Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

danbfree

3000 Post Club
ST springs are $225 and I have a 5% discount code for forum members
Mountune and Eibach = about the same / aside from color logo and price. MFG being the same.
Swift is $314
Thanks Ron, you're the man! Appreciate all the nice comments on the FB groups too! What do you recommend for best ride quality?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
That's interesting that you will only get them for those shocks. Forgive me if I am wrong, but aren't those springs only designed to function correctly with stock 14-15 shocks? I wonder if [MENTION=5976]ron@whoosh[/MENTION] has any comments on how these function...I know he has commented on these springs in the past and I think he has a 17 ST.
The Koni Sports are adjustable for rebound, so at least that can be set to the Swift springs, but yes, IF the set compression valving (or the lowest rebound setting) of the Konis is WAY OFF of what the Swifts were 'built to'/rated for, it will not be ideal.

WHY I am still tempted to wait for the GC setup, where I can use ANY coil over spring rate, (and linear rate coil over spring manufacturer, INCLUDING Swift's coil over springs) I desire to match to the Koni's compression valving, for the fronts at least. ;)

Just as a note/opinion; I don't think that Ford changed the damper valving all that radically between the older ones and the revised latter ones, or at least not far enough out of the range of the Swift springs so as to cause actual damage to either the spring, or the damper.
So at least in that respect, yes, the Spec R springs will probably be just fine on the '17 and up factory dampers, even long term, or until the factory dampers just plain old 'wear out'.

IF anyone is still worried about this, a call to Swift's tech department would quell any concerns. [wink]

Adub

The Koni Sports are adjustable for rebound, so at least that can be set to the Swift springs, but yes, IF the set compression valving (or the lowest rebound setting) of the Konis is WAY OFF of what the Swifts were 'built to'/rated for, it will not be ideal.

WHY I am still tempted to wait for the GC setup, where I can use ANY coil over spring rate, (and linear rate coil over spring manufacturer, INCLUDING Swift's coil over springs) I desire to match to the Koni's compression valving, for the fronts at least. ;)

Just as a note/opinion; I don't think that Ford changed the damper valving all that radically between the older ones and the revised latter ones, or at least not far enough out of the range of the Swift springs so as to cause actual damage to either the spring, or the damper.
So at least in that respect, yes, the Spec R springs will probably be just fine on the '17 and up factory dampers, even long term, or until the factory dampers just plain old 'wear out'.

IF anyone is still worried about this, a call to Swift's tech department would quell any concerns. [wink]
Ha I did just that this morning. I spoke with a swift tech and he said that they have already tested them with the new shocks and found that no modifications were needed to the existing swift spec-r springs. SO case closed.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thanks Ron, you're the man! Appreciate all the nice comments on the FB groups too! What do you recommend for best ride quality?
thanks
you will have to go off the members here
my personal experiences have only been stock to H&R springs to K-Sport coilovers so far but I am about to spring for something new so stay tuned for that~!

but from customer feedback

handling - Swift all the way with a really good stance
best drop - H&R Super Sports
best overall ride and drop with a great price - Eibach

the forgotten stepchild that probably doesn't get enough credit but should be more widely known - ST Suspensions

coilovers - whole different story and price category

thanks
you will have to go off the members here
my personal experiences have only been stock to H&R springs to K-Sport coilovers so far but I am about to spring for something new so stay tuned for that~!

but from customer feedback

handling - Swift all the way with a really good stance
best drop - H&R Super Sports
best overall ride and drop with a great price - Eibach

the forgotten stepchild that probably doesn't get enough credit but should be more widely known - ST Suspensions

coilovers - whole different story and price category
My 16 is lowered on Swift Spec R springs and having had everyone of the springs posted over the decades old Cd modified my dozens of cars I’ve owned, Swift is the Number One all time badass suspension component.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The handling with the Swift's is absolutely incredible over stock. I can't say I've run any other springs, but man that swap over really helped the handling a lot.

LILIKE16ST

The changes have been mininal. They slightly tweaked a couple things but the swifts will work fine on later models I think you guys are way over thinking this. Mine has a build date if 1/16 and I've read 2/16 is when they started making the changes to suspension so mine should have the older setup according to that and mine perform flawlessly. The very slight changes to the suspension won't be enough to make the swift springs not work great with the stock shocks on later models and I'm not surprised to see that the swift reps themselves back up what I just said. Like I said guys don't overthink it. This car has a really easy suspension to work on so if you gotta go back in later and replace the shocks so be it that's what I'm going to do. I highly doubt the differences between earlier and later FiSTs is going to make the stock dampers on later ones take a dump any faster when paired with swifts than on the earlier models. Once you get these springs you'll be kicking yourself for not doing it sooner. Much better stance little less bounciness and I don't find the ride any more harsh than it already was and body roll is greatly reduced I love mine. Just get them already and thank me later

danbfree

3000 Post Club
So what's the deal with the late '16 and up suspension tweaks where people are having uneven spacing on different wheels after installing springs? Apparently the newer ones have different spring seat/mounting spots? Also, still interested in progressive springs, they help handling some and ride a bit, but looks like all 3 major brands in progressive (Eibach, Mountune and Cobb) all are made by Eibach? And while I know apparently Eibach makes them different for each brand I don't know the differences. I'm just looking for something a little more forgiving for small road imperfections while improving looks and handling some as well...

LILIKE16ST

So what's the deal with the late '16 and up suspension tweaks where people are having uneven spacing on different wheels after installing springs? Apparently the newer ones have different spring seat/mounting spots? Also, still interested in progressive springs, they help handling some and ride a bit, but looks like all 3 major brands in progressive (Eibach, Mountune and Cobb) all are made by Eibach? And while I know apparently Eibach makes them different for each brand I don't know the differences. I'm just looking for something a little more forgiving for small road imperfections while improving looks and handling some as well...
This is the first I've heard of later suspensions having trouble when installing springs. I too would be interested in hearing more about this.

anticon

I have a 2017 and I just installed a set of Swift Spec-R's (not progressive) and Bilstein B8 shocks, I didn't wind up with uneven spacing. Based on the install videos I watched, everything was in the same place. My initial impression was the ride felt better than stock, but I kind of feel like it's a little bouncy now. I definitely like the looks better though.

SST

I have a 2017 and I just installed a set of Swift Spec-R's (not progressive) and Bilstein B8 shocks, I didn't wind up with uneven spacing. Based on the install videos I watched, everything was in the same place. My initial impression was the ride felt better than stock, but I kind of feel like it's a little bouncy now. I definitely like the looks better though.
bouncy as in harsh? I am thinking what spring to pair with B8, any spring rate info for Swift? can't seem to find it through the first 5 pages.

anticon

SST

so you don't notice the bouncy anymore?

anybody knows the spring rate for H&R sports?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Swift spec r springs ARE progressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Actually they are LINEAR as per the Swift tech s themselves.
Those closely bunched, progressive looking coils are actually a built-in, low rate/low tension, 'tender spring', to keep the whole thing from falling out of place when the suspension is in 'full droop' (as in flying over a big 'yump' with all four wheels off of the ground). [wink]