Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Alberta FiST owners

You're right about starting to look for new winter tires. This will be my first time getting a set. Are you able to get a second set of TPMS and train them for the FiST?

You're right about starting to look for new winter tires. This will be my first time getting a set. Are you able to get a second set of TPMS and train them for the FiST?
I never put tpms in my winter rims, it only goes off every few weeks, totally unessential imo

For those of you who had your FiST for winter last year... how annoying was it having winter wheels without the TPMS? Was the light irritating ? it's time to start shopping
My winter set up is a set of 15 inch steelies/winters without TPMS. The light is not annoying at all. Not worth the hassle of buying/installing/programming two sets of sensors.

I have Blizzaks, 205/40/17, no idea the price range or anything as they came with the car
Lucky, as far as I can tell those are $133 per tire one tire rack so add $1million and that will give you shipped cost in CAD......

Lucky, as far as I can tell those are $133 per tire one tire rack so add $1million and that will give you shipped cost in CAD......

I was just talking to my bro about that today, we decided if we can't buy stuff local we aren't buying anything from the states till the dollar pops up. Its getting ridiculous, like double the price of whatever it is posted then add another 20% to get it from the ups man

I was just talking to my bro about that today, we decided if we can't buy stuff local we aren't buying anything from the states till the dollar pops up. Its getting ridiculous, like double the price of whatever it is posted then add another 20% to get it from the ups man
Yeah you have to go USPS/Canada Post so the men in Brown don't bend you over just to get your package.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
My winter set up is a set of 15 inch steelies/winters without TPMS. The light is not annoying at all. Not worth the hassle of buying/installing/programming two sets of sensors.
They're pretty cheap on eBay and so I just have Ford swap over the TPMS when I drive by the stealership. Relatively painless.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Yeah you have to go USPS/Canada Post so the men in Brown don't bend you over just to get your package.
Or send them to Montana!

Are you guys serious about tires? I am bringing back some snow tires for myself and a friend (for our trucks) and I could potentially bring back another set... PM me if you're serious. I'd need some gas money of course (and would charge you for the GST across border and small storage fee at MSO but that's all minimal).

I don't wanna swap over to winter tires yet!!!!

I was kinda thinking of getting a set of 15's also. The couple places I looked into earlier in the year would only do 16". For 15's is there anything special about them so they fit Ok on our cars? I know the spare is 15"

Thanks for all the replies guys. I might think of putting winters on the oem as well since I really want 16' sparco terras for my summer setup. that being said, 15-16' steelies with good winters and no tpms would be fine for winter since it isn't the time of year for looking really good. I might paint the steelies so they aren't that god awful gloss black though.

I was kinda thinking of getting a set of 15's also. The couple places I looked into earlier in the year would only do 16". For 15's is there anything special about them so they fit Ok on our cars? I know the spare is 15"
15s should go just fine however I personally will be going with 16s to give some clearance between the front caliper and the wheel.

Anyone ever get tires from Costco? Checked it out today and it's about $850 for a set of winters but their system of doing things kinda sucks a bit.

I priced out tires at Costco the other day.... expensive :(

Canadian Tire had them beat on the price plus with their extended warranty on tires you can't go wrong :)

OP
P
Thread Starter #138
Does anyone know anywhere in Calgary that will mount tires to used wheels WITHOUT adding TPMS ?
I get either Honda West or Urban-X to mount autocross tires for me all the time. I have a couple of sets of wheels, so I don't bother with TPMS. I have ordered tires from them and had them mounted to used rims as well.

I have never run into a shop that wouldn't do it without TPMS sensors actually

Gents!

Just wanted to chime in as a new '15 FiST owner (Molten Orange) in Edmonton. I know the convo has been elsewhere the past couple months but this thread isn't terribly active anyhow. It's probably gonna stay pretty stock for a while here. But if anyone wants to meet up sometime here, just let me know!

FiestaST1

I'm also a 2015 owner as well, in Edmonton. Don't get on here much but mainly looking for places to buy aftermarket parts locally if possible.