Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST Tracking From Window Sticker to Factory build date to Railcar tracking..

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
it's official, the wait is finally over, took delivery today! only drove it about 20km but the thing has huge balls, it is a machine. the shifter i need to get use to compared to the SE, recaros fit me perfectly, i weigh 180lbs. touchscreen is just a tad too far but still good and reachable. as for performance, the thing drives very nice, and i love the sound, not over powering at all, you can drive it like a normal car and you don't have to step on the peddle too much.. the clutch is much lighter than the SE. haven't tested it out fully but i'm excited to be driving her around. was the wait worth it? well, yes and no. the car is everything i expected so far and more, but the wait was horrible!!! horrible horrible!

i'll post pics in a couple days!
Woohoo! Congrats.

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #143
Yeah cant wait to see pics :)
but ill have too eh ;)

damn this car is so sweet. you literally need to only gesture towards a gear and it slips in. you don't even have to fully press it in, it just slips in so perfectly as if the car is shifting itself. 1st to 2nd gear i need to get use to, unless you drive like you're racing you really need to time it for a perfect no bounce shift. the car feels like it sleeps at 1500rpm, very quiet and soft, press the peddle and it pulls you back proper. off a full stop you barely need to press the gas peddle to engage, i rev it to about 1300 or so and she's good to go. wow, it will take a very long time for me to get bored of this car! simply amazing. the interior build quality is much better than the regular fiesta and the road noise is almost non-existent. the low rpm growl through the symposer sounds sooooo SICK. very slick and elegant. the higher revs are a little raspy sounding but not too high pitched, IMO, just perfect!

if you drive it normally, be prepared to be shifting like a maniac, very very busy down low, i get to 6th gear at about 65km/h (40mph) cruising speed.

So, I just looked up my VIN, says this:

Primary Features
Build Date: 30.11.0002
Vehicle Line: Fiesta (B299)
Engine: 1.6L EcoBoost SCTi 160/182PS-Sigma
Transmission: 6 Speed Manual Trans - B6

Is my build date reallly November 30th!!?? Please tell me thats not the case :(

Primary Features

That's not the case, your vehicle has probably already been built or will be in a few days.

the 30.11.0002 is not the real build date, it will update to the real date when your car has been already built for a few days.

look up your VIN at http://researchmaniacs.com/VIN-Number-Lookup/WindowSticker/Ford.html

does your window sticker show up? if so, then your build date will be there also.

how do i know? because i went through this process, like you, a couple months ago.

also, try calling Ford Performance Group. They can give you updated info with your VIN. Realy cool guys that actually care for the customer work there. Their names are Steve, Aaron, Isaac and Dan. Helpful dudes for sure!

the number is 1800-FORD-SVT
Thanks for all the info, I appreciate it. I looked up the VIN, but it says "not in system".

also, try calling Ford Performance Group. They can give you updated info with your VIN. Realy cool guys that actually care for the customer work there. Their names are Steve, Aaron, Isaac and Dan. Helpful dudes for sure!

the number is 1800-FORD-SVT
Called and spoke to Isaac, he said he did not have any information for the Fiesta ST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account

Primary Features

Like alexanderfreenote said, that weird looking Build date means your Fiesta ST hasn't been built yet. That "Place holder" date will change once it's been built. If you like, you can PM your VIN and I can get in touch with my contact at Ford to see if they can at least provide an ETA.

Like alexanderfreenote said, that weird looking Build date means your Fiesta ST hasn't been built yet. That "Place holder" date will change once it's been built. If you like, you can PM your VIN and I can get in touch with my contact at Ford to see if they can at least provide an ETA.
PM being sent!

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #156
Most time your window sticker wont become visible until two weeks or so before your build date so once you see your window sticker your car will be built most times within the next two weeks barring and unforeseen parts limitations. Then I think at least the ones I have followed on ETIS well take a few days after the build to totally fill up your car per the build sheet.. but the date may change sooner that that I don't know for certain on that but on mine it was two days after the window sticky showed a real build date the ETIS updated.. I am not sure why Ford is limiting the car and why they take so long to build and ship.. If it is any help you are not alone I waited 7.5 months for mine only to be insulted about my trade by my dealer at time of delivery.... Just had to Smile and way boys.... will see if I ever do their exit survey as Mom always said if you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all..... Love the CAR though it was worth the wait and other BS .. Hang in there ... all this will be washed away the first time you grab second and stand on the gas thinking nothing will happen and you are set back in your seat by surprise....

I'm just getting a bit worried as I need to finalize the paperwork on the loan for the ST and I do not want to be making two car payments. I was told for the time of ordering to delivery it would be "6-8" weeks. I'm now feeling this is not the case.

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #158
I'm just getting a bit worried as I need to finalize the paperwork on the loan for the ST and I do not want to be making two car payments. I was told for the time of ordering to delivery it would be "6-8" weeks. I'm now feeling this is not the case.
Im confused here so please help me out .. I have never set up a loan on anything before I had it in my grubby little hands. It took the dealer 20 min to get my paperwork done the day I picked up my car which I almost told them to shove in the dark warm cavity as they lowballed me on my trade after telling don't worry we will be fair then they insult my car and tell me it is a "Nitch" car well WTF is the ST if not a Nitch car or as they call it a "HALO" car.. ok sorry I vented there .. back to the Question... Why would you take out a loan on a car you don't have yet and may not want for whatever reason at time of delivery (say it showed up with a two tone paint job have the car orange and have black) or the car was missing a ESC button or worse case like happened to a Mustang Guy back in 2011 a train accident caused his car to be totaled on the rail car he never got that car Ford rush built him a new one but a Different VIN.. Anyway why make payments on a car you don't have ? I am no way saying it wrong or you are wrong I am just curious how this works.. I mean NO disrespect so please don't take it anyway but as a question about it as for the rest of my rant I'm sorry but I feel better now maybe LOL Stoopid greedy Ford dealers.....

Im confused here so please help me out .. I have never set up a loan on anything before I had it in my grubby little hands. It took the dealer 20 min to get my paperwork done the day I picked up my car which I almost told them to shove in the dark warm cavity as they lowballed me on my trade after telling don't worry we will be fair then they insult my car and tell me it is a "Nitch" car well WTF is the ST if not a Nitch car or as they call it a "HALO" car.. ok sorry I vented there .. back to the Question... Why would you take out a loan on a car you don't have yet and may not want for whatever reason at time of delivery (say it showed up with a two tone paint job have the car orange and have black) or the car was missing a ESC button or worse case like happened to a Mustang Guy back in 2011 a train accident caused his car to be totaled on the rail car he never got that car Ford rush built him a new one but a Different VIN.. Anyway why make payments on a car you don't have ? I am no way saying it wrong or you are wrong I am just curious how this works.. I mean NO disrespect so please don't take it anyway but as a question about it as for the rest of my rant I'm sorry but I feel better now maybe LOL Stoopid greedy Ford dealers.....
Test drove the ST a few weeks back. Decided it was the car for me and ordered a base model in the color I wanted. The loan was approved a few weeks back on a nother ST that was sold out form underneath me, so I had no choice but to order. Reason I want to get it sooner rather than later is from the time of approval of a loan you have 60 days to ink it. I am approaching the deadline on the approval and do not want to have to run my credit again.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
According to him : Looks like it’s scheduled to be built just before Thanksgiving and arrive at the dealer at the very end of the year. Feel free to check again in a few weeks.