Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

225/45R16 tire pressure

I recently bought a set of Konig Dekagrams and I went with 225/45R16 Toyo Proxes R1R tires. I was curious about the "correct" tire pressure for daily driving. I know the stock pressures are 39/36psi but of course those are for the stock 205/40R17. Any help is greatly appreciated!

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
I recently bought a set of Konig Dekagrams and I went with 225/45R16 Toyo Proxes R1R tires. I was curious about the "correct" tire pressure for daily driving. I know the stock pressures are 39/36psi but of course those are for the stock 205/40R17. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Stock pressures. Its not about the tire, but about the suspension setup.

Edit: I usually run a lb or 2 over stock, for a firmer ride, with increased steering response

Can you post pictures of your setup? Stock suspension? Curious how 225's are working out for you since those tires are 9" wide.

Last edited:

Exumer

Same question. very close to doing the same exact set up with my dekagrams. Not too late to backout, so any experience you have with this and/or pics would be greatly appreciated.

OP
K
Thread Starter #5
Yes I am on stock suspension. No rubbing so far, I can go full lock in both directions. Only thing I haven't done yet is hard cornering on bumpy roads. I will post photos when I get access to my computer!

CSM

1000 Post Club
Yes I am on stock suspension. No rubbing so far, I can go full lock in both directions. Only thing I haven't done yet is hard cornering on bumpy roads. I will post photos when I get access to my computer!
Any photos of setup?

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
You can do the chalk test to make sure you are wearing your tires evenly at your given pressure. I found that I could go quite a bit lower on the Dunlop Z3's in the same size as you. I think I ended up with 34F/36R hot.