Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The First Annual ST takeover of Deals Gap on Sept 20-21

V_2

So thinking about May, how does the 14-15th, or 20-21st work for everybody?

Looks like the 14-15th has the 5th gen camaro and Saturn redline groups going out there. The weekend of the 20th seems less crowded.

14-15 is good for me cuz i have off. But can try to get 20-21 off lets see what the other guys think.

OP
JPGC

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #43
Did I just get invited to stay at your parents place for this year's ST meet ?

YEP !!
Just send me the address when you get a chance and mail me a key :)
Lol, no doubt. Not the key though.:). I may see if they will let me borrow it for the week of the meet. It's actually almost as fun getting to the cabin as driving the tail.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Lol, no doubt. Not the key though.:). I may see if they will let me borrow it for the week of the meet. It's actually almost as fun getting to the cabin as driving the tail.
I'm not even joking; I'll rent a room that weekend from yall, lol. I'm a nice guy, I'll clean up after myself. Don't smoke, don't drink ( unless you want me to, lol ).

OP
JPGC

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #46
I'm not even joking; I'll rent a room that weekend from yall, lol. I'm a nice guy, I'll clean up after myself. Don't smoke, don't drink ( unless you want me to, lol ).
I will see what I can do when we get a few months out, no doubt.

Anyone still wanting to go? 20-21 sounds good to me. Hell if anyone in the upstate area wants to go up on a weekend before then let me know.

Newby here, definitely in for heading up to the dragon and surrounding roads. I'm in Charlotte...
I'm in Spartanburg it's about a 3 hour drive for me. But if your serious shoot me a message and we'll figure something out. Been itching to go since I picked it up in October.

Sounds good and likewise, hit me up when you have time. I'll put the 20-21 of Sept down for sure but will be heading up in the next couple of weeks.

Don't quote me on it, but I think some guys have already started planning a huge eco boost weekend in September for the Dragon. I'll try to dig up some info on the FiST /FoST Facebook page.

Edit: http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-st-events/42954-2016-3rd-annual-ecoboost-take-over-tail-dragon-brainstorming-thread-9.html dates are posted on that page. More details in the thread. Looks like the weekend of the 23rd

Newby here, definitely in for heading up to the dragon and surrounding roads. I'm in Charlotte...
Welcome! Always good to see some more local guys. If you're interested, we have a local NC Facebook group with 30+ members, a lot of which are around the Charlotte area. Pm me if you'd like an invite on Facebook!

Sorry to thread Jack!

I think i PM'd you jack, not proficient at these forums yet... If you didn't get it please send the Facebook invite...

Ok so when is the 2016 run? Hopefully picking mine up the end of next week. Also have a buddy with a '15 who would love to go! Last time I was there I was in an 06 GTO so would like to see/feel the difference.

I am (likely) going to be heading down from the Chicago suburbs on the 16th or 17th of September 2016 if anyone is interested in joining me. Check out my thread here:
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...south-Chicago-suburbs-(318-curves-in-11-miles)

This is not an official event by any means, I am just running a local club cruise down there next year during the same time period so I want to do a dry run in my "comfortable" car.

Well, it looks like they got everything worked out for the 2016 run:

http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-...over-tail-dragon-brainstorming-thread-12.html

This is a rough draft/idea session others can chime in with suggestions:

I figure that the 23rd will be a travel day for most and check in later that afternoon.

Suggest a meet and greet/safety brief on the morning of the 24th at 9:00am (local time) at The Wildwood Grill, located at the intersection of Fontana/Welch Rd, Fontana Dam, NC 28733

The Dragon is a short drive away and by 10:00am we could be on the Dragon for a couple of hours of session runs up and down the Tail of the Dragon.

By 12:30 have lunch at Dragon's Den Grill, visit to the gift shop, and social time with members

2:30pm option for another run or take a scenic ride of the Cherohala Skyway.

7:00pm(?) Members in the past have opted for a night run of the Dragon

The 25th I?ll be heading back that morning but many have paired up with and made another run or hit the other roads before heading home.

Here?s a great link to help with planning: http://tailofthedragon.com/your-trip/plan-your-trip/

How many locals will be attending that will have more info on restaurants in the area?