Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Alberta FiST owners

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
I

I haven't had any trouble with ground clearance, but my tires are 6% oversized and they do grind some of the snow in the wheel wells. Don't go oversized because if you are compressed in a corner and hit a bump it'll buzz the inner fender.
Weird mate - I've got 215/45/17's on my FiST and have only rubbed once during a hard compression going up a sloped curb. I wanted to keep the stock wheels for winter and a set of Yokohama winter's allowed me to do just that.

Crazy... I must need to hit the gym a little more often.
Mine typically rubs when on a dry exit im leaned up hard and hit a big dip or bump. So it is too tall of a tire for the bumpstops.
Definitely happens when you are driving HARD.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
With the winter tires on, I want to preserve tread wear and have 'de-tuned' the FiST via the AccessPort. I was considering this larger size for a replacement size when the Bridgestone's wear out but perhaps I'll have to settle with a 205 flavour.

Is your back 'Fiesta' emblem blacked out? I met a green FiST on Macleod Trail one fateful day...

OP
P
Thread Starter #45
Bingo!

I keep seeing your car on my way home on Bow Trail!

Hugs the right lane, turns onto Sarcee!

One more Alberta FIST on Alberta roads today, but only today as my FIST will tippy toe home 4 Kilometers from the dealer (Sherwood Food) to my garage until April or whenever the snow decides to go. It will kill me not to drive it, but I have a company vehicle and would rather beat it up on the crappy roads versus my brand new car. Our roads are not great and I know summer tires are like walking on ball bearings on a tile floor. Probably put on the 4 ways and drive like a little old lady,,,
Will post a picture later as I know if you don't post a picture it does not exist!

So, how many of you are driving them in the winter?
Is there going to be any meets before summer?

I think even just meeting up for a coffee would be a fun time.

Hey guys,

I'm not a FiST owner just yet, but definitely plan on getting it this summer.

Well, about that, I had planned to buy one this summer, and it would be my daily driver, but up on hearing here that there was as much as 16 week wait, I think I should plan on acting sooner. I live in Edmonton by the way.

Anyways, looking forward to maybe meeting some of you eventually. I'm a big car and racing fan, and look forward to meeting some other good guys and girls when I take my FiST down to Castrol raceway, when I have time... Assuming I can take possession of one this summer! I've heard about the insane wait times, but it's been an year since it's been released, thought it'd be more readily available by now.

Hey guys,

Well, about that, I had planned to buy one this summer, and it would be my daily driver, but up on hearing here that there was as much as 16 week wait, I think I should plan on acting sooner. I live in Edmonton by the way.

Anyways, looking forward to maybe meeting some of you eventually. I'm a big car and racing fan, and look forward to meeting some other good guys and girls when I take my FiST down to Castrol raceway, when I have time... Assuming I can take possession of one this summer! I've heard about the insane wait times, but it's been an year since it's been released, thought it'd be more readily available by now.
There are a few cars incoming or landed at local dealers. All of them are loaded (nav, sunroof, wheels), so if you want a base car or just spec'd to your liking you will have to order. I just bought mine a few weeks ago after shopping for a couple months, send me a pm if I can help you out with any information.

Hey guys,

Just got mine last Thursday, just under 17 weeks delivery. Very few dealers bring them in. At best you might find a couple in all of Northern Alberta. The problem with the FIST is that it is not an F150, so very few dealers will bring them in on spec.
I got mine literally right off the transport, so no dealer pdi. All the plastic still on it, just removed enough to drive it home. Will sit in my gargae until spring. I have a company car, so don't have to beat mine up with winter driving. So by getting it right off the truck, I avoided dealer installed swirl marks in the paint and the wheels/brakes dripping with Armour All. I am very fussy how my cars get washed, so was very happy to avoid dealer mutalation of the paint.

Thanks guys, that's plenty of advise before even I walked into the dealership! Looks like if it'll take at most 4 months (18 weeks) I think I'll order mine around end of February. I relocated to Edmonton almost an year ago from Toronto, and finally have a good job and am able to afford it. And for that reason, I have a not-so-special car right now with a manual transmission, just so I could get a feel for what its like to drive manual in Edmonton. I plan on sticking with the FiST for a couple years at least when I get it, and I think its just a perfect car. Good for a daily driver, yet is that little bit extra special for a sunday afternoon drive. Better than the Focus ST too... lighter and just the same power to weight ratio. I'm a big fan of Ford, and my first car was a used 2005 Mustang v6... but I found out, special as it was, it wasn't a daily driver.

I wanted to ask here if you guys would recommend a particular Ford dealer? I know dealers have a lot of leeway in pricing, but also when it comes to maintenance of your car, some dealers treat the car and the customer better than the others. I plan on using a few products in there that's not Motorcraft, at least the engine oil (I prefer Mobil1), but will end up taking it to the dealers for servicing. Likewise, for winter tires, I plan to go with Nokian, which is only sold through Kaltire. Anyways, wanted to get your opinion if a certain dealer is better than the other, or if that even matters.

HI guys. I'm new here and I just sold my 1996 evo IV GSR.. Bought my FiST in late January and the ETA arrival is in a week!

OP
P
Thread Starter #57
Nice!

Damn, we should almost put a meet together at some point

OP
P
Thread Starter #59
We could pair it up with the Wednesday Beyond meet and see how that goes, April 1st is supposed to be +15 degrees according to the trend