Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stance General Discussion

C. love

That FiST is now rendered useless.
says whom? Its pretty annoying that "purists" whom don't like the style always seems to talk down on anothers style THINKING they have the "hot ticket". Just because the Fiesta ST is branded as a "performance" car, it doesn't mean people cant go in other directions with the car. After all its their car isn't it?

To be honest i think most people styles on here plain sucks but i generally refrain from commenting as their car isn't mine. Personally I like it and if my fiesta was my sole project I would probably go in this direction. In my opinion Auto x sucks and I will never use my car in such venues, so why not slam it.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
says whom? Its pretty annoying that "purists" whom don't like the style always seems to talk down on anothers style THINKING they have the "hot ticket". Just because the Fiesta ST is branded as a "performance" car, it doesn't mean people cant go in other directions with the car. After all its their car isn't it?

To be honest i think most people styles on here plain sucks but i generally refrain from commenting as their car isn't mine. Personally I like it and if my fiesta was my sole project I would probably go in this direction. In my opinion Auto x sucks and I will never use my car in such venues, so why not slam it.
Do you have airbags? If so, on normal height do you still have good handling?
I just cant understand the reasoning in buying a sports car which its main attribute is its handling to then to take it away. At that height the wheels cant possibly turn without rubbing im sure.

C. love

Do you have airbags? If so, on normal height do you still have good handling?
I just cant understand the reasoning in buying a sports car which its main attribute is its handling to then to take it away. At that height the wheels cant possibly turn without rubbing im sure.

Not my car, Looking at the picture I assume it has air bags. You ever had any type of anything that is actually low? I assume not. Sure the wheels may rub a bit but that's the trade off. Air bag systems have come a very very long way since the days of old. Handling can be quite surprising actually. Again I assume you have little real world experience in this.

Calling the Fiesta a sports car is laughable. Even the Mustang and Camaro arent even what I would call a sports car. A Vette, GTR, Porsche 911 etc are sports cars, these cars I would not slam.

A Fiesta is a hot hatch that handles well and is designed for the common man to get sports car like attributes while being mundane enough to haul kids and groceries. I guess in the fiestas case its a cheap option for 20-somethings that want something decent but cant afford something super cool.

In the end this is the Stanced section or is it not? I dont know why you seem to care about this as much as you do. Whether the car was made to do one thing or not its the car owners choice on they they modify the car. I know if it were my car I would take a video of it scraping down the road just to make you (and the many others) cringe. Why you ask? I believe the term these days is.... nofucksgiven.

rexdriver85

The car in question does look nice sitting there slammed, but road performance is severely compromised if you drive it that way. I've been in super slammed VWs with stretched tires and the whole nine yards, they handle horribly, but look cool driving by. I've seen kids roll the bead right off the wheel with stretched tires going too fast around turns, it's dangerous.

To each their own, though. That's what makes the community fun! [twothumb]

C. love

The car in question does look nice sitting there slammed, but road performance is severely compromised if you drive it that way. I've been in super slammed VWs with stretched tires and the whole nine yards, they handle horribly, but look cool driving by. I've seen kids roll the bead right off the wheel with stretched tires going too fast around turns, it's dangerous.

To each their own, though. That's what makes the community fun! [twothumb]
^ that

Yeah driving super slammed does make a car handle like shit but hey its the look you're after not the performance. I have run literally 1000's of stretched tires (no joke no exaggeration 1000's) and not one has de-beaded on me. I usually run, what I feel to be, a moderate stretch though for example a 235/40 on a 10.5 or 245/40 on an 11.

Sure if you hit a pothole just right or have a super stretch I can see it happening.

rexdriver85

I wasn't making it up. I was in the VW community for a long time. Some of those dudes go WAY too extreme with it. I've seen it happen twice during spirited car cruises. When I was on a page called PA Dubbers on Facebook there used to be posts of it happening a lot with pictures, lol. But yeah, it's a lifestyle thing for some of these people, just not me. I appreciate the effort people put into working it all out though!

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
I slammed my previous car on cheap coilovers just for the look. After I realized the car wasn't fast (civic si) I decided to go in a different direction with the build. Sure, the handling decreased but the cool factor increased. It was fun scraping everywhere and cringing at the sight of a bump in the road. Take that as you may. Some probably don't think that's cool, but whatever.

To my point, the fiesta is a car that some race, and some daily. If someone wants to stance it and make it a show car then more power to them. I think these fiST's need more exposure in the car scene because frankly most people mistake my car for a focus st then say "ohh didn't know they made a fiesta st"

LT Berzerker

More of the mindset of those who love the way it makes them feel while driving through twisties, believing this is what makes the FiST special and spending money bettering that aspect of the car for which Ford engineers started to hone.

More so than the feeling you get when looking at it sitting on the ground with near perfect tucking creating a seamless line between body and wheels and worrying about bending wheels, and tearing the underbody up on roads.

All said to each their own, and respect for the effort for each end result :)

LT Berzerker

I never understand why people come into the stance section to explain how dangerous stance is.

Not stanced, driver dead-

Not stanced-

Not stanced-

I doubt many people are modifying their own car to the point that it's completely useless, because most people that buy ST's don't have $25k to own a life-size model. Just because you don't know how to drive a lowered car doesn't mean that a lowered car is impossible to drive. It may not work as an off-road rally car, but I would imagine that anyone lowering their car is doing it within the limits of how they drive it.

I guarantee that more lives have been lost and more property damaged due to speed/racecar driving than stance in the ST community.
Invalid argument, sorry, anyone who thinks the street is the place to tests the limits of a vehicle is an idiot who deserves their fate... And posting random pics from "somewhere in Mexico" adds nothing to the discussion. (Neither does my opinion, lol)

That said more of a danger is some tire fitments being performed and thought alright to run on the street... As mentioned.

Then again, airbag suspensions solve the height issue, but not extreme stretching beyond manufacturer recommendation.

Both types of builds in the end are fine in my book if done responsibly....

OP
dyn085

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #70
Invalid argument, sorry, anyone who thinks the street is the place to tests the limits of a vehicle is an idiot who deserves their fate... And posting random pics from "somewhere in Mexico" adds nothing to the discussion. (Neither does my opinion, lol)

That said more of a danger is some tire fitments being performed and thought alright to run on the street... As mentioned.

Then again, airbag suspensions solve the height issue, but not extreme stretching beyond manufacturer recommendation.

Both types of builds in the end are fine in my book if done responsibly....
I'm surprised at how many people will completely disregard the fact that cars don't crash without drivers (generally speaking). Argue how unsafe stance is if you want, but I can post far more pictures of crashed non-stance/racecar ST's than anyone can post of the contrary. My argument is perfectly valid and it's sad that more people aren't smart enough to realize that.

I'm going to go into every thread that has to do with making your daily driver faster and claim it's unsafe now.

More pictures of cars with "stanced" fitment, less bullshi* sharing of opinions. /end
Agreed.

There is a stance discussion thread that was created specifically to keep this crap out of this thread. It would help if moderators moved all of this yapping, mine included, to the pertinent area.

C. love

I think some yapping is fine. Simply cause it may help to thread to gain some steam. Although civility is a must

I wasn't making it up. I was in the VW community for a long time. Some of those dudes go WAY too extreme with it. I've seen it happen twice during spirited car cruises. When I was on a page called PA Dubbers on Facebook there used to be posts of it happening a lot with pictures, lol. But yeah, it's a lifestyle thing for some of these people, just not me. I appreciate the effort people put into working it all out though!

Nah man I believe you, its just rare IMO if the stretch is done in a mild manner.

LT Berzerker

I'm surprised at how many people will completely disregard the fact that cars don't crash without drivers (generally speaking). Argue how unsafe stance is if you want, but I can post far more pictures of crashed non-stance/racecar ST's than anyone can post of the contrary. My argument is perfectly valid and it's sad that more people aren't smart enough to realize that.

Agreed.

There is a stance discussion thread that was created specifically to keep this crap out of this thread. It would help if moderators moved all of this yapping, mine included, to the pertinent area.
Thanks for the slight at my intelligence. Considering you quoted 1. Me already acknowledging boy racers being idiots on the street. 2. Thanks for stating the obvious racecars crash it happens, but shouldn't be done on the street, as mentioned.

Clarification, if your building for stance or speed you shouldn't be running incorrectly fitted tires/wheel combos if driving to/from any event on public roads.

That's what trailers are made for...point, build and drive responsibly...

In for more pics :)

OP
dyn085

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #73
Thanks for the slight at my intelligence. Considering you quoted 1. Me already acknowledging boy racers being idiots on the street. 2. Thanks for stating the obvious racecars crash it happens, but shouldn't be done on the street, as mentioned.

Clarification, if your building for stance or speed you shouldn't be running incorrectly fitted tires/wheel combos if driving to/from any event on public roads.

That's what trailers are made for...point, build and drive responsibly...

In for more pics :)
I'm dragging this discussion over here, because this is where it belongs.

It's not a dig at you personally, though I can see where it's taken that way as I did quote you. My point is that people are quick to point out how dangerous a stanced car is when it's out in public, yet they can't seem to comprehend that a stanced car is driven differently than a racecar. No one should be arguing the physics of the vehicles themselves because it's pretty apparent that a racecar is safer than a stanced car if you talk about the vehicle by itself.

But I have to keep reminding people that cars don't crash themselves. Stanced drivers are generally more risk-averse than racecar drivers, and they typically drive more defensively because of it (and to avoid having repairs on something they've likely already dropped thousands of dollars into anyways). OTOH, it's nothing for a racecar driver to drive like an idiot out on public roads because he has the exact opposite mentality-my car is designed to be safer at higher speeds and therefor I can drive like that safely.

I'm not trying to claim to be an angel, but I have many more meme's of racecar drivers having crashed ST's than stance drivers. I honestly can't even recall a single stanced-ST that crashed. I'm not saying it hasn't happened and I'm sure that if it hasn't it will, but it doesn't change the fact that the cars that are more 'optimally' set up for driving are wrecked significantly more often and with higher speeds and more fatalities than those that are stanced. It's significantly easier to over-drive your actual capabilities in a car that you think is safer.

The human factor kills more people than the vehicle design, and it's always been that way.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Some people are so ignorant they do not realize they are just following some fad that does not make any since at all.
If that offends anybody here then it might be something to consider;)

Some people are so ignorant they do not realize they are just following some fad that does not make any since at all.
If that offends anybody here then it might be something to consider;)
I understand you are old fashioned and will not understand, but please "consider" taking my words and using them to refrain from forcing your old fashioned opinions on other people the way you do oh so well.;)

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
On the contrary I am very keen on what is really going on, marketing hype, want to fit in, following a fad, etc...being independently minded is far more interesting and realistic to me and I just want to help open a mind or two along the way:)

If one wants to follow a crowd, no matter how small, no matter how much they think they can disregard logic, reason, proven physics.....just do not try to explain it as meaningful, worthwhile, etc....is simply cannot be proven as a viable option no matter what one thinks it is.

Old fashioned? No
Realistic? Yes

If you do not like my stand on this so be it.

Most sincerely,
Rick

On the contrary I am very keen on what is really going on, marketing hype, want to fit in, following a fad, etc...being independently minded is far more interesting and realistic to me and I just want to help open a mind or two along the way:)

If one wants to follow a crowd, no matter how small, no matter how much they think they can disregard logic, reason, proven physics.....just do not try to explain it as meaningful, worthwhile, etc....is simply cannot be proven as a viable option no matter what one thinks it is.

Old fashioned? No
Realistic? Yes

If you do not like my stand on this so be it.

Most sincerely,
Rick
All I'm saying is that you are cluttering threads, making them unenjoyable for members to read. When members see the title to this thread, and decide to look through it, they want to see pictures of cars along with information of setups passed between members. When you bring your nonsense to the thread, you not only have a better chance of finding a talking dog than someone who cares, but you could also be warding off potential new forum members that don't feel the need to join and contribute anymore because you only allow threads that 100% cater to your "race car only" state of mind to stay on topic. I'm sure we can both agree that cluttering threads, and potentially scaring new members away is extremely unnecessary and unproductive.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I just want to help as much as I can to educate a few as to what is really going on so hopefully they use their intellect more than being brainwashed into doing goofy stuff to fit an image.

For one, stanced is not lowered as some have been confused about.

I lowered my first car 47 years ago, for looks and performance, lowering done right is bad ass, over lowering is a silly way to mod a car unless all you care about is how it looks which is externally ego driven.

How it works as a vehicle is more important as that is what is is but many have not yet experienced it at a high level.

I have lowered dozens of cars and some trucks but never "stanced" one as I wanted a car or truck that was a more useful vehicle and have put hundreds of thousands of miles on my lowered vehicles without issue.

Tell me, do you want to "Stance" or overly lower you car to feel like you fit in or do you want to do it because it makes sense?

Who cares if it "makes sense", if Someone like it so be it. I love the look, would I do it? No. It's not practical for ME. Its a thread dedicated to it, not everything needs to be as you would say, beneficial to driving dynamics.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
The truth is you can lower you car, make it look cool as sheat and make it handle better and get your ego boosted by those that understand it or do it the wrong way and get an ego boost from the clueless, which do you prefer?