Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Why a FiST?

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
That sounds like an awesome deal. I definitely need to go to the dealership and check that out.

OP
Slimer
Thread Starter #22
As for the Extended warranty it gives you bumper to bumper for 75K miles or 72months, which ever comes first, whats included in this warranty? ALMOST EVERYTHING, every component of Engine and Transmission, Cooling system, AC system, Electronics in the car including moon roof and such, the list had over 3000 parts, there is a small portion that is not included like tires, breaks, rotors, belts the stuff that wears down.

Thats where the Maintenance plan comes in, so for 75K or 72months all I have to do is put gas in it and replace the tires. Everything else is included, oil changes, belts, AC recharge, BREAK PADS and ROTORS!, Tune ups, Spark plugs, ect. Basically with the Extended warrant and the maintance plan I don't have to worry about a thing other than Tires and Glass. I have glass coverage under my insurance so really Tires is it.

One thing to keep in mind, its easy to void the warranty if you plan to install performance parts in the car. So I don't plan to modify this beast until I'm out of warranty and maintenance plan. And I have no problem with that since the car is plenty fast for me and a blast to drive right off the lot.
I didn't get the extended but I did get the maintenance package. The dealer even threw in free tire replacement for one year! I can tell you for sure that the Potenzas will be done before I park it for the winter. 4200km and I have about 30% left on the fronts and 70% on the rears. I will be rotating them myself this weekend but the Bridgstones do not last.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Yeah I'll definitely be replacing my stocks next year. They only 11k on mine. I just picked up a set of winter tires and wheels so I'm good though. I really need to look into that maintenance plan. It sounds completely worth it.

I had 2013 mazdaspeed 3, got into an accident and it got written off, after a few months i thought i could without a fun car but i was wrong and bought a 2015 fiesta st!

airjor13

2000 Post Club
I was all set to pick up the Focus ST, until I test-drove an Fiesta ST. That's all it took

I traded in my 2014 mustang gt for my FiSt last weekend. I loved the mustang, but the payments were making it a painfully slow process to do anything fun with. The car I had, and loved for 3 years before the mustang, was a 1986 MR2. I loved the light, agile go kart feel of it and wanted something similar. I drove an mx-5 and hated everything about it. I drove a Cooper S and liked it, but didn't want to pay BMW repair costs and the interior was too gimmicky. I priced out a FoSt and I may as well have kept the mustang. But then a dealer finally got a FiSt in stock and I jumped on it. It was a bare bones model, but I got the same ear to ear grin I had with my MR2. I had to have it. They tracked down one in white with recaros and ordered it in for me. I picked it up Friday and it's the best decision I've ever made. Molten orange recaros, nav, sunroof, the works. I love it.

I also had the 86 mr2. Great car, it just needed the supercharger of the 89 to make it faster. Enjoy the new FiST, and good color choice.

I also had the 86 mr2. Great car, it just needed the supercharger of the 89 to make it faster. Enjoy the new FiST, and good color choice.
It was perfect without the supercharger. The week after I got it, I took it to an auto-x event. With 4 blown struts and mismatched/staggered tires (one was even cording), I was making a brand new Porsche Boxster S really nervous. I can't wait to get the FiSt out to kill some cones and see what happens.

If you've driven one, you don't really need to ask why anymore. lol

For me, the FiST was a downsize. I took a big fat check, and a new FiST in exchange for my previous ride. It was cheaper to purchase, it's cheaper to insure, it's great on gas, practical... yet it is still an unmatched amount of fun to be had at it's price point. (And well beyond it's price point.)

I purchased mine without a drive, as they were not available anywhere yet.. (pre order).. so I can't blame the test-drive. I test drove a lot of vehicles, and the closest I got to test-driving the FiST was taking a FoST out for a spin and a regular Fiesta titanium back to back..... With the sporty power in the FoST and the amazingly fun dimensions/handling in the Fiesta.... I was absolutely certain the FiST was a no brainer.

Mostly, the FiST just fit the bill of all the criteria I was looking for, with the added bonus of not costing me any fun/excitement. Coming from 2 performance vehicles with over 400 HP each, I needed something that would still be exciting. I don't think the enthusiast in me could survive with a mere appliance.

After over a year of ownership, it has been my favorite automotive purchase, and the most enjoyable to own.... For less than half the cost of any of my previous purchases.

I'm honestly surprised they don't sell more. There's no other bargain on par with a FiST.

I googled "hot hatch" about 7 million times.

VW too expensive
I hate Subaru
The Forte5 just was more of a "warm" hatch (although it was nice)
Sonic... meh. AND not one single dealer had it in manual for me to try out
Fit... chick car
FoST too big

The only decision I had to make was the ST or the 1.0L.

I made the right choice. Not a doubt in my mind. And I traded a BMW 135i in on the car.

I really like tiny cars, with turbos. Plus, my kid has an FRS, so I get to drive that whenever I wants.

test drove the fost, wasn't small enough.

Am loving the fist

Because of reasons. Smile inducing easily moddable eager to please five door reasons. FRS drivers all look so serious, they must not have a lot of fun.

I actually wasn't looking for a sporty car when I started car shopping. My criteria was something small, new, manual, under 20k, and fun to drive. I shopped Kia, Hyundai, Ford, the CRZ, and the Mazda3. It ultimately boiled down to the CRZ and the Fiesta and Focus. I loved loved loved the looks of the CRZ, but unfortunately I learned it was a 2 seater. Since I needed something that could haul the kids in case we ever need to put my wife's car in the shop, it was out. For the Fords, I just felt I could get more bang for my buck in options in the Fiesta, so I settled on that in either regular trim with the convenience package or the SFE Ecoboost.

Fast forward a few months. We've been working hard on paying off credit card debt and getting my wife's car paid off early. After reviewing our budget, I discover that I can afford closer to 25k for a car. I instantly decided on the FiST. To make sure was being thorough, I rechecked what was available in my new price range. I shopped the Veloster turbo, FoST, and Kia Forte. After just reading reviews, the Veloster and Forte were out since I could tell that they wouldn't give me the fun factor and value I knew I could get with the FiST (I had already test driven one at this point). I looked really hard at the FoST, but ultimately I found the options I wanted would've put it out of my price range.

sorry to bump an old thread.

New member here. Why I chose the FiST...

Well, I had to give up my STi in order to fit 2 car seats in the back. Although, my wife had a tribute, we just couldn't work it out. I bought a GS. I thought I'd have a go at a VIP build, but I never saw it through. I didn't feel attached to it like my previous cars and the passion wasn't there. With both kiddos in boosters now, I thought it was time to get into another smaller fun car. My new job also had a longer commute, and although the V8 got better mileage than the subie, I thought I'd shop for something more economical. I was initially shopping for an evo. But I found very little on the market, and they were listed too high. I was lenient on the "good on gas" part. My attention switched to the jetta TDI. I started shopping around, but again found few on the market that I felt were worth the price. There's plenty of lower trims but I was after a highline, and most had plenty of kms on them. My criteria became small; manual; good on gas; tunable. Then I saw a fiesta ST parked and I remembered all the reviews I've seen online. There's not very many in my area (Milton) so I never thought to compare. I've honestly only seen 2 in my travels. So, started lurking on forums, test drove one, then I bought it. Oxford White 2015 with 0% financing. Worked out cheaper than going used, and got free winter tires on steelies, with tpms too. Hard to beat really. It was a no brainer for me. I'm back in boost!

Well, I've owned A LOT of cars and bikes since 1995 (I'm old). Everything from Ninja's to Sti's, everything from FWD, AWD, and RWD. Some stock, some NOT so stock and one built. My commute to work became 160kms each day and I was in the market for a "commuter" car. I looked into Mazda2's, Nissan Micra's, Hyundai Accents, Mirage etc...the smaller fuel efficient cars. Then I drove them, small, soft and weak! I said fuck it, I'll try something one step up, I found out that the Kia Forte came in a Hatch Turbo model and actually was ready to buy one(2015) but they could not find one in Ontario at the time and that was the end of that.

Then we were going on vacation and I thought, maybe I should try a domestic so I googled and youtubed stuff and came across the Fiesta...for days before we left for vacation, all I was doing was watching any and probably all videos and articles on the FiST. On the day we left, I emailed the local dealership and basically bought my FiST through email and by phone without ever having driven or seen the car in person. Picked it up a week after we came back from vacation.

Love it thus far, it's surprisingly GREAT in the snow and with mostly highway mileage, I get about 40mpg ( I cruise at 105), but occasionally get the car above 200 :), we live in the country now! So far no issues as I have about 26k kms on my 7 month old car already :)

DaveG99

Fun, efficient, quick, economical, cheap, did I say fun? And I only paid $20,700 with nav, sunroof, and black wheels. Super cheap for what you get