Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which Fiesta ST Exhaust System did you purchase?

Which Fiesta ST Exhaust System did you purchase?

• 2J-Racing

Votes: 15 3.5%
  • Borla

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Cobb

Votes: 82 19.1%
  • Custom Performance Engineering

Votes: 27 6.3%
  • FSWerks

Votes: 37 8.6%
  • Magnaflow

Votes: 10 2.3%
  • MBRP

Votes: 82 19.1%
  • Milltek

Votes: 18 4.2%
  • MRT Rally Sport

Votes: 7 1.6%
  • Scorpian

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Injen

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • Modern Automotive Performance

Votes: 26 6.1%
  • Mountune

Votes: 36 8.4%
  • Custom

Votes: 16 3.7%
  • TSUDO

Votes: 10 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 40 9.3%

• Total voters

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
My bad, I meant the 2JR exhaust and downpipe. The FSWERKs is also 2.5" I agree, no difference between FDWERKs and Cobb as they are both 2.5"

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
So there wouldn't be a noticeable difference between cobb downpipe with cobb exhaust vs 2JR downpipe with cobb exhaust?

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
So there wouldn't be a noticeable difference between cobb downpipe with cobb exhaust vs 2JR downpipe with cobb exhaust?
I couldn't see any reason why there would be any measurable difference....both DP's have 3" dia inlet, 3" high flow cat, and flex pipe, and both would couple to Cobb's 2.5" catback....

I have the FSwerks exhaust with the stock downpipe/cat. Gotta stay H-street legal... I really like it. Very mellow/unnoticeable on the hwy, but gives a nice deep tone when you accelerate, and great little burbles and pops under engine braking.

I have the FSwerks exhaust with the stock downpipe/cat. Gotta stay H-street legal... I really like it. Very mellow/unnoticeable on the hwy, but gives a nice deep tone when you accelerate, and great little burbles and pops under engine braking.
Exactly why I'm looking at Cat back. Was thinking of having one fabbed with a burns muffler with thinner gauge 304 to save weight. The burns muffler's are SUPER light but they are almost 300-400 dollars just for the muffler. I was thinking the MBRP is it is 3 inch so if I do a downpipe in the future (when I move on to another Auto-X car) or the FSwerks as I can't justify the cobb even if it is pretty.

TheStig

The one thing to think about COBB, and i agree its expensive, it has the best support and is arguably built the best.

COBB parts have never let me down. Quality comes with a price, plus all the R&D behind it.

SPhilli911

I've got to go with Cobb. I had a turboback system from Cobb on my last car and it was just a very good, high quality product.

I'm not a fan of the sound though compared to the others. Either it is a bad recording or there are tones that aren't captured well....the others sound more throaty....more Abarth.

SPhilli911

I haven't pulled the trigger yet, its Cobb or FSwerks. Been watching videos at work all day, kinda wish I could hear them both in person. Price is also real good on that FSwerks one.

The price on the Fswerks is nice....so is the MBRP.

I'm going to put the FSwerks on my SVT Focus.

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
My build thread has a recording of my FSWERKs exhaust. I think it sounds as good as, if not better than the Cobb, the build quality is equal, same raw materials used in both cases. Only difference is the flange VS the overlapping tubes. Installation of either exhaust involves proper alignment with loose fits (partially tightened bolts). I use silicone lube to make sure the hangers can be easily installed. I start from the muffler and, and place a folded rag between the exhaust tip and the body, to locate it and center it. Then I start clamping from the downpipe, towards the muffler. After about a week, check your fasteners for looseness, and retighten, if necessary. The pipes will smoke due to lubricants used during forming, nothing to worry about. I wiped my exterior surfaces down with solvent to allow the nice purple patina to form, without fingerprint discoloration.

SPhilli911

Thanks for the input westcoaST, I checked out the video. It is a little hard to tell the difference between the FSwerks and the Cobb in terms of sound. Really comes down to that price difference I guess.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I have the 2J-Racing 3" CBE, currently with a stock DP.
I really like the sound and performance.
I also have several downpipes and currently using various parts of each to build a custom piece.

Dave

I went with the MBRP 304 type exhaust. Installed it last Friday, it maybe took 45-50 mins on a hoist.

It is fairly loud so if you are looking for a "quiet" performance exhaust this is probably not it. I like the sound a lot and it actually isn't loud/droney at highway speeds unless you are going over 80 up hill. It seems to have the most bark around 2400-3400, pretty happy with the purchase so far.

I went with the Miltek, superb quality, little weight reduction and barely louder than stock....not a fan of noisy exhausts...I even cringe when I hear them and turn to see if the culprit has an over the top rear wing on either an EVO or WRX......sorry for the stereotype....

I went with the Miltek, superb quality, little weight reduction and barely louder than stock....not a fan of noisy exhausts...I even cringe when I hear them and turn to see if the culprit has an over the top rear wing on either an EVO or WRX......sorry for the stereotype....
Did you notice any performance gain? Just curious here since I'm planning to upgrade my exhaust also.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
I am a Borla guy through and through (have a cat back system on my '10 Tundra and '01 4Runner) and I really enjoy the system on the FiST.

No drone but plenty of growl - driving around town I had another FiST pull up and inquire as to what exhaust I was running as he liked it. Good to know it sounds as good from behind as it does from inside!

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
And another comment on the Borla - I will have to get a sound clip as it sounds super raspy in the colder weather and I love the downshift turbo burps. So awesome.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
And another comment on the Borla - I will have to get a sound clip as it sounds super raspy in the colder weather and I love the downshift turbo burps. So awesome.
Lol i think everyone is raspy when its cold. And damn it is cold... Even the dog this morning was looking at me with worry about sticking to the ground.

Ford Community Posts