Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Nav/Radio/Display died on me today

TheStig

Tick under 13k miles and today the Nav screen on my Fiesta was blacked out when i got in it after work. Tried to turn it on and off a couple of times, power button, voice controls, nothing would work at all.

Took it to the local Ford Dealer and after an hour of troubleshooting they mentioned the main control module (brain box) is done and the part was ordered but wont be in until Monday.

So now i have no navigation, no radio, no blue tooth, and who knows what else i use that thing for that hasnt dawned on me yet for upwards of a week. I realize that electrical components can fail but this is a bit ridiculous. Has anyone else had this issue or am i the "lucky" one?

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Tick under 13k miles and today the Nav screen on my Fiesta was blacked out when i got in it after work. Tried to turn it on and off a couple of times, power button, voice controls, nothing would work at all.

Took it to the local Ford Dealer and after an hour of troubleshooting they mentioned the main control module (brain box) is done and the part was ordered but wont be in until Monday.

So now i have no navigation, no radio, no blue tooth, and who knows what else i use that thing for that hasnt dawned on me yet for upwards of a week. I realize that electrical components can fail but this is a bit ridiculous. Has anyone else had this issue or am i the "lucky" one?
Whoa, thats a weird issue! Glad they will be taking care of you

OP
TheStig

TheStig

Thread Starter #3
Whoa, thats a weird issue! Glad they will be taking care of you
I am glad they are taking care of me too, just a bit miffed that ill be driving around in my 2014 FiST with a boom box in the passenger seat so the voices in my head dont cause me to pit maneuver every stupid driver.

I drive upwards of 300 miles a week sometimes more, thats alot of "quiet time" lol

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Things happen, at least they are taking care of it.

OP
TheStig

TheStig

Thread Starter #5
Things happen, at least they are taking care of it.
Yessir! Not nearly as bad as when my moms BRZ (one of the first in AZ) had the ECU throw codes after only 500 miles and they couldnt get a replacement for 3 weeks. She was without cruise control for alot of miles lol

JPGC

2000 Post Club
I am glad they are taking care of me too, just a bit miffed that ill be driving around in my 2014 FiST with a boom box in the passenger seat so the voices in my head dont cause me to pit maneuver every stupid driver.

I drive upwards of 300 miles a week sometimes more, thats alot of "quiet time" lol
Oh come on, it's like the good old days when someone is young and can't afford a stereo in the $500 car they just bought. You just get the boom box from the house and use batteries or wire it up, lol

me32

1000 Post Club
You may be the 1st to have this issue. Sorry to hear

OP
TheStig

TheStig

Thread Starter #8
You may be the 1st to have this issue. Sorry to hear
It would seem so lol

Guy at the dealer hadnt seen that screen completely go out on any Fiesta (ST or otherwise)

Mine is starting to act up, and just got this new a few weeks ago (to replace my totalled one, damn hit & run driver!!!!!). Will start the car up, Synch will lock up hard. Turning the car off and on a few times, still blank screen. Then suddenly the Synch will start up saying it is in maintenance mode with a bar moving across the bottom. Finally will come back on. This is crazy!

me32

1000 Post Club
Mine is starting to act up, and just got this new a few weeks ago (to replace my totalled one, damn hit & run driver!!!!!). Will start the car up, Synch will lock up hard. Turning the car off and on a few times, still blank screen. Then suddenly the Synch will start up saying it is in maintenance mode with a bar moving across the bottom. Finally will come back on. This is crazy!
Take it back to the dealer

OP
TheStig

TheStig

Thread Starter #12
fordparts.jpg

The part(s) that failed appear to be 14D212A and 14D212B. (paperwork says 14D212-CB, which on Ford Parts does not exist)

I could not get a price for what they cost, but it was replaced today within about an hour and a half at a not-so-busy dealer on a saturday morning.

Sadly i did lose my nav settings and addresses but i kept my pre-sets for my radio and such. Im just happy to have radio again.