Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

North American vs European Steering Wheel

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Which steering wheel do you guys like better? North American vs European Steering Wheel

North American Fiesta ST Steering Wheel

European Fiesta ST Steering Wheel

Is the size the same?

The only thing I have to say about the N/A steering is that it is a little big. Also, it would have been nice to have the flat bottom.

Is the size the same?

The only thing I have to say about the N/A steering is that it is a little big. Also, it would have been nice to have the flat bottom.
Yes, flat bottom like my old VW wheel, would've been a nice touch for all ST models.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
both have the dimple leather just poor cam angle .. never had a flat bottom wheel what's the plus of it ?

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thread Starter #9
The difference of the two steering wheels while minor, are different enough to still make a difference. If you look at the center cover of the European ones it seems less bulky and more rounded at the top giving more visibility to the dash ares via the opening. I addition, it seems that you get slightly more of a grip area on the bottom half of the Euro version.

Here are better pictures, you can see the raised cover area aboved the horn seems more significant on the NA versions.

Euro version

both have the dimple leather just poor cam angle .. never had a flat bottom wheel what's the plus of it ?
I would say the flat bottom steering wheels makes it easier to get in and out of the car and leg clearance.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Looks the same to me other than the air bag cover. On a side note they can keep their center stack with all the buttons

On a side note they can keep their center stack with all the buttons
Amen to that!

Also, if you look underneath the hvac controls, they are missing the interior lightings and t/c off button. Is it hiding somewhere else?

And no auto headlights?

Amen to that!

Also, if you look underneath the hvac controls, they are missing the interior lightings and t/c off button. Is it hiding somewhere else?

And no auto headlights?
Australian/Euro version has auto headlights.

No touch screen so we need the head unit buttons... (lots of them) actually surprisingly simple to use. And looks good at night when lit up.
Different pedals too if you take a closer look.

I loved my 06 GTI steering wheel. Best one I've ever had the pleasure of turning. That said, this wheel doesn't bother me other than it NOT being a real leather cover..... Still comfy.

Def preferring the N/A wheel better. Also the one other thing we have better is the touch screen nav, don't like all the dash buttons. Would like that shifter trim, and the led/projector lights and get the height adjustability.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I like the NA one better, cleaner lines.

The only thing I would swap for is if just a little smaller diameter but not to much as need to see the gauges decently.

------------

I like buttons better than a touch screen, usually that is, I would have to try both to know for sure but have what I have so will live with it:)

-----------