Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 256 of 256 FirstFirst ... 156206246248249250251252253254255256
Results 2,551 to 2,558 of 2558
    Senior Member 889 Rep Points koozy's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 2000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 300 Rep Points Earned First 2000 Posts and 400 Rep Points
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by ts atseif View Post
    I emplore EVERYONE reading this to get a dash cam. And don't cheap out, get a good 2 channel (front and rear) dash cam with a legit parking mode! Simple DIY. Installation is easier than you think.
    Recommendations?

Senior Member 995 Rep Points TyphoonFiST's Avatar

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 2000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 300 Rep Points Earned First 2000 Posts and 400 Rep Points
    State
    MN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by koozy View Post
    Recommendations?
    Ditto!
    Is this your bush? Are you king of the forest?

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points
    State
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Likes

I bought mine a few years ago, the lg lgd521 for $300. They don't make it anymore.

The typical brands that are tops are blackvue, blacksys and thinkware. Comparing those 3 is a good starting point.

They all have buffered (records about 9 secs before impact, motion) parking mode. If you park anywhere in public, you should have parking mode.
    Blackvue requires a separate unit called the magic pro, but the others have built in functionality. Blackvue is the most popular, believe it or not. It has a barrel shaped design, very sleek. My lg has the same form factor.

The good ones DON'T have a built in screen, you use an app via Bluetooth to control all functions, download clips (sd card removal if you prefer home viewing). Every brand has slightly different features. Thinkware will tell you how many incidents it recorded when you go back to your car. Whether it was from motion detection or impact.

My lg does NOT have built-in gps, which I specifically didn't want.
    Some have it as an add-on, while others have it built-in.

There's a couple of good honest youtubers that do reviews.
    This one is my fave: https://www.youtube.com/user/usdashcamera

Expect to spend anywhere from $250/300 and up for a quality camera. Remember, 2 channel is front and rear, which is important, front only gives you 50% of the "whole picture". Rear cam is easy to set up, not hard like doing the back up cam install. There are deals to be had, if you shop around, dig for coupon codes, etc.
    It is not cheap, but worth every penny!

Forget about damage to your car (small potatoes), think about when someone claims you hit them, even though you didn't, and you start getting sued for medical bills when your insurance policy has reached its limit. And not only that, you will have to cover for their lost wages. It adds up so fast. I see so much fraud in my line of work. Doctors, chiropractors, accupunture, lawyers, they all have a game in it.

This site is the creme de le creme for buying cams, they also do review vids (take with grain of salt, lol) for them and some installation vids.
    https://www.blackboxmycar.com/

Member 77 Rep Points speed_easy's Avatar

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points
    State
    MI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks man, it is what it is.

Could be worse. Sure as shit, could have been better.

Member 77 Rep Points speed_easy's Avatar

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points
    State
    MI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No I dont and didnt have one running, unfortunately. IF for nothing else, it would have been good video content... the fishtailing would be fun to review.

I'll for sure look at getting a set in the future though, thanks man. In my case a side view would have been nice. Are there any 360 degree angle setups out there? Is local memory a factor?

Man, that sucks. Do you have a dash cam? I work for the state doing insurance regulatory work. After working doing claims audits for a week, I ordered a 2 channel dash cam with buffered parking mode. The shit that people pull, you need to protect yourself. NY is also a no fault state, btw.

I emplore EVERYONE reading this to get a dash cam. And don't cheap out, get a good 2 channel (front and rear) dash cam with a legit parking mode!
    Simple DIY. Installation is easier than you think.

Senior Member 889 Rep Points koozy's Avatar

Member #
    Medals
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bought mine a few years ago, the lg lgd521 for $300. They don't make it anymore.

The typical brands that are tops are blackvue, blacksys and thinkware. Comparing those 3 is a good starting point.

They all have buffered (records about 9 secs before impact, motion) parking mode. If you park anywhere in public, you should have parking mode.
    Blackvue requires a separate unit called the magic pro, but the others have built in functionality. Blackvue is the most popular, believe it or not. It has a barrel shaped design, very sleek. My lg has the same form factor.

The good ones DON'T have a built in screen, you use an app via Bluetooth to control all functions, download clips (sd card removal if you prefer home viewing). Every brand has slightly different features. Thinkware will tell you how many incidents it recorded when you go back to your car. Whether it was from motion detection or impact.

My lg does NOT have built-in gps, which I specifically didn't want.
    Some have it as an add-on, while others have it built-in.

There's a couple of good honest youtubers that do reviews.
    This one is my fave: https://www.youtube.com/user/usdashcamera

Expect to spend anywhere from $250/300 and up for a quality camera. Remember, 2 channel is front and rear, which is important, front only gives you 50% of the "whole picture". Rear cam is easy to set up, not hard like doing the back up cam install. There are deals to be had, if you shop around, dig for coupon codes, etc.
    It is not cheap, but worth every penny!

Forget about damage to your car (small potatoes), think about when someone claims you hit them, even though you didn't, and you start getting sued for medical bills when your insurance policy has reached its limit. And not only that, you will have to cover for their lost wages. It adds up so fast. I see so much fraud in my line of work. Doctors, chiropractors, accupunture, lawyers, they all have a game in it.

This site is the creme de le creme for buying cams, they also do review vids (take with grain of salt, lol) for them and some installation vids.
    https://www.blackboxmycar.com/
    information overload, but I'm leaning towards BlackVue DR900S-2CH 4K Dash Cam.

Senior Member 995 Rep Points TyphoonFiST's Avatar

Member #
    Medals
    State
    MN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by koozy View Post
    information overload, but I'm leaning towards BlackVue DR900S-2CH 4K Dash Cam.
    Ditto...I spoke to a rep.....he suggested that as the all around best night and day setup.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    Is this your bush? Are you king of the forest?

Senior Member 514 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by alexrex20; Today at 08:44 AM.

Page 256 of 256 FirstFirst ... 156206246248249250251252253254255256