Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which Fiesta ST Exhaust System did you purchase?

Which Fiesta ST Exhaust System did you purchase?

• 2J-Racing

Votes: 15 3.5%
  • Borla

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Cobb

Votes: 82 19.1%
  • Custom Performance Engineering

Votes: 27 6.3%
  • FSWerks

Votes: 37 8.6%
  • Magnaflow

Votes: 10 2.3%
  • MBRP

Votes: 82 19.1%
  • Milltek

Votes: 18 4.2%
  • MRT Rally Sport

Votes: 7 1.6%
  • Scorpian

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Injen

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • Modern Automotive Performance

Votes: 26 6.1%
  • Mountune

Votes: 36 8.4%
  • Custom

Votes: 16 3.7%
  • TSUDO

Votes: 10 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 40 9.3%

• Total voters

maperformance

MAPerfomance's system sounds more natural to the 1.6 than any other system so far to me. Bonus on keeping it real and for numbers in your tune.

Can one order a quieter custom/longer resonator with this pre-order along with single wall/sing tip? Just give it a good coat of whatever high heat spray you have laying around.

;>
We build these on a jig, so we wouldn't be able to modify it very easily. The resonator probably wouldn't be an issue but I wouldn't want to swap out the tips.

What did you guys do with your old exhaust ? I made apointment at the local shop cause I have no time and need it installed by Sunday. Anyways they asked me if I wanted my old one back.my car only has 4000 miles on it. Is there any value there or should I just let them keep it? On one hand I don't want to give away a new exhaust ! On the other hand what am I going to do with it?

J2FoRS

What did you guys do with your old exhaust ? I made apointment at the local shop cause I have no time and need it installed by Sunday. Anyways they asked me if I wanted my old one back.my car only has 4000 miles on it. Is there any value there or should I just let them keep it? On one hand I don't want to give away a new exhaust ! On the other hand what am I going to do with it?
I always save to return car to stock if traded in, the dealer doesn't care about the aftermarket one. So I swap back and sell the aftermarket. Or a used private buyer might also want thr stock parts if they don't like your mods.

My biggest issue I guess is that I live the apartment life right now.... No garage or basement to store it in....

I just bought a MBRP for $380.... $430 from @2j-racing and $50 rebate on MBRP's website
I just did the same exact thing and I couldn't be happier. There was no way I was going to pass on such a great deal. As for the old exhaust, I just took mine to the dump. I also live in an apartment with no room for it.

C. love

Saved my old exhaust, glad I did so too.

I got the t409 mbrp and its a drony POS, so much so I kinda hate my car at the moment. Drone wasnt bad around town and
short trips but I just got done with a 3000mi road trip and 3-4k in 6th gear is terriable, so so terriable for that long. My head felt like it was in a folgers can that was getting beat with drum
sticks. I will be contavting MBRP tomorrow and try to work with them to solve the issue, my guess is a resonator to help kill the noise.

DP03

I got the t409 mbrp and its a drony POS, so much so I kinda hate my car at the moment. Drone wasnt bad around town and
short trips but I just got done with a 3000mi road trip and 3-4k in 6th gear is terriable, so so terriable for that long. My head felt like it was in a folgers can that was getting beat with drum
sticks. I will be contavting MBRP tomorrow and try to work with them to solve the issue, my guess is a resonator to help kill the noise.
Yup, this is why folks need to be careful the "bargain" exhausts. You really get what you pay for. That being said, I'm sure you can fix your issue with a resonator. I find the louder exhausts put a smile on my face for about a week, then it goes downhill from there with the drone everyday. I had a louder type exhaust on my Evo, and it got to the point where I avoided driving that car on anything but short weekend drives. Same thing happened on some other cars, so I should have learned......

I've added resonators to exhausts and that has made them much better. But I did mine professionally at muffler shops because I wanted it welded in, and after that, I could have bought the right exhaust the first time for the same money and it would have been so much cleaner....

I really wish there were more single tip options. I emailed Ultimate Racing about theirs and they send some photos, it looks great. I think it is a little out of price range and the shipping would be a killer. I wish the Tusdo exhaust was not angled and was wish it was not quite the fart can it seems to be, it's the right price for sure.

I got the Miltek, ( I had one on a cooper S before,,,good stuff )and the guys at Modbargains did an amazing install, nice to see guys that take so much pride in their work are still around. I avoided any drone by getting the model with the resonator..car is barely louder than stock. if you get onto Modbargains site and look up the miltek thats my car, and there's a drive away clip. The only issue i had was at idle the exhaust would lightly knock against the rear valance...cured by installing stiffer exhaust mounts...its now perfect...the exhaust wasn't cheap, but its construction/ finish was superior to ANYTHING else I researched so IMO it was $ well spent....nice growl, no drone. In your case, a resonator would help a lot....

I really wish there were more single tip options. I emailed Ultimate Racing about theirs and they send some photos, it looks great. I think it is a little out of price range and the shipping would be a killer. I wish the Tusdo exhaust was not angled and was wish it was not quite the fart can it seems to be, it's the right price for sure.
Oval would be my choice....I had one on my previous miltek exhaust on a Cooper S.

DP03

guys, tip choices are yours. Most of the less expensive exhausts have clamp on tips anyway. For the higher quality ones that are welded, how hard is it to saw the tips off and replace?? I really don't get all this about single tip stuff?? I personally think the dual exhaust looks worlds better on this car, but make it what ever you want.

DP03

Oval would be my choice....I had one on my previous miltek exhaust on a Cooper S.

Cut and paste. Oval it is :). You need to be careful about melting the bumpers with one offs like this, but anything is possible. Tips are the easiest things in the world to replace.

guys, tip choices are yours. Most of the less expensive exhausts have clamp on tips anyway. For the higher quality ones that are welded, how hard is it to saw the tips off and replace?? I really don't get all this about single tip stuff?? I personally think the dual exhaust looks worlds better on this car, but make it what ever you want.
I fully realize all of this, I would just like to not buy a new catback then chop the end off. I think in the end I'll just have an exhaust made locally.

Plus RALLY CAR

Checked "Other", actually bought Mountune. Should've had it's own check circle instead of falling into "Other." Just saying.........

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Checked "Other", actually bought Mountune. Should've had it's own check circle instead of falling into "Other." Just saying.........
Just updated poll and added "Mountune"...

I also changed your "Other" selection and added it to "Mountune"....

[HR][/HR]

"Modern Automotive Performance" also added to poll

I got the Miltek, ( I had one on a cooper S before,,,good stuff )and the guys at Modbargains did an amazing install, nice to see guys that take so much pride in their work are still around. I avoided any drone by getting the model with the resonator..car is barely louder than stock. if you get onto Modbargains site and look up the miltek thats my car, and there's a drive away clip. The only issue i had was at idle the exhaust would lightly knock against the rear valance...cured by installing stiffer exhaust mounts...its now perfect...the exhaust wasn't cheap, but its construction/ finish was superior to ANYTHING else I researched so IMO it was $ well spent....nice growl, no drone. In your case, a resonator would help a lot....
Which did you get? Milltek is the way to go. I got their decat(SSXFD097) and non-res cbe(SSXFD100) - http://www.millteksport.com/exhaust.products.cfm?variantid=427