Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Why a FiST?

Hey,
Im new to the forum so if this topic has been created already please forgive me.

So we all spent in the ballpark or $25-30,000 on our FiST. Given the options of cars available at that price point I am curious, why a FiST?
You could have had an FRS, a V6 Mustang, a Genesis, any number of used cars from the 350Z to Corvettes, Audis, BMWs to anything RHD from a boat yard in Japan.

I bought mine because there isn't another car as playful or as willing to be tossed about as the Fiesta.
4 doors and a car that begs you to go for more speed, Gs, or tail happy fun? Whats not to love?

Sound off!

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Let's see...I traded a 2011 Mustang GT for my FiST. I also have a 2013 Mustang in my driveway that my wife drives and that if I want to cure the Mustang fix, I can at any time. The FRS just doesn't appeal to me and I'm not a fan of Hyundai. To be honest, I like hatchbacks and I like small car that give the go cart feel when they are driven. The car is very entertaining to drive on a daily basis and I personally like the somewhat quirky look of the car.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
I bought mine because i wanted the smallest, lightest, practical affordable sports car that handled well with a decent amount of power. Was looking at a Honda Fit, Yaris, Mazda2, GTI, Miata, s2k, even a *gulp* Civic SI hatch. Till that one day last year I typed in google "smallest fastest subcompact car" and whaalaa the pic of the FiST popped up on I think it was motortrend. I was like WHAAAA!!!! I wanted a hatch more than anything and got what i wished for...

dyn085

2000 Post Club
I bought mine because I loved my FoST but wanted something lighter. Honestly I wanted the new MX-5, but I had decided that if I couldn't wait for it that I would probably end up in this. The reveal is tomorrow and I may cry a little.

I cross-shopped other comparable cars, but there was nothing that really sent me over the edge in wanting them-at least not until my FoST Recaro's were broken-in. That moment I knew I had to have those seats, so the next day I came home in the FiST.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I love hot hatches and had a Veloster Turbo last summer. Then my friend got a Fiesta ST and loved it. I've heard so many great things about it, I went right to the dealership, only having my Veloster for about 6 months max, test drove the FiST and bought it. Haven't regretted it at all.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
I love hot hatches and had a Veloster Turbo last summer. Then my friend got a Fiesta ST and loved it. I've heard so many great things about it, I went right to the dealership, only having my Veloster for about 6 months max, test drove the FiST and bought it. Haven't regretted it at all.
Did you lose money on the trade in?

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I did. They gave me a good trade in for the veloster which I was surprised about. They just added the leftover veloster payment to the final price of the fiesta. But it was all worth it.

Because I already have a Miata and needed something more practical, yet still fun

I wanted a lightweight, turbo hatchback with awesome tuned handling, factory recaro seats, painted some bright fun colour, and a cheap price.... so I bought an 88 I-Mark Turbo RS with the Lotus suspension pacakge, lol

After a year of wrenching on it, and buying/selling parts and even parts cars... I decided to go with something a little newer. Granted, the FiST weighs almost 700lbs more than my Isuzu!

love my FIST

I was looking for a hot hatch because for some reason, i just love the body style of a hatch. Ive owned 16 cars in my life and I'm only 26, never had a new car but loved the practicality and fun that a hatchback offeres. I was looking at the CRZ, EF hatches, Yaris, and a few others when I typed in BEST HATCH's, and the FIST was number one on all the lists. I saw that the ford dealerships in my area had a few so i drove out a few miles to test drive one. After the Drive I loved it! the sound, the power, and the general feel. I stepped out of that and stepped into a Focus ST, thinking i might like it better......NOPE, wasn't nearly as fun to drive. So i ended up driving off in 2015 FIST, without the Recaro seats, and haven't looked back once. Best car decision i have made, love this car.

OP
Slimer
Thread Starter #14
So i ended up driving off in 2015 FIST, without the Recaro seats, and haven't looked back once. Best car decision i have made, love this car.
How do you like the stock seats? I haven't seen one without the Recaros.
I'll admit the Recaros took some getting used to (I'm not little) but once they started to break in they feel like they were made for me.

How do you like the stock seats? I haven't seen one without the Recaros.
I'll admit the Recaros took some getting used to (I'm not little) but once they started to break in they feel like they were made for me.
You won't unless you go to the US either... all Fiesta ST's in Canada have the Recaro's as a standard option

I can't wait for mine to come in, the seats are awesome!

What options pack did you order? Nav? Moonroof? Or minimum?
I opted out of any extras on mine... I couldn't see myself using the Nav system, and I've never been a fan of sun/moon roofs... it adds like 40-70lbs to the top of the car, and I've just never had good luck with them, they always end up leaking on me at some point.

The stock seats are great, really good lumbar support too. When I walked onto the dealership they had two Fiesta ST's a white one and the tuxedo black, the white had Nav while the Black did not, and both did not have the Recaro seats. The seats were not a concern for me, especially at $2000. I spent that extra 2K on an extended warranty and maintenance plan "gas n go". I loved the tuxedo black especially how it looked in the sun so I drove off with that.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
The stock seats are great, really good lumbar support too. When I walked onto the dealership they had two Fiesta ST's a white one and the tuxedo black, the white had Nav while the Black did not, and both did not have the Recaro seats. The seats were not a concern for me, especially at $2000. I spent that extra 2K on an extended warranty and maintenance plan "gas n go". I loved the tuxedo black especially how it looked in the sun so I drove off with that.
What all goes into the gas and go program? And which extended warranty did you get? I didn't get one when I bought the car but I thought about going back and getting one.

As for the Extended warranty it gives you bumper to bumper for 75K miles or 72months, which ever comes first, whats included in this warranty? ALMOST EVERYTHING, every component of Engine and Transmission, Cooling system, AC system, Electronics in the car including moon roof and such, the list had over 3000 parts, there is a small portion that is not included like tires, breaks, rotors, belts the stuff that wears down.

Thats where the Maintenance plan comes in, so for 75K or 72months all I have to do is put gas in it and replace the tires. Everything else is included, oil changes, belts, AC recharge, BREAK PADS and ROTORS!, Tune ups, Spark plugs, ect. Basically with the Extended warrant and the maintance plan I don't have to worry about a thing other than Tires and Glass. I have glass coverage under my insurance so really Tires is it.

One thing to keep in mind, its easy to void the warranty if you plan to install performance parts in the car. So I don't plan to modify this beast until I'm out of warranty and maintenance plan. And I have no problem with that since the car is plenty fast for me and a blast to drive right off the lot.