Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MBRP 409 Stainless 3" Exhaust Install and Interior Audio Clip

For the OP or any one with a MBRP do your tips hang some what low ? Or close to the top of the bumper mine look low

So uh...holy shit the noises this thing makes are intoxicating. I made sure it didn't rub against the mid brace, and I'm going to check everything in a few days to make sure it's all kosher

Glad you got it on! How'd the tips treat you? Does yours also have the weird loud spot between 2-3k rpm?
The real bad part was the extension after the muffler, and just keeping that clear of the mid brace. I do have the loud spot but mines at like 3500 rpm with like 25% throttle. I was happy with how the tips looked last night...well see how I feel when I can see them in the daylight haha

Mine seemed to clear, but for peace of mind I still might space it.

glad it all worked out for you though!
Thanks man, and the washer aren't that bad of an idea. I'm going to try and do the diy symposer delete because I think that's why it is a bit loud from 2.5-3.5k rpm

grnmachine02

Nice. I hope it helps, although seeing as it does it on deccel as well....I don't know. I need to delete the symposer either way though.

True, I don't find the decel nearly as bad as when it's accelerating though, if it doesn't help much I might get some sound insulating for the trunk from RAAM and then in sure it will be fine

grnmachine02

So I've been doing some science (I use that term very loosely)

First thing in the morning, exhaust is quiet (aside from high idle) So quiet in fact, that sometimes it sounds like the stock exhaust is back on. As the exhaust heats up, it gets louder and louder, then eventually begins to have that boomy drone. I wonder if the exhaust is heating up and expanding enough to contact something under the car?

I'll report back.

Edit:// I was wrong.

So I've been doing some science (I use that term very loosely)

First thing in the morning, exhaust is quiet (aside from high idle) So quiet in fact, that sometimes it sounds like the stock exhaust is back on. As the exhaust heats up, it gets louder and louder, then eventually begins to have that boomy drone. I wonder if the exhaust is heating up and expanding enough to contact something under the car?

I'll report back.

Edit:// I was wrong.
I was gonna say, doing some quick math with some numbers I found online, (5.5E-6 in/in/f for T409, Change in T= 250* [50*-300*] as a generous assumption) The OD would only expand to 3.004125in.

Drone for me is only really bad in 2nd when it hits overboost, now this is only a problem when commuting because when your on it you hear no drone, just that engine singing. I'm still not happy with how my pipes are so I'm going to adjust them again hopefully tonight, but making sure everything is straight seems to really help. Plus I've got about 500mi on mine so far and now that its a bit more broken it it seems to get better. That being said the tips have a fair amount of soot, so on the backfires I hear I think it actually is spitting fire....that makes all the downsides OK IMHO.

grnmachine02

I have to delete the symposer and see where that gets me. The boominess is starting to annoy me, and I'm already deaf in one ear.

Worst case scenario I have an old vibrant ultra quiet resonator from an old car build that I can weld in.