Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba Racing Short Shift Transmission Adapter

Trader history for Boomba Racing (0)

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
I kind of regret not ordering a shift knob also but I really dont want black. Will there ever be other colors like red made?

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Received my adapter today with a cool key chain can opener thanks!

I requested decals in red in the order form, were you out in that color?

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #146
Received my adapter today with a cool key chain can opener thanks!

I requested decals in red in the order form, were you out in that color?
Yea we probably didn't have any red stickers at that time. Typically white is what goes out with the order.

If you want the stickers THAT bad, we do offer them in special colors here: http://www.boombaracing.com/boomba-racing-stickers/

Otherwise it would probably be a long while until we got them back in.

Glad that the keychain/bottle opener was a nice little surprise!

Received mine yesterday and installed it. It is a solid well crafted piece of hardware, albeit I wonder if it needs to be as heavy as it is. Maybe the alternative would affect durability or cost. Had a bit of trouble getting it bolted in due to the tight space, but patience paid off.

The amount of stick shift travel removed is just perfect for my taste. The feeling rocks!

I think others have mentioned this, but either way I will reiterate: "it should come from the factory like this". Although on second thought then the Boomba team wouldn't have the chance to build this fine piece and miss knowing they are putting all those smiles on our faces.

Really enjoying the outcome of this upgrade. If you have the urge for this just pull the trigger. Worth every penny.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #150
Received mine yesterday and installed it. It is a solid well crafted piece of hardware, albeit I wonder if it needs to be as heavy as it is. Maybe the alternative would affect durability or cost. Had a bit of trouble getting it bolted in due to the tight space, but patience paid off.

The amount of stick shift travel removed is just perfect for my taste. The feeling rocks!

I think others have mentioned this, but either way I will reiterate: "it should come from the factory like this". Although on second thought then the Boomba team wouldn't have the chance to build this fine piece and miss knowing they are putting all those smiles on our faces.

Really enjoying the outcome of this upgrade. If you have the urge for this just pull the trigger. Worth every penny.
We are very happy to hear you are enjoying the shift plate!

Glad we were able to improve your FiST

Thanks for choosing Boomba.

Just installed mine. Great mod overall, especially for the price. Shifter throw reduction is noticeable and feels great. Makes me want to pick up the short throw shifter next!
One thing to keep in mind for the installation: its very cramped in the engine bay, especially when installing the bottom portion of the adapter. I have medium sized hands, but I had to have my girlfriend squeeze her small hands below the adapter to get the bottom plate on. I recommend having someone with small hands help you if your hands are on the larger side. Took about an hour to install. Very pleased with the mod!

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Just installed mine. Great mod overall, especially for the price. Shifter throw reduction is noticeable and feels great. Makes me want to pick up the short throw shifter next!
One thing to keep in mind for the installation: its very cramped in the engine bay, especially when installing the bottom portion of the adapter. I have medium sized hands, but I had to have my girlfriend squeeze her small hands below the adapter to get the bottom plate on. I recommend having someone with small hands help you if your hands are on the larger side. Took about an hour to install. Very pleased with the mod!
I installed my adapter last weekend. Awesome over all mod. But since I have giant hands (Im 6'4 220 I'm not a small guy) So lining that bottom plate up was hell for me. Once I got the trick positioning my hands right i go the job done in no time.
I also installed the shifter and shift linkage bushings at the same time. I cannot say a single bad thing about these products. My shifts are short and crisp now.

I can't wait to get the shift lever later this year.

Sam4

I just installed this the other day too. Install the front screw 1st, and the others will kinda drop in . It is a great update - 1st to 2nd is vastly improved, it was like rowing a boat before! I bought the the cable bracket bushings at the same time, but that'll wait until another day.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #158
I just installed this the other day too. Install the front screw 1st, and the others will kinda drop in . It is a great update - 1st to 2nd is vastly improved, it was like rowing a boat before! I bought the the cable bracket bushings at the same time, but that'll wait until another day.
We're glad to hear you're happy with adapter! Really changes the feel of the vehicle!