Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Really? Thanks man. Any idea how long the sale is for? And can't wait to see the photos and get your impressions
This is the day I installed the springs(Mountunes), I am not sure if I will get any settling out of them. As for the ride it feels better for me. The rebound seems not as quick and jolty as before. When you get on the gas the rear springs do a great job of not compressing as much as stock, so it feels more planted and the front end doesn't lift as much. Here are my measurements before and after taken from the center of the wheel to the bottom of the fender. Front left/right 13 5/8", after 12 6/8"(3/4"). Rear left/right 13 1/8", after 12 6/8"(3/4"). Now just to wait for my wheels to come in. I am going with a 215/40-17 which is about .3" taller than stock. This will fill in the wheel well a bit more.

Attachments

LT Berzerker

I would love an update after a few days of driving, how's the ride compared to stock? I plan on installing the Cobb springs in a few weeks. What size wheels and tires are you running? Thanks!
Really digging the ride! Nice and smooth, less choppy, feels more like your riding a wave than the rumble strip feeling that the stick springs give. Much improved, that's even considering I'm running 205s on and 8" wide wheel with a much more aggressive offset than most (+38)... Will be going up to a 215/40 so that should help even more... Between the wheels and springs the car is amazingly flat and responsive without being harsh in the least!

LT Berzerker

Really digging the ride! Nice and smooth, less choppy, feels more like your riding a wave than the rumble strip feeling that the stick springs give. Much improved, that's even considering I'm running 205s on and 8" wide wheel with a much more aggressive offset than most (+38)... Will be going up to a 215/40 so that should help even more... Between the wheels and springs the car is amazingly flat and responsive without being harsh in the least!

LT Berzerker

Anyway we can get more photos? Side shots, rear shots, close fender to show off the offset shots?? Haha.
Tomorrow I'll try and get some :) will be driving 3hrs tonight and losing the sun before I can snap some with my phone

LT Berzerker

4mm = 1/4" pretty close by my account. Not worth running spacers for that much.
You also need figure in another 12.7mm for the difference in the wheel width...

17x7 vs 17x8 if offset is equal the 8 will be 1/2" (12.7mm) further towards the suspension & fender... (1" is 25.4mm)

So you'd need 4mm + 12.7mm = a spacer of 16.7mm to give the same distance from the fender as what I have...

They are on the car now and I quite like the way it's sitting right now. So glad I went with the TD, they look really good on our cars. I will be adding 5mm spacers in the future but springs are next in line.

You also need figure in another 12.7mm for the difference in the wheel width...

17x7 vs 17x8 if offset is equal the 8 will be 1/2" (12.7mm) further towards the suspension & fender... (1" is 25.4mm)

So you'd need 4mm + 12.7mm = a spacer of 16.7mm to give the same distance from the fender as what I have...
You are right I missed the 8" width. So its closer to 1/2. Meh, I still wouldn't run a spacer for that amount.

Young L

meh, so i went with the H&R springs since they are cheaper to get them here in Germany for obvious reasons and OZ leggenda wheels also, again cheaper than getting anything from the states.

For those running 8" wide wheels on cobb springs, are you getting any rubbing? Before my fiesta I had a Jetta which was very low and rubbed all over the place. I do not want to go anywhere near that road again.

Edit for some more info: I've pretty much decided on the 15x8 et35 pro race 1.2 with cobb springs and want to avoid rubbing in even the most extreme circumstances. Will this combo provide that?