Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stance General Discussion

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I do appreciate your concerns. I just want to make a point for those that are unaware of the issues involved in doing mods that hinder the great aspects of this wonderful car, the safety of it, reliability, and sometimes misunderstood terms as in stanced, lowered, etc.....if you that favor this direction would also tell the whole truth about the real results of the mods you postulate as good to do then I would not have to post here at all.

Be honest, which has rarely but sometimes mentioned, an actually stanced vehicle or overly lowered vehicle is a compromised vehicle in the real world most cars are used in.

And it is just following a fad, not really independent thinking;)

I would respect those that took the time to engineer a properly lowered car to have adequate suspension travel, geometry, integrity, etc.....which can be done but seldom is.

Rickster, the antagonist on this part of the forum it seems:)

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
The sad thing is you can lower the hell out of a car and still make it a decent car to drive but it takes a great deal more involvement in time, funds, thinking.....which it seems few are willing to do.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
As long as the truth about such mods are explained then I will have nothing to post which makes it easier for us all and I will no longer feel I have to be here to protect the innocent from what is not disclosed;)

OP
dyn085

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #84
As long as the truth about such mods are explained then I will have nothing to post which makes it easier for us all and I will no longer feel I have to be here to protect the innocent from what is not disclosed;)
What 'truth' needs to be posted to 'protect the innocent' that are on this site? Why do you feel the community is so dumb in your eyes?

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Dumb is not a word I posted;)

Ignorant maybe, look up what it means as not such a bad word.

Postulating that one can ignore the laws of physics is one thing, saying you can overcome it with the way you drive is another thing. Unfortunately many have not yet been enlightened as some seem to be or think they are and may not realize the differences and do such mods and then think they are immune to the consequences and end up as a statistic which hurts all of us that mod our cars, families, etc........

The world is much bigger than we are or our cars;)

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran

Postulating that one can ignore the laws of physics is one thing, saying you can overcome it with the way you drive is another thing. Unfortunately many have not yet been enlightened as some seem to be or think they are and may not realize the differences and do such mods and then think they are immune to the consequences and end up as a statistic which hurts all of us that mod our cars, families, etc........

Ignorant is a good word; it means a person can learn. Dumb, on the other hand, means a person is incapable of learning.

OP
dyn085

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #87
Thanks for moving this to the appropriate thread.

Exactly, which is why I posted a small portion of the ST-specific Somewhere in Mexico memes. Can you post at least that many ST-specific pictures of crashed stanced cars? I'm pretty sure you can't.

Why? Because the owners that cause the most accidents, property damage, and death/injuries in this community are not stance owners, they're the #becauseracecar drivers. ;)

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thanks for moving this to the appropriate thread.

Exactly, which is why I posted a small portion of the ST-specific Somewhere in Mexico memes. Can you post at least that many ST-specific pictures of crashed stanced cars? I'm pretty sure you can't.

Why? Because the owners that cause the most accidents, property damage, and death/injuries in this community are not stance owners, they're the because racecar drivers. ;)
Lets get more specific and say "#becauseracecar" drivers, who drive their car beyond their own capabilities.

rexdriver85

Just to add to the fire, I still believe that extremely stretched tires are unsafe unless on a show only car, not a daily. Lowered cars are not. Stanced cars without stretch are not. Disagree or whatever, lol. [emoji90]

I do agree with the #becauseracecar drivers statement who drive beyond their limits and beyond the vehicles limits who end up wrecked.

OP
dyn085

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #90
Lets get more specific and say "#becauseracecar" drivers, who drive their car beyond their own capabilities.
Yes, exactly that and edited as such. The people that take their ST, a budget sports car, and modify it #becauseracecar and then drive it outside of their capabilities and exceed the vehicles limitations because they think that adding a few hp has now made them professional drivers. There are already countless examples of wrecks because of this, despite modifying their car in the line of "independent thinking"-just like the majority of ST owners do.

There are plenty of responsible and safe ST drivers that modify their car in the direction of performance and don't go plowing off the road, into minivans, or onto road signs. These are the people that race on tracks at weekend events and drive 'spiritedly' occasionally on public roads, but removed or away from the general public. These are the people that I consider 'adults', and they do not fall into the category of #becauseracecar drivers.

But just as we can delineate between two types of performance-modification owners, we can realize that the exact-same modified ST is dangerous in one persons hands while perfectly safe in another's. Unfortunately, some people are unable to make that conclusion with a stanced car simply because they think the car is not 'optimal', but they completely remove the driver from the equation. This double-standard and closed-mindedness does nothing to further the community, as a whole, and only promotes animosity.

I've owned both stanced and #becauseracecar cars, and no car I've ever owned has ever killed anybody. On top of that, no car that I stanced ever crashed, but some of the performance-modified cars that I owned when I was younger have.

Why? Because of the driver, not the car.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Yup. There are those who think it's cool to roll race starting at 60mph on a freeway, then there are those who drive normally to the race track/drag strip and race.

Every time I see a stanced car that is not "optimal" it's going the speed limit or below.. Basically driving like grandmas haha

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Some very valid points being made here and I have to agree with many of them, it is the driver but not always, just almost always, not the car that causes the wreck. No matter how good the driver, how the car is driven, the vast majority of drivers on the road are not good drivers and sometimes we have to dodge them or things falling off trucks or other objects on the road, animals, etc....a car with severely compromised suspension and tires is not something I would care to be driving in such a situation and I have more than enough of these situations in my years in driving and successfully dodged nearly all of them and many I would not of been able to in compromised car but could and did in a well sorted out car.

There are many unsafely modded vehicles on the road besides those we are talking about here of course, some not much seen any longer, gladly faded away.
Severely Stanced, overly lowered, way to much camber, way to narrow a tire on wide wheels, not that many on the road and as mentioned most drive pretty carefully.
Mildly stanced, some of the look without the severe handicaps, it seems that is more what Dyn does and much safer than above.
Lowered, even a bit overly lowered but all else setup well, not usually a problem.
Overly lifted, huge tires, brakes that cannot deal with it well, includes trucks and Buicks, etc, on 26" wheels.
Huge old Caddies with 13" spoke wheels sticking way out on dinky overly stretched tires, glad we seldom see that anymore!
A shit ton of worn out, poorly maintained, crap cars and trucks, bad tires, bad brakes and far to often uninsured drivers...
"becauseracecar" knuckleheads, I agree, they cause most of the issues that hurt our hobby.

With so many dangerous vehicles and drivers on the road I make sure my cars and trucks always have great tires, brakes, alignments, etc and would never compromise one just for the looks.

I saw an severely stanced car on the street just yesterday in the nearly freezing rain, actually light snow falling. Neon, maybe 2" of ground clearance, 10" wide wheels with super skinny tires, crazy camber angles, it was a very cleanly built car and looked cool in many ways but it did not seem like a wise thing to be driving in heavy traffic on cold, dark and very wet day or any other day.

LT Berzerker

Looks great, personally I'd go a little less offset and camber in the rear

C. love

I like the fitment on that one too. Sits flush enough as to not have the aggressive camber

Stance is cool if that's your thing.

I like performance over looks, but I still prefer "proper" sized tires. Not a big fan of stretch and poke but it can look nice, just I won't do it personally.

My fiesta has a good stance, imo But I want to got a tad lower. I like tucking meaty tires.

And here is my autox car
Rear is maxed out with adjusters and isolators removed from kw v3

Rides like a cadillac too

Ford Community Posts