Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MBRP 409 Stainless 3" Exhaust Install and Interior Audio Clip

Question for the group. I picked up the MBRP from a CL sale , got it hooked up and damn it's loud. One thing I noticed is that the pipe actually touches(lays) on the mid support brace. I've tried adjusting the pipes to prevent that but to no avail. Is this normal? Not? Need to use a little more muscle or something?

Question for the group. I picked up the MBRP from a CL sale , got it hooked up and damn it's loud. One thing I noticed is that the pipe actually touches(lays) on the mid support brace. I've tried adjusting the pipes to prevent that but to no avail. Is this normal? Not? Need to use a little more muscle or something?
Normal, some people remove the brace. I just added washers to it.

OP
I

iso100

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #143
I've seen others complain of this but mine has never rubbed anywhere. Here's the clearance I had when I installed it:

OP
I

iso100

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #144
Another angle:

Edit: This might be before we got everything hung and tightened properly. Now that I look at this one, I can see it's resting there. We rotated the front section so that it pulled everything closer to the body of the car.

OP
I

iso100

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #147
So any updates on reliablity? Drone? Does it always rub against the brace? Thinking of this or the FSWerks
I have no issues with reliability on mine. Drone hasn't changed since the first 1k of having it installed. Yes, it's a loud exhaust. Also, mine has never rubbed against the brace.

I have no issues with reliability on mine. Drone hasn't changed since the first 1k of having it installed. Yes, it's a loud exhaust. Also, mine has never rubbed against the brace.
Awesome, did you ever have it with the stock DP? I've been trying to find a video of it with stock DP but I just cant, I'm wondering if that will shut the drone up a bit.

OP
I

iso100

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #151
Thank you! What would you say the drone is like? Is it just super bass heavy at around 3k rpm?
From about 2800 to 3400 the volume increases greatly. With windows up and all interior bits in place it's not horrible. With windows down in a parking garage is orgasmic.

BTW I have about 20k miles on this exhaust so far.

From about 2800 to 3400 the volume increases greatly. With windows up and all interior bits in place it's not horrible. With windows down in a parking garage is orgasmic.

BTW I have about 20k miles on this exhaust so far.
So right in the band where my car growls now...it will get louder? I think my mind has been made up...

OP
I

iso100

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #153
So right in the band where my car growls now...it will get louder? I think my mind has been made up...
Pretty much. Of course exhaust sound is very subjective and hard to describe in ways everyone understands. Would really need a ridealong.

Also, it's worth mentioning that when I got my DP installed I had the front section of the MBRP muffler cut off and a proper 3" inlet and flange added. There's no longer a 2.25" restriction.

Pretty much. Of course exhaust sound is very subjective and hard to describe in ways everyone understands. Would really need a ridealong.

Also, it's worth mentioning that when I got my DP installed I had the front section of the MBRP muffler cut off and a proper 3" inlet and flange added. There's no longer a 2.25" restriction.
Ok, I'm sticking with the stock DP so I should be OK, thank you for all your help!

The tips are a bitch to align. Just take your time. I rushed it, and now I have to go back and realign them. Other than that, it's smooth sailing.
Ok, should I get everything else tightened down, and once the other pipes are secure put the tips on? Or put it all on and adjust every section as it gets tightened?

grnmachine02

Ok, should I get everything else tightened down, and once the other pipes are secure put the tips on? Or put it all on and adjust every section as it gets tightened?
The fact that the tips are separate from the rest of the system makes it difficult. So you spend the time aligning the system, then you have to align the tips to the system and the hole in the bumper. It's not difficult really, it's just time consuming.

It was a bit frustrating for me, but then again I have very limited patience.

I went back to front. It's just the way I've always done it.

The fact that the tips are separate from the rest of the system makes it difficult. So you spend the time aligning the system, then you have to align the tips to the system and the hole in the bumper. It's not difficult really, it's just time consuming.

It was a bit frustrating for me, but then again I have very limited patience.

I went back to front. It's just the way I've always done it.
That's how I was planning to do it, first time doing an exhaust so I want to get it right. I just hope I'll have the patience for it haha