Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

To Cat or not to Cat that is the question

Looking at down-pipes. Should I run catless, Man thing is how is the smell? lots of white smoke? Sorry for noob questions. First time buying a downpipe for a car. Atp or 2jr.

razorlab

1000 Post Club
If you have never gone cat less, I would suggest not doing it. It can be very stinky on pump gas.

That said, I've run cat less in my cars for the last 20+ years. :)

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Catless, this car isn't that bad, especially compared to my Mustangs without cats. It does stink a little. Like razorlab said though, you may not want that smell, if you have never done it. Plus, you will be dealing with emissions issues if you have emissions testing where you live.

OP
Z
Thread Starter #4
Michigan we got nothing. I just don't want a noticeable smell when i am driving with windows down. looks like I better save for catted.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
I wouldn't be the one to ask that because I'm used to it, lol. I don't really notice the smell unless I crank the car in my garage.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Agreed I went catted on my car at first then went catless a few months ago and the smell isn't as bad as my catless hondas though it does give a whiff of hydrocarbons every now and then if the wind is right or when parking in the garage..

OP
Z
Thread Starter #12
Rodmoe, how come you made the switch? notice a difference in performance from catted?

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Wanted Maxx power so I made the switch it did seem to let it breathe a smidge better

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Looking at down-pipes. Should I run catless, Man thing is how is the smell? lots of white smoke? Sorry for noob questions. First time buying a downpipe for a car. Atp or 2jr.
Smells bad when stopped at stoplights, so if you do not like the smell of unburnt fuel OR DO NOT HAVE A TUNE, I would go catted. You will cause a CEL running a catless downpipe without a tune for it.

I like not smelling like gas and girls think poorly of it if your car smells, so I am going catted.

OP
Z
Thread Starter #18
I ended up buying catted, as this is my DD even though no emissions checks in Michigan.