Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MBRP 409 Stainless 3" Exhaust Install and Interior Audio Clip

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Well damn. Maybe my car didn't come with all the right stuff. My mid-chassis brace (the brace right after the resonator) is completely flat against the car. While yours, ISO, has bolts spacing it away from the car giving you clearance. Take a look at your first post ISO and you'll see the nuts that space the brace away from the car. Interesting that I don't have them. Anyway, I've posted in Pierce Motorsports brace thread to see if they can whip something up.

Young L

I added a couple of washers the other day since it was rubbing just a little bit on the back side of that chassis brace. Surprisingly it i noticed that it took out some of the initial hit of the drone so its more flat drone now when Im in the 3-4k range.

OP
I

iso100

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #109
Well damn. Maybe my car didn't come with all the right stuff. My mid-chassis brace (the brace right after the resonator) is completely flat against the car. While yours, ISO, has bolts spacing it away from the car giving you clearance. Take a look at your first post ISO and you'll see the nuts that space the brace away from the car. Interesting that I don't have them. Anyway, I've posted in Pierce Motorsports brace thread to see if they can whip something up.
No spacers or washers. It was just loose with the nuts on the studs until after we finished tightening everything else. Those photos just show loose nuts and the brace sitting on them.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
ISO: ah, ok.

Young L: so you were knocking against it too, huh? Glad it wasn't just me. I could throw a couple washers under there, but I'm concerned about the studs.

Young L

still had plenty of space left on the threads, just use a thick enough washer to get you the clearance you need

I haven't had a chance to jack up the car today. I'll get it on a hoist at work tomorrow and take shots then

Here is the picture....finally. It is close to the bracket now that it has settled a little...I'll fix that. Still doesn't hit though

OP
I

iso100

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #117
I've had mine on for a few thousand miles and I have no rubbing.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Interesting. I wonder if the fitment difference lies in the DP manufacturer. At any rate, I believe there may be a solution/chassis enhancing option coming in future months.

OP
I

iso100

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #119
Interesting. I wonder if the fitment difference lies in the DP manufacturer. At any rate, I believe there may be a solution/chassis enhancing option coming in future months.
That makes sense. I'm running the stock downpipe still.

no-pistons

Has anybody installed a catless downpipe after installing their MBRP exhaust? Any reduction in drone? I remember reading somewhere a while back that it may.