Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

koozy

3000 Post Club
Suspension Techniques (ST)

Just got these, so they're not on the car yet but they appear more linear than progressive. Fronts are progressive and rears are linear. Apparently the rates are 245lbs/FR and 250lbs/RR.

Last edited:

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Suspension Techniques (ST)

Just got these, so they're not on the car yet but they appear more linear than progressive. Fronts are progressive and rears are linear. Apparently the rates are 245lbs/FR and 250lbs/RR.

Nice find, let me know how you like these springs.

HaveBlue83

I have about a 1.5 finger gap on the mountunes. The handling......its awesome. Best riding car ever. Its amazing. I dont rub either.

MOFiST

just installed them yesterday.

ST Front rate: 245lbs. (slightly progressive)
ST Rear rate: 250lbs. (Linear)

Front vs OEM

Rear vs. OEM

They look interesting. How much actual drop do you reckon?
Any feedback on ride quality?

koozy

3000 Post Club
They look interesting. How much actual drop do you reckon?
Any feedback on ride quality?
Advertised drop is 1.2" Front and .06" Rear. Initial impression is good. The ride is stiffer and more composed. The choppiness over bumps and rough roads seem non existent now. I plan on taking it up to some canyons soon to get a better feel and assessment in the twisties.

Ok guys those of you with the mountunes are saying ride is better and cushier than stock. How can that be if they slightly lower the car and the spring rates are stiffer than stock? I could understand better handling etc but how can it be softer and smoother ? I was prob going to go with the Mountunes my self just curious

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Ok guys those of you with the mountunes are saying ride is better and cushier than stock. How can that be if they slightly lower the car and the spring rates are stiffer than stock? I could understand better handling etc but how can it be softer and smoother ? I was prob going to go with the Mountunes my self just curious
I personally don't think the mountunes are cushier, just a little better balanced than the stockers. They seem to work well with the factory struts and shocks.

That's kinda what I was thinking. I figured there really couldn't be a softer ride with stiffer springs.. Don't really feel like spending for coil overs right off the bat so prob just going to throw a set of mountunes on and run it.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
It is because of the dual taper/progressive wind of the spring.
Under normal driving they are a little softer.
However as you push into them, they get stiffer.

Dave

Really thinking I might go with H&R. Wholesale pricing is hard to pass up. But the ride of the Mountune springs seems equally hard to pass up. Are the Eibachs the softest of the spring options?

anybody know the spring rate for the h&r super street springs?
Tirerack shows them fitting 2014 fiestas but doesnt specifically say the ST. I checked their Street springs and the model number is the same for st and non-st..
i tried googling to no result.
hopefully they will install fine. i will find out next weekend.

i know they might max out the factory struts, but i will address that later on.

Edit: i was initially wanting to go with sportlines but couldn't find them anywhere so i settled on the H&R super street. roughly the same drop.

i will not be tracking the car or anything. just my fun daily