Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

HaveBlue83

Mountune USA was having a sale earlier in the month. Pretty sure I linked my pops to that for my Xmas gift. Its back to $269

So are the Moutune springs different than the Eibach's I thought they where just rebranded like the Cobb springs?

JPGC

2000 Post Club
The mountune springs are made by eibach to the specs that mountune wants. So, though similar, they are not exactly the same.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
The mountune springs are made by eibach to the specs that mountune wants. So, though similar, they are not exactly the same.
I found it interesting to recently learn that Eibach actually manufactures Springs for both Mountune and Cobb ...I was told that in order for Eibach to "rebrand" these springs they do need to have the specs slightly modified to that of the ProKits springs that Eibach currently sells... And all three springs (Mountune, Cobb, and Eibach) are designed and spec'd to work with the FiST's OE shock and struts...

Thanks for the clarification on how the springs differ. I'm trying not to have buyers remorse now that I just bought the Eibach's and wondering if I should have paid the extra for the Moutune set.

HaveBlue83

The Mountune springs are AMAZING. im doing 80 everywhere I go. Ride is cushy and i can just push it and push it and its smooth. Buy the mountunes if you dont wanna go coils. I have a few hundred miles on em already and its sitting so nice and just one of my fav mods. Its....its just great.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
The Mountune springs are AMAZING. im doing 80 everywhere I go. Ride is cushy and i can just push it and push it and its smooth. Buy the mountunes if you dont wanna go coils. I have a few hundred miles on em already and its sitting so nice and just one of my fav mods. Its....its just great.
Id bet your roads are nice in flat somewhere over the rainbow. I highly doubt any springs you throw on these strut will make that choppy bounciness go away. The problem with these struts is the rebound its set too damn high from factory which causes the exaggerated bounce. Im sure the springs will feel. A bit better on dampening but will do nothing for rebound.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Although I will not say that they are exactly the same.
I had the Proto-Type set of Eibach springs and a friend had the set of Proto-Type Montune springs.
We did a lot of comparison driving.
I must say that you would hard pressed to tell the difference.

Both are an excellent improvement over the OE springs.
I have not tested the Cobb springs but I am sure they are almost identical.

You could almost have to say that the choice is, what color do you want.

Dave

I'm assuming you tried both of those on the stock shocks? Coilovers still the way to go though(I see you switched)?

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I'm assuming you tried both of those on the stock shocks? Coilovers still the way to go though(I see you switched)?
Yes the lowering springs were used on OE shocks.
Both gave a better than OE ride quality.
Both cars were switched to BC coil overs and the ride quality was again improved.

Now we have two different brands of coil overs.
However the ride quality has suffered but the performance has improved.
I am still testing the Eibach coil overs and I am sure it will be much better before they are released.

Dave

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I would not begin to tell anyone what springs are better.
Sometimes it comes down to price and I do understand.
I would however say, check up on where the springs are made as the quality of the steel in some parts of the world is questionable.

On a previous car I did have a set sag on me and they were supplied by a reputable spring supplier.
I did find out later that they were maid in a certain Asian country.

Dave

HaveBlue83

The springs are prolly the biggest "felt" mod so far for me. The bumps that jarred me before now dont even make me flinch. Its very smooth to do fun runs in. Superrrr happy with my buy (mountune). For oncr a car comes with strong OEM shocks to handle1" drop springs!

thinking of getting the H&R springs simply because it seems to be one of the ones that drops the car the most. would anyone advise me against making that decision? would mountune,eibach, or cobb be a better choice?

curious to hear what other users that have installed the H&R springs have to say...