Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

225/50/16 It can be done

Just wanted to post up on my experience today getting my 225/50/16 re71r's to fit. They are mounted up on some konig dekagram 16×8 (et40 I believe). It took me about 4 hours of fiddling and test driving to get the rub to go away. Im on godspeed monoss coilovers and I had to max out the rear for height and get pretty close to maxing out the fronts. Im at neutral camber all around currently and a 2 finger gap is enough clearance on fully preloaded springs to keep the fender from rubbing the sidewalls. I had to cut a bunch of clearance out of my rokblokz mudflaps in the front to keep the wheels from rubbing on them when turned all the way either direction. Some things I plan on doing soon is -1 degree camber all around and rolling the fenders so I can drop the fronts to match the rears without rubbing. I should have gone 225/45/16 to avoid most of my issues but I didnt do enough research and I quite like the meaty look. For anyone looking into thise size - its doable but prepare to spend a while to get them to fit.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Dpro

6000 Post Club
1 degree camber is barely stock, settings stock is 1.2. I would put way more negative camber in and it would help lip clearance a lot.
I am running 1.5 right now and will probably go 2-2.3 when I switch out wheels to a 16x8.

OP
Maihyo
Thread Starter #7
1 degree camber is barely stock, settings stock is 1.2. I would put way more negative camber in and it would help lip clearance a lot.
I am running 1.5 right now and will probably go 2-2.3 when I switch out wheels to a 16x8.
Can we get away with -2 to 2.5 degrees without camber plates? If so I'll go that route

OP
Maihyo
Thread Starter #10
Well that depends on if the upper bolt holes on your lower strut mount are slotted. Most coilvers are at least the good ones.
That's one downside to the godspeeds, no slots :( I will probably end up making some taller rear spring perches at work so I may come up with a plate with slots for the fronts as well

Dpro

6000 Post Club
That's one downside to the godspeeds, no slots :( I will probably end up making some taller rear spring perches at work so I may come up with a plate with slots for the fronts as well

You actually can get camber plates for our cars off a couple of UK siites.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
With the rubbing I had with 215-45r17's, not surprised you had to made some modifications. In my case (pre-coilovers) I had rubbing at the top of the front liners (at about the 10 and 2 o'clock positions) as well as a tiny bit of rub on the nuts for my mudflaps. Looks like your setup is even taller.