Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Alberta FiST owners

How with winter upon us the need for the block heater has arrived. How have you guys routed the plugin for it? Mine is just under the front of the hood and would like to move it some place where it wont thrash around while driving and scratching up the paint.

Don't have that problem mind's in storage.No salt,no rock chips,no winter grime.I have my 2011 S for that.Molten orange in with winter wouldn't look good.

Still on the fence for the MBRP exhaust, how loud are the cold starts now that winter is upon us?

If your hesitant that a 1.6l motor is going to be too loud, I would hold off on any exhaust.
More concerned about other people near me having issues. Live in a building where people complain a lot and then also vandalize cars. My speed6 was scratched to the bare metal and a window broken on my rx8. Don't want to piss off others and have my new fresh paint destroyed...... I love the sound of the MBRP and 1.6L motors can get really loud. I had a 1989 MR2 that was straight piped and thing was crazy obnoxious, you could hear it from the other side of the race track. Was curious to know how loud the cold starts are with the MBRP to see if it would be a problem having the car run 10 minutes each morning.

How are these cars on the winter crap roads in Alberta?
Car is pretty good in the winter, personally I would like a bit of rear end bracing to help the rear rotate even more but in stock form still rotates just not as much as I want.

Ya Back end sliding is a blast :) whenever wifey is not in our AWD CX5 I get the back end out as much as possible....I was inflected with this obsession from owning a Imprezza, WRX, WRX-STI, S2000 and numerous other RWD cars. I'm still on the fence about getting the ST. I know there are some great 2015 deals at the moment.

Ya Back end sliding is a blast :) whenever wifey is not in our AWD CX5 I get the back end out as much as possible....I was inflected with this obsession from owning a Imprezza, WRX, WRX-STI, S2000 and numerous other RWD cars. I'm still on the fence about getting the ST. I know there are some great 2015 deals at the moment.
I was slightly concerned about going FWD as previous FWD vehicles handled garbage in winter as I learned to drive in the winter in RWD and have owned that for most of my life (I also ice race and rallycross a RWD). I must say this car has surprised me so far, light weight and if you play the throttle and steering just right the back end rotates nicely. Looking to pick up a trunk brace or torsion beam brace to make it a bit more sensitive though. Push a corner too fast and it will plow but a dab of e-brake fixes that right up. Winter tires are pretty much required though.

I was slightly concerned about going FWD as previous FWD vehicles handled garbage in winter as I learned to drive in the winter in RWD and have owned that for most of my life (I also ice race and rallycross a RWD). I must say this car has surprised me so far, light weight and if you play the throttle and steering just right the back end rotates nicely. Looking to pick up a trunk brace or torsion beam brace to make it a bit more sensitive though. Push a corner too fast and it will plow but a dab of e-brake fixes that right up. Winter tires are pretty much required though.
I think you have helped my decision heading to dealership this am to see what kind of deal I can get on a 2015. They have a white one with black vinyl race stripes which I can not stand ---will remove if I pick it up.

I think you have helped my decision heading to dealership this am to see what kind of deal I can get on a 2015. They have a white one with black vinyl race stripes which I can not stand ---will remove if I pick it up.
Best thing to do at this point is go test drive it and find some snowy/icy roads and see what you think.

More concerned about other people near me having issues. Live in a building where people complain a lot and then also vandalize cars. My speed6 was scratched to the bare metal and a window broken on my rx8. Don't want to piss off others and have my new fresh paint destroyed...... I love the sound of the MBRP and 1.6L motors can get really loud. I had a 1989 MR2 that was straight piped and thing was crazy obnoxious, you could hear it from the other side of the race track. Was curious to know how loud the cold starts are with the MBRP to see if it would be a problem having the car run 10 minutes each morning.

Car is pretty good in the winter, personally I would like a bit of rear end bracing to help the rear rotate even more but in stock form still rotates just not as much as I want.

You can hear mine from inside the house when its running on the street but I think its the pitch or tone of it that makes it noticeable. Not that it is necessarily loud.

Georden

I've had mine for about 3 weeks now. Had the dealer put snow tires on before I picked it up and I have been very impressed by how well it's done in the snow. Now I just wish for some dry roads so I can actually have fun.

I've had mine for about 3 weeks now. Had the dealer put snow tires on before I picked it up and I have been very impressed by how well it's done in the snow. Now I just wish for some dry roads so I can actually have fun.

Snow/ice is way more fun than dry roads. The lift off oversteer makes nice when you can go in hot, lift and rotate, then power out!

Georden

Snow/ice is way more fun than dry roads. The lift off oversteer makes nice when you can go in hot, lift and rotate, then power out!
Not when traffic is crawling along and you can't get traction in any gear. Kind of makes the st drive like every other front wheel drive compact, but it's brand new and I don't wanna hit a curb lol. Also stinks when your new car is constantly dirty. A shitty beater is the most fun winter car in my opinion! Though I am loving the heated seats.

Ya mines in storage but I have a 2011 Fiesta S sedan with 5 speed for winter.Should get a meet going in the spring in Red Deer or somewhere so Edmonton and Calgary can meet up.