club
Played around with the 0-60 timer yesterday and got my best times to date (using 93 octane tune):
  • 6.2 sec 0-60mph
  • 2.2 sec 60'

Cobb TC (setting 4) and Flat Foot Shifting dropped the times from 6.7 to 6.2. Pretty happy, only other time i tested was when I first got the car and stock I would consistently hit 7.5 sec 0-60mph times.

Wow that's quick..didn't know about the Cobb traction control settings. What stage r u running? You have an off the shelf tune or custom?

CSM

1000 Post Club
Wow that's quick..didn't know about the Cobb traction control settings. What stage r u running? You have an off the shelf tune or custom?

Off the Shelf Dizzy tune, the 6.2 sec was done w/ 93 Octane. I also have Dizzy's E30 tune but haven't tried a 0-60 time with it.

Here we go..Cobb stage 1 93 octane tune. stock Bridgestone potenzas, no traction control, couple gallons of E85, redline set to 7k. IMG952018122495214337702.jpeg

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk