Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

257-HP Toyota GR Corolla Turbocharged Hot Hatch Is Coming

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Last edited:

Business6

Honestly that's hardly a jump up from an optioned Corolla hatch as it is.

Have you seen new car pricing? The FiST (and some others) was the last time we'll be seeing a sub $25k performance-oriented car for the foreseeable future.

And don't forget that people scoffed at the idea of paying $25-30k for a FoST and $40k+ for the FoRS before dealer markups. At least Toyota has a reputation for build quality and more reasonable depreciation which sure as shit can't be said for Ford. There's more value here with a hopped up Corolla.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Honestly that's hardly a jump up from an optioned Corolla hatch as it is.

Have you seen new car pricing? The FiST (and some others) was the last time we'll be seeing a sub $25k performance-oriented car for the foreseeable future.

And don't forget that people scoffed at the idea of paying $25-30k for a FoST and $40k+ for the FoRS before dealer markups. At least Toyota has a reputation for build quality and more reasonable depreciation which sure as shit can't be said for Ford. There's more value here with a hopped up Corolla.
LOL!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I'll be glad if this comes. I'm not saying I would get one, but it's nice to have another decent high performance option out there that's at least somewhat similar to our car. It's upsetting to me that if mine gets totaled I can't go out and buy a new one.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Looks like we will never get a true rally version of anything here. Wasn't suby wrx the only one that was true to model line so far?
Ever since the WRC went to the 'kit car' formula, and do not require the manufacturers to homologate (i.e.; BUILD a given number of) specific models with AWD and turbo, there really is no such thing as a street, and purchasable by the public, 'true rally version' of anything anymore. [:(]

Since the competing manufacturers now do not have to offer the car in it's basic rally form to the public anymore, just take one of their base econoboxes, and then add an approved, rules meeting AWD/turbo/mods 'kit' to that.

Even back when Scoobie first got into the WRC seriously, they did not offer the (2B??) 2 door version of the Imprezza in WRX STI trim HERE, only the naturally aspirated 2.5 RS AWD version.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Ever since the WRC went to the 'kit car' formula, and do not require the manufacturers to homologate (i.e.; BUILD a given number of) specific models with AWD and turbo, there really is no such thing as a street, and purchasable by the public, 'true rally version' of anything anymore. [:(]

Since the competing manufacturers now do not have to offer the car in it's basic rally form to the public anymore, just take one of their base econoboxes, and then add an approved, rules meeting AWD/turbo/mods 'kit' to that.

Even back when Scoobie first got into the WRC seriously, they did not offer the (2B??) 2 door version of the Imprezza in WRX STI trim HERE, only the naturally aspirated 2.5 RS AWD version.
Those were actually really nice cars too. I think modern WRX’s are just ugly not worth purchasing overweight pieces.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Those were actually really nice cars too. I think modern WRX’s are just ugly not worth purchasing overweight pieces.
Vermont Sports Car (or Prodrive WEST as I like to call them!) actually does a GREAT job on prepping those current, 'overweight sedans' to compete in the ARA series' open class here, but yeah, I know what you are saying. [wink]

It looks like a Toyota version of a Focus ST, to me. Prices are about in line with the formula.
It is Toyota's bid to steal some of Volkswagens share of the market. Or at least stem the tide of buyers who are considering a move to Volkswagen. Even though it won't be a volume product, seems like a good idea to me.

Last edited: