Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2014 Fiesta ST 0-60 time vary as much as .8 tenths

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motor trend says they got 0-60 in 6.4 seconds stock off the show room floor, and ran the quarter mile in 14.9 seconds @ 93 MPH. Mountune says they got 6.9 0-60 MPH quarter mile time from the two door version Fiesta ST. which is heavier than the four door US version Fiesta ST rocket. They also did a Dynamiter reading as well power at the wheels read 184 HP. @5200 rpm & 221 Ft. Lb.'s torque @ 2700 rpm's. The torque is more than Ford is advertising at the flywheel.

Here's the scup on that HP number that they arrived at' the 184 HP number is actually when the over boost is kicked off automatically after 20 seconds and when it's on for 20 seconds the system goes into over boost which is 21 psi and 197 HP mode. Some dynamiter charts shows both, and it will be mentioned like this 184/197 on the chart it will look like this two HP and Two Torque lines on one chart. Motor trend testing of automobiles is near sea level not to hot or humid not even any wearied atmosphere pressures to artificially raise the HP & Torque numbers.

These numbers always vary from one review to another.

After driving it for one day I have trouble believing 6.4 second 0-60 even if you have perfect conditions and absolutely abuse the car.

OP
A
Thread Starter #4
These numbers always vary from one review to another.

After driving it for one day I have trouble believing 6.4 second 0-60 even if you have perfect conditions and absolutely abuse the car.
Maybe a pro drag racer might have something to do with it, I do not see a problem with the times at all, launch without spinning the tires, speed shift to second without lifting off the gas but using farness with the clutch as to not chirp the tires. Shift the tranny while the engine is still in the sweet spot or maximum pulling rpm torque in each gear, will require different rpm as to keep the car pulling it's best and not revving the engines till it peaks over or worse till the fuel shut off kicks in.

That is how he makes his living from Motor trend magazine, knowing precisely when to shift, and yes they do this in CA. where the weather is Ideal for the most part.

razorlab

1000 Post Club
the two door version Fiesta ST. which is heavier than the four door US version Fiesta ST rocket.
You have this the wrong way around. The EDM two door version of the Fiesta ST is lighter than the USDM four door version of the Fiesta ST.

The EDM version is around 2560lbs

OP
A
Thread Starter #6
You have this the wrong way around. The EDM two door version of the Fiesta ST is lighter than the USDM four door version of the Fiesta ST.

The EDM version is around 2560lbs
That is not what I was told, or read from a UK website that said the law requires more metal in specified areas on the vehicle to lawfully be able to register in the UK

razorlab

1000 Post Club
That is not what I was told, or read from a UK website that said the law requires more metal in specified areas on the vehicle to lawfully be able to register in the UK
They are lighter, it's published in reviews and even verified from owners weighing their own cars.

The EDM versions have much lighter crash protection and other things. They also are actually very different than the USDM versions, the whole interior is different, panels, bumper covers, etc.

Even the cars themselves are built in different places from each other. I think the only main things that are really the same between the USDM and EDM versions are the drive train (engine, transmission, etc) and some things like hood, hatch and maybe seats. The exhaust system is different, even the ECU runs totally different program and airflow strategies.

OP
A
Thread Starter #9
They are lighter, it's published in reviews and even verified from owners weighing their own cars.

The EDM versions have much lighter crash protection and other things. They also are actually very different than the USDM versions, the whole interior is different, panels, bumper covers, etc.

Even the cars themselves are built in different places from each other. I think the only main things that are really the same between the USDM and EDM versions are the drive train (engine, transmission, etc) and some things like hood, hatch and maybe seats. The exhaust system is different, even the ECU runs totally different program and airflow strategies.
I have been looking high and low to try to find that article on the UK VS. USA Fiesta ST, I should have saved the article butt I didn't, I'm not in no way dought your knowledge about these two Fiesta ST's When I run across the article again I'll post it on your quote.

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
Best i could get on AP was 7.2 with cobb stg1. With or without track control. With or without launch control. With or without wheel spin. Best i could do is 7.2. Dont know why.

Status
Not open for further replies.